i need someone who is really pro with big reactors turbines plz

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
what you failed to realize when reading the spreadsheet you linked is that red numbers are bad ;). And did you look at the second tab at all?
na i cant find the stupid second tab lmao[DOUBLEPOST=1399575414][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not an expert either, but here would be my approach.

1. You know how much steam your reactor generates and want to build a turbine for it.
Example: 1.200 Steam available
- Number of Enderium blocks for 1800rpm = 1.200 / 54 = 22 blocks -> 3 coils, one of the coils is built with only 6 blocks instead of the normal 8.
- Number of rotor blades = 1.200 / 25 = 48 -> 6 rotors with 8 blades each
The resulting turbine dimensions would be 7x7x11 and it would generate around 1.200 * 11.8 = 14.000 - 14.500 RF.
If you something cheaper for the coils, then it needs more coils to get down to 1.800 rpm and the turbine will still generate less power. (Fluxed Electrum: 30 coil blocks and 10.5-11k RF)

2. You know how much energy you need and want to build a turbine for it
Example: 20.000 RF needed
- Required Steam: 20.000 / 11.8 = 1.700 steam
- Required Enderium Blocks: 1.700 / 54 = 32 blocks
- Required Rotors: 1700 / 25 = 68 blades = 8 rotors with 8 blades and 1 rotor with 4 blades (or simply do 9 full rotors with 72 blades)
The resulting turbine would be 7x7x15.

Then build a reactor to produce the steam. It looks like you get around 280 steam (active) or 500 RF (passive) from a fuel block, so you will need 6 blocks. Maybe a 5x4x7 with 3 rods in a row, 2 blocks high? Or simply build a 7x7 reactor and limit the rod settings. If necessary, then you could run aa second turbine from this reactor later.

(The "magic numbers" for the efficiencies are from Saice's Big Reactors Turbine tests.)

The numbers are not "bad", it would just require more than 2.000 steam for these setups. And that is above the maximum.

^ not an expert?>? lmao look whos being modest XP

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
na i cant find the stupid second tab lmao[DOUBLEPOST=1399575414][/DOUBLEPOST]
You don't know how to find the second tab on a spreadsheet?...

look at the bottom left...there's two tabs, click the second one "Coil Setup Numbers"

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
glad to have found it though lol going to make my life tons easyer lmao.

BTW guys what would you suggest for getting large amounts of water, or just a good set up like know of a good video or have a good set up your set you could take a screen shot of? would be much appreciated XD

Just trying to learn as much as i can on the mod because im really liking it a lot, also any of you guys know any good links to some cool computer craft codes for the reactors/turbines?

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
also though guys i would like to thank everyone for the comments and helpping me out cause i really have this pretty well down now lol (< poor english) but yea pretty excited to make a 2 coilled enderwhateverium 10k rf/t turbine in my survival worldso thanks again everyone!

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
BTW guys what would you suggest for getting large amounts of water, or just a good set up like know of a good video or have a good set up your set you could take a screen shot of? would be much appreciated XD

You don't need it, because you can build a closed system. (The water is getting "recycled".)
Put two cooling ports on the reactor, two fluid ports on the turbine. Set one of each to Input, the other to Output. Add a Tesseract to each of these ports.
Reactor Input: Tesseract set to "Receive Fluid", "Water" channel. Output: "Send Fluid", "Steam" channel
Turbine Input: "Receive Fluid", "Steam" channel, Output: "Send Fluid", "Water" channel

You need a couple buckets to get the cycle started, after that it should run on its own. But I have another tesseract somewhere hooked to a Aqueous Accumulator, also on the "Send Fluid", "Water" channel. Just to be safe. :)
Edit: Almost forgot, there is an option in the turbine how to handle the excess of water. Set it to the middle option, something like "Vent overflow" or something.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I use ExtraUtils liquid transfer nodes and a water source block...nice and simple.

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
i tested those and the ender io pressure pipes are actually faster and i had the extraultils full with speed upgrades and the ender io was basicly the same as it surprisingly, but that does seem like a good way to collect the water.

And you mean just like this with the tesseracts?[DOUBLEPOST=1399577872][/DOUBLEPOST]wait a min.. are you shitting me the turbine makes enough water to supplied the reactor??!?!? with the tesseracts at least, btw they make shit so much easier lmao!

Attachments

• 2014-05-08_15.24.31.png
    2014-05-08_15.24.31.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 55

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need it, because you can build a closed system. (The water is getting "recycled".)
Put two cooling ports on the reactor, two fluid ports on the turbine. Set one of each to Input, the other to Output. Add a Tesseract to each of these ports.
Reactor Input: Tesseract set to "Receive Fluid", "Water" channel. Output: "Send Fluid", "Steam" channel
Turbine Input: "Receive Fluid", "Steam" channel, Output: "Send Fluid", "Water" channel

You need a couple buckets to get the cycle started, after that it should run on its own. But I have another tesseract somewhere hooked to a Aqueous Accumulator, also on the "Send Fluid", "Water" channel. Just to be safe. :)
Edit: Almost forgot, there is an option in the turbine how to handle the excess of water. Set it to the middle option, something like "Vent overflow" or something.
dude you were totaly right that is fking amazing! lol so you just need to get the water started basicly than its good? and what you talking about you not an expert i feel like an expert now just from listening to you XP lmao!

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
geez im never running out of power again lmao! im so excited now! lol i have 16 enderium blocks in my me and i might even go for a 3rd coil but i dont think i have the mats for the blades but once i get them omg lol thank you everyone![DOUBLEPOST=1399578691][/DOUBLEPOST]on top of all that awesomeness this is basicly working off of just one fuel rod lmao! thats so awesome!@

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you have Rotarycraft, you might see if you can get more power out of an RC turbine. Or alternately, run it into a bunch of MFR steam turbines.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Rotarycraft, you might see if you can get more power out of an RC turbine. Or alternately, run it into a bunch of MFR steam turbines.

Rc steam engine dosent actually take steam.

And big reactors are the most efficient way to use steam, i doubt MFR would be better

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
But RF energy generation has no complexity. :D
I don't think anyone is ignorant enough to say it has NO complexity, just less in comparison to other energy systems. Also Big Reactors looks easy in comparison to IC2 reactors also having to step the power down to even use it with anything adds the the overall complexity.
But we are talking about generation here.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I don't think anyone is ignorant enough to say it has NO complexity, just less in comparison to other energy systems. Also Big Reactors looks easy in comparison to IC2 reactors also having to step the power down to even use it with anything adds the the overall complexity.
But we are talking about generation here.
There is literally an entire thread about rf being boring
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thermal-expansion-3-is-boring-actually-just-rf.38894/
'balance' around RF power generation and transportation being what it is, why even have a power system? Why not just have blocks which do cool things and then you don't have to hook up the conduit?

RF power is very easy, block A makes RF, block B moves RF, block C uses RF. The only variation between any of this the rate, there is nothing of power handled and more is always better. Which does not make for an interesting experience with the power system itself.

There have been to many RF is boring threads and posts. I've said it before, @King Lemming has said it, and many others have too; RF isn't boring, you're just not using it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There is literally an entire thread about rf being boring
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thermal-expansion-3-is-boring-actually-just-rf.38894/

Three have been to many RF is boring threads and posts. I've said it before, @King Lemming has said it, and many others have too; RF isn't boring, you're just not using it right.
What do you mean by using it right? I am genuinely at a loss here...
How can you even use RF wrong? All you have to do is make sure you have enough and that the conduits are the right tier then you're set.
Frankly I don't want energy to bee too complicated, I like it that RF is simple to make and use I avoid IC2 becasue I don't relish having to build the extra power infrastructure and machines to merely step the power down to a useable level.

I think people find RF "boring" becasue it doesn't (yet) have the ability to blow your stuff up.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm not talking the RotaryCraft Steam engine, I'm talking the ReactorCraft turbine. There's a couple of other blocks involved, but once you put it all together it converts the steam into rotation and from there you can turn it into RF.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not talking the RotaryCraft Steam engine, I'm talking the ReactorCraft turbine. There's a couple of other blocks involved, but once you put it all together it converts the steam into rotation and from there you can turn it into RF.

No idea didn't play with reactorcraft yet :/ maybe try to find the raw data for a bucket of stem and compare them?

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by using it right? I am genuinely at a loss here...
How can you even use RF wrong? All you have to do is make sure you have enough and that the conduits are the right tier then you're set.
Frankly I don't want energy to bee too complicated, I like it that RF is simple to make and use I avoid IC2 becasue I don't relish having to build the extra power infrastructure and machines to merely step the power down to a useable level.

I think people find RF "boring" becasue it doesn't (yet) have the ability to blow your stuff up.

i think your right lol if its not fucking shit up it boring to some people i guess lol, idk though i never really found setting up the ic2 energy fun really just a means to an end so i could, idk get some machine to work, plus you constantly have to be messing around with it, i love the rf system (spec with ender io, Orgasmic LMAO) but i mean i wouldnt call it rocket science but its not exactly too easy either.

i mean i would pick rf over eu anyday lol and if you really want to cheat just get a converter mod and make rf into eu and never worry about transformers again lmao

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
i think your right lol if its not fucking shit up it boring to some people i guess lol, idk though i never really found setting up the ic2 energy fun really just a means to an end so i could, idk get some machine to work, plus you constantly have to be messing around with it, i love the rf system (spec with ender io, Orgasmic LMAO) but i mean i wouldnt call it rocket science but its not exactly too easy either.

i mean i would pick rf over eu anyday lol and if you really want to cheat just get a converter mod and make rf into eu and never worry about transformers again lmao

My sentiments exactly. I find both EU MJ and RF boring, well maybe not boring but I do not derive joy/ fun from messing with power, But there is satisfaction when a build just works.