Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke and/or anyone else from the modpack team: Is the update to 1.6 going to also allow for any and all versions of minecraft? Up until now, FTB has used the legacy update system for minecraft versions, and 1.6 is not hosted on these anymore, it is hosted on a system which contains all versions of the game so people can select any one with the launcher.

So my question is: Are you going to be adding support to use pre-1.2.5 versions? I was going to make a Beta 1.7.3 modpack, but FTB did not support Beta versions at the time.
Simply put: No the current launcher can not do that right now. It would need further adjustments to allow Retro-Modpacks.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i can see that. But it would be epic ! I've tried unleashed 1.5.2 with minecrift and it's amazing !
I followed this tutorial for getting the mod implemented.
Just hope somebody makes a easier way. ;)
Well I know what I want for xmas....

Dunkurtin

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to a more stable 1.6 experience. Been playing RR on the ATLauncher and while the mod list is great it seems that every update breaks more than is fixes most of the time.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend you wait until next year when it officially releases. It'll be cheaper and of far better quality. Last I heard HD versions are indev.

they'll be expeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive when they come out.
just like google glasses, you don't want to know how expensive those will be when they get released

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
they'll be expeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive when they come out.
just like google glasses, you don't want to know how expensive those will be when they get released

They've promised that they'll be cheaper than the price the are now. If you buy one now, you're getting a not fully functional beta version and you're paying for a dev kit as well. How many of you need a dev kit?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
They've promised that they'll be cheaper than the price the are now. If you buy one now, you're getting a not fully functional beta version and you're paying for a dev kit as well. How many of you need a dev kit?

the problem is.... the rift is already so friggin awesome as it's now, it's hard to contain myself... must... control... my...my.....myyyyy.......

NZIREPx.gif

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why Unleashed won't be updated?
I remember seeing a list of the mods and everything except one (XenosReliquary, I think) has already been updated to 1.6.2. I also remember reading that there would be a 99,9% chance for the 1.6.2 update. What happened?

I really want to play FTB with 1.6.2 but it would really suck having to find a new server and starting all over again (would be the third time in almost one month)!

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I remember seeing a list of the mods and everything except one (XenosReliquary, I think) has already been updated to 1.6.2. I also remember reading that there would be a 99,9% chance for the 1.6.2 update. What happened?

I really want to play FTB with 1.6.2 but it would really suck having to find a new server and starting all over again (would be the third time in almost one month)!
I believe it's because of the new config system FTB is using.

Say, why the heck does the new Direwolf pack Splash say 1.5? Might want to fix that.

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
no issues so far with 1.6 packs although I see that project red : Mechanical is now out :D Can't wait! so glad to be playing on 1.6 now!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Xeno's Reliquary actually is updated, but there's a bit of a story behind it. Xeno wasn't replying to anyone for a while, and since reliquary was open-sourced a player decided to take it upon him to update Reliquary to 1.6 but because he did not had the permission of Xeno it was just an unofficial release. but that person tried to get into contact with Xeno and Xeno replied that he's currently very busy with life again, and gave permission to him to update Reliquary, and thus the unofficial version became the official version
you can find it here by the way https://github.com/TrainerGuy22/Reliquary/releases

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's great news, missing my coin, chalice, and staff.

have you noticed the gun now has a cool 3D shape? :)
I just hope the gun becomes a bit more... easy to use. I've always found it troublesome to use so I never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.