Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadock

Jul 29, 2019
Wish people would stop complaining about GT, it's a great mod, been using it in my own custom modpacks for a while now and havent had any problems, well except the odd spamming on console of error.energynet.... but that doesnt seem to affect anything that i can tell so I just ignore it :p
I personally am looking forward to see what the guys at FTB (and gals ;)) have done to compensate for no GT in the Unleashed 1.6 pack.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
A secret internal project that is designed to totally change the way people play modpacks and minecraft.
(ETA Unknown)

Oh man, now i'm not sure if I should wait to see what this is or start my new world on the new Unleashed/Ultimate version of 1.6.

Any more information on this or who this will cater too?

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, now i'm not sure if I should wait to see what this is or start my new world on the new Unleashed/Ultimate version of 1.6.

Any more information on this or who this will cater too?
Dont wait, this is a long way off at this moment in time. As to Gregtech, maybe in the future I will put together a pack that has the mod included. It just doesnt really have a place in any of the packs that are currently under development. There has been no withdrawal of permissions and there is no weird motive behind not including it. At some point down the line I want to revisit the idea of total conversion packs and maybe Gregtech can go in there, but thats just me thinking in text so dont take anything from that other than a random thought.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

Magnox

Jul 29, 2019
The universal configs are being amended as we speak. I will get them out as soon as we can.
Slow, I take it the universal configs will allow us to switch packs and still keep the existing world. ie. 1.6.4 DW20 Pack and move that to the new ***** to replace unleased once its released?

As I started playing DW20 1.5 nd like most had to world reset owing to config problems

Moumix

Jul 29, 2019
If all the mods from the original modpack (DW20 in your example) are still in the modpack you're moving to (new Unleashed in your example), then yes, you should be able to transfer your world and everything should still be acting the same (as all the item IDs will be the same thanks to universal configs).

However if there are mods that aren't in the new modpack you're moving your world to (let's say for example that DW20 modpack has Mystcraft, but Unleashed doesn't), then obviously the items from the missing mods will be missing in your world (like mystcraft portals, books, etc, in the example I gave). :)
At worse, it might crash your world, but it's unlikely. Most probably items will just be missing. :)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Slow, I take it the universal configs will allow us to switch packs and still keep the existing world. ie. 1.6.4 DW20 Pack and move that to the new ***** to replace unleased once its released?

As I started playing DW20 1.5 nd like most had to world reset owing to config problems

In theory .. yes. You will need to make sure there are no missing mods though. So if Extra Bees is in DW and not in the Unl/Ult replacement you would need to move that mod over to the new pack as well as the world. I fact I'd say it would be easier to take the mods that are in the Unl/Ult replacment and add them to DW in this instance. Then you don't have to worry about forgetting to move a mod you already have items from.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just get a clarification, Is the Unleashed 1.6 pack getting renamed? If it is it feels a bit mean to all the people buying t-shirts and hoodies...

They released Ultimate shirts long after they announced it was no longer being updated.

"*******
The replacement for FTB Unleashed the new All round pack designed to cater to all tastes, combining old favorites and new into a all new modpack. (ETA 1 Week) "

Any chance what so ever getting Minecrift support implemented in this pack ? :D

Seeing as the Oculus Rift has not got an offical release yet and Minecrift is built off of Optifine, I don't see it happening.

It's gonna be hard for a modlist to surprise me seeing as they're not going to deviate from the Universal Configs.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
They released Ultimate shirts long after they announced it was no longer being updated.

Seeing as the Oculus Rift has not got an offical release yet and Minecrift is built off of Optifine, I don't see it happening.

It's gonna be hard for a modlist to surprise me seeing as they're not going to deviate from the Universal Configs.

No only the ID's will be identical. Other config settings will be tweaked depending on the the,e of the pack. The Universal configs create universal ID's and resolve a few known compatibility issues. This allows people to more easily create modpacks where mods can be swapped in and out without ID Conflicts.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
No only the ID's will be identical. Other config settings will be tweaked depending on the the,e of the pack. The Universal configs create universal ID's and resolve a few known compatibility issues. This allows people to more easily create modpacks where mods can be swapped in and out without ID Conflicts.

But no new mods will suddenly come out of the blue and be added.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Third Party Modpacks.
I want to give third party private packs the ability to upgrade as soon as possible, this is going to take a few days to get organised though. I want to make that transition as easy as possible and right now there is not a massive amount of free time to make sure that happens.
Would love to have a Version of NWMP ready for the New Launcher. How ever you plan on running things, please let me know as soon as you guys can or when you are able! Good luck getting everything squared away!

Reactions: Ashzification

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
can hardly wait for the unleashed replacement pack. Tried some Horizons today. But just not the same without Buildcraft, IC, forestry. Mfr and the other heavy hitters from unleashed. Did install BC and ic to horizon. But too much work getting them all to work when a new pack is out in a week anyways. Keep it up beast feeders. peace out

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that personally Im a canidate for building my own mod pack. I appreciate that you want to offer a certain experience, have a certain theme to your packs. Me, personally, I just cant get enough mods in a single pack. Having to reset your world everytime there major update is always a welcome change as we are usually done with all of the mods after a couple weeks/months. The more mods you can setup builds for the better, balance and repetitive functionality does not really matter on a private server with around 5 players.
GregTech is the only mod that A) makes powerful (even OP) things such as quarries harder to get to and B) the only mod that adds proper end-game content. Getting to use a fusion-reactor is no joke even if by the time you get it it doesnt really have a use anymore.
Does anyone know of a mod that is properly aimed at late game content? Something that can swallow huge amounts of electricity or gobble up insane amounts of resources to then actually supply an interesting functionality with it rather than the old "yup more of the stuff you dont need cause you are rich"?

I must say that the addition of universal configs and easy-to-use 3rd party modpack implementation might well be what I was looking for. Until then ATLauncher is the better option for people with a broader focus.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Did you read the post? 4th modpakc down Unleashed/Ultimate replacement.[DOUBLEPOST=1386607220][/DOUBLEPOST]

There are no plans to include Greg Tech in any official pack.

At the very least, will you be including gregtech in the universal configs or reserving IDs ... so we can drop in the mod ourselves, if desired?

edit to add:
quick poll of my MC friend - all bar one has added GT to Unleashed. Agree, its quite a challenge to balance with his mod and it requires a deal of editing of configs, so its not for everyone --- but reserving IDs will remove some serious pain. Please permit us the choice.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Getting to use a fusion-reactor is no joke even if by the time you get it it doesnt really have a use anymore./quote]

I'm no expert in Gregtech, but did you just say Greg-Tech adds something that's too hard to get you have to move higher up the tech-tree to achieve it.

That's the new slogan there. "Gregtech, making itself redundant."

Status
Not open for further replies.