Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but I dont really understand. Playing minecraft is redundant. You spawn in digg a hole in the ground, seal it and the game is won: infinite survival.
Playing (modded) Minecraft is setting your own goals. GT has by far the most advanced and hard to acchieve machinery. In my current 1.5.2 world I can have AE craft an ultimate hybrid in around a minute has the system keeps the (processed) materials needed in stock by itself. GT does not only require large amount of resources, electricity and general infrastructur (piping network to multiblocks) but also adds some really nice functionality (centrifuges etc.).
We will without question use GT on our server because having your first quarry running after around 2 hours kinda defeats the purpose of a lot of the mods in a pack. Mining and resources should matter!
Anyway this is not supposed to be a pro or con GT thread I just cant keep my mouth shut when horribly misinformed and ignorant people diminish the hard work of others.

More related: Id like to bump the idea of including GT in the config files even if it is not officially part any mod pack. The reason(s) given why GT is not going to be included should have no impact on reserved IDs.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but I dont really understand. Playing minecraft is redundant. You spawn in digg a hole in the ground, seal it and the game is won: infinite survival.
Playing (modded) Minecraft is setting your own goals. GT has by far the most advanced and hard to acchieve machinery. In my current 1.5.2 world I can have AE craft an ultimate hybrid in around a minute has the system keeps the (processed) materials needed in stock by itself. GT does not only require large amount of resources, electricity and general infrastructur (piping network to multiblocks) but also adds some really nice functionality (centrifuges etc.).
We will without question use GT on our server because having your first quarry running after around 2 hours kinda defeats the purpose of a lot of the mods in a pack. Mining and resources should matter!
Anyway this is not supposed to be a pro or con GT thread I just cant keep my mouth shut when horribly misinformed and ignorant people diminish the hard work of others.

More related: Id like to bump the idea of including GT in the config files even if it is not officially part any mod pack. The reason(s) given why GT is not going to be included should have no impact on reserved IDs.

I never meant to undermine your work, and I did admit to being ill-informed. My statement was entirely based on you your post.

You make a great point about Minecraft being redundant, but I'm not sure that's the point of GregTech.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I never meant to undermine your work, and I did admit to being ill-informed. My statement was entirely based on you your post.

You make a great point about Minecraft being redundant, but I'm not sure that's the point of GregTech.
I dont work on GT so its hardly my work that is being undermined.
I guess the point of MC or a mod is whatever you make of/with it. To me GT is just an extra layer of difficulty that keeps me playing an invested in the server.
After seeing how ridiculously potent a MFR tree-farm is even in early game I really feel like a little more balance is needed.
I wish for the new packs to give you a sense of acchievement when you completed a system or obtained a certain block/item/function/...
It makes sense that the more mods are part of a pack the harder it is to balance things properly. After all mods are balanced in and of themselves and not nessecarily intended to be used in combination with others. While mod A might use a decently rare vanilla item as balance (ghast tears and spider eyes for SC2 for example) mod B might just make them easily available. In the end its up to you to decide what you want to use and how. Nice thing about GT is that there is no "cheating". You have to build an expensive mutli-block structure to attach machines to. You have to supply power far beyond anything on other mods. You have to sink electricity into obtaining materials and so forth.
For me MC is mostly a power generation sim. I am quite familiar with all the mods on any of the FTB packs but I find myself building large scale power plants the most. There is just so many opportunities to make juice, even literally from juice. Only problem is tho: what do? The way mods (and packs) work these days is that you only really ever want/need to create as much power as you are using on a constant basis. There is no real need for power storage and production beyond average usage. The MassFab obviously being somewhat of an exception but with the balance as it is its rly not that hard to get a couple of them running constantly anyway.
Id love to see more mods that have procedures you need to plan ahead for. Imagine filling your energy banks for 24h to reach a certain status and then getting to use a very powerful tool/block/object once. Resource management of a different kind. That sort of end-game, hard to get to stuff is really exciting for me and will become ever more crucial as mods and packs just get updated. Not every mod can be re-written like TC each time a new version comes out. I bet with IC and BC you can relate. The re-write was desperately needed as they became incredibly stale (and imo in terms of BC and quarries just flat out overpowered).
Horizons is a very exciting pack for that reason and the announcement of the secret in-house project got me pretty much bouncing in my seat.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

dEEPZoNE

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as the Oculus Rift has not got an offical release yet and Minecrift is built off of Optifine, I don't see it happening.

It's gonna be hard for a modlist to surprise me seeing as they're not going to deviate from the Universal Configs.
Yes, i can see that. But it would be epic ! I've tried unleashed 1.5.2 with minecrift and it's amazing !
I followed this tutorial for getting the mod implemented.
Just hope somebody makes a easier way. ;)

tebbenjo

Jul 29, 2019
Do you plan to update the "John Smith Technician's Remix" resource pack, as someone just needs to download the JSTR PATCHER, patch a pack and upload that. this would be something small someone could do to add some major convenience to users of the new packs.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Would love to have a Version of NWMP ready for the New Launcher. How ever you plan on running things, please let me know as soon as you guys can or when you are able! Good luck getting everything squared away!

That's a bit selfish... Why can't they let the rest of us know? :D

Jaeden

Jul 29, 2019
(I think this fits in this page, not completely sure) Why cant i find the Horizon pack in the new launcher? I've re-downloaded it numerous times, it may be simple and i might just be failing at life but please help me :p

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
A secret internal project that is designed to totally change the way people play modpacks and minecraft.
(ETA Unknown)

RedPower 2 Confirmed? Just kidding. I'm really interested in what this has to offer. Is it techy? Magical? Visual-y partical effects abound? I'm excited. :)

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
A secret internal project that is designed to totally change the way people play modpacks and minecraft.

Map? I'd love anouther FTB map. Maybe an adventure style one.

I'd love an adventure pack. I'm so tempted to go back and play Void's Wrath as I loved DRPG so much. Just paitently waiting for the next, eventual update. Hexxit has been somewhat fun, but it's no YogBox. Maybe I should compile a pack myself. It'll have the themes of the YogBox, the new mods of Hexxit and the unusual feeling of joy when playing an AtlanticCraft modpack. Of course I'm far too lazy to make this anytime soon and I probably wouldn't play it until the DRPG update... Sigh.

Hobo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to all the comunity to let us have the packs before xmas and new years eve! i know it means a lot of work for you guys on the other side of the monitors!
I know i'ts just a drop in the ocean of "thanks" you are getting dayly but Thank you all! to the modders and the ftb staff.

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
acording to slows tweet the voxelpack should be up but it doesn't show up for me does it for anyone else?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
acording to slows tweet the voxelpack should be up but it doesn't show up for me does it for anyone else?

It's there but for some reason the launcher isn't sorting by MC version. Look a little lower in the list.

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke and/or anyone else from the modpack team: Is the update to 1.6 going to also allow for any and all versions of minecraft? Up until now, FTB has used the legacy update system for minecraft versions, and 1.6 is not hosted on these anymore, it is hosted on a system which contains all versions of the game so people can select any one with the launcher.

So my question is: Are you going to be adding support to use pre-1.2.5 versions? I was going to make a Beta 1.7.3 modpack, but FTB did not support Beta versions at the time.

Magnox

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke and/or anyone else from the modpack team: Is the update to 1.6 going to also allow for any and all versions of minecraft? Up until now, FTB has used the legacy update system for minecraft versions, and 1.6 is not hosted on these anymore, it is hosted on a system which contains all versions of the game so people can select any one with the launcher.

So my question is: Are you going to be adding support to use pre-1.2.5 versions? I was going to make a Beta 1.7.3 modpack, but FTB did not support Beta versions at the time.

IMO, View this release of 1.6.4 Mod Packs as a Xmas Pressie! The FTB Team have tried to retro fit the old launcher to cater for all the Hungry 1.6.4 Mod players, give them time to get the new launcher out and I'm sure it will be alot more future proof / backwards compatible (Assumption)

Status
Not open for further replies.