Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
I do the same in single player mode, but multiplayer servers usually run for a much longer time, and have a lot of big builds to keep you occupied for a longer time. It's always heartbreaking to lose all that work. :')

LOL, On the multiplayer note, our server's never have a good luck beyond 2 months, we always end up corrupting a world by that time. I have no idea how someone can NOT corrupt a heavily modded minecraft world after 2 months!

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just get a clarification, Is the Unleashed 1.6 pack getting renamed? If it is it feels a bit mean to all the people buying t-shirts and hoodies...

Not really, I mean, think about any other product in the world that changes, for example, car models. I have a shirt with a picture of a Scion XB, 1st gen on it. Now they have a new model out. Does that mean it isnt fair to me for buying the shirt? The Unleashed products are now CLASSICS :)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Jackie Butters

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any plan for an "Ultimate" pack like the previous one. Specifically I'm hoping for something as broad as the Direwolf pack but **at least** including gregtech. The lack of such a pack is why many are using ATLauncher instead. While I've found ATLauncher's updates to not be as smooth as the FTB ones, it's a small price to pay to be able to actually get the pack I'd like instead of ones that have such a narrow focus.

in all probability yes...ftb unhinged running on 1.5.2 has gregtech.

I think most people are using ATLauncher because there weren't any 1.6.2/4 mods...think about it...and stop thinking so narrowly.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any plan for an "Ultimate" pack like the previous one. Specifically I'm hoping for something as broad as the Direwolf pack but **at least** including gregtech. The lack of such a pack is why many are using ATLauncher instead. While I've found ATLauncher's updates to not be as smooth as the FTB ones, it's a small price to pay to be able to actually get the pack I'd like instead of ones that have such a narrow focus.

Did you read the post? 4th modpakc down Unleashed/Ultimate replacement.[DOUBLEPOST=1386607220][/DOUBLEPOST]
in all probability yes...ftb unhinged running on 1.5.2 has gregtech.

I think most people are using ATLauncher because there weren't any 1.6.2/4 mods...think about it...and stop thinking so narrowly.

There are no plans to include Greg Tech in any official pack.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what's up with that? I know Greg Tech and Tinker's Construct can't be included in the same pack, but that's why Unhinged was created. Was Greg part of some new fiasco, or did he decide FTB wasn't good enough for someone of his "caliber"?

Either way, that's one less thorn in FTB's side. Good riddance.

dEEPZoNE

Jul 29, 2019
"*******
The replacement for FTB Unleashed the new All round pack designed to cater to all tastes, combining old favorites and new into a all new modpack. (ETA 1 Week) "

Any chance what so ever getting Minecrift support implemented in this pack ? :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Did you read the post? 4th modpakc down Unleashed/Ultimate replacement.[DOUBLEPOST=1386607220][/DOUBLEPOST]

You should know by now, Jaded... Only the truly demented like myself read the entire thread, or sometimes even the first post, before jumping in wearing hobnailed boots and having a marked lack of information that a simple reading provides.

Cory Morgan

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, On the multiplayer note, our server's never have a good luck beyond 2 months, we always end up corrupting a world by that time. I have no idea how someone can NOT corrupt a heavily modded minecraft world after 2 months!
Exactly the same here lol

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019

I did read the post, but I specifically asked about gregtech, which wasn't mentioned at all. This was the first mention of it though, so thanks for answering my question. That's unfortunate that it won't be as comprehensive as other launchers offer.

Could you elaborate on why it won't be included? Did Greg revoke permission? It has quite a large following so if he allows it to be included in mod packs I would think FTB would want to provide it as an option. Of course he isn't the only modder to not allow his mod in a pack, so if that's what happened that's perfectly reasonable to not provide it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Again please wait for debating mods inclusion or lack thereof until after the packs release.

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not debating anything. You said it wasn't included. I was just wondering what the reason was. It's just a request for information from the people who have that information. Do you know why it won't be included? Feel free to respond with "he said no" or "we didn't want to" or "it was too hard to make it work" or whatever you like. Just looking for information. Knowing the reason helps people better plan out servers for the future.

Last edited:

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not debating anything. You said it wasn't included. I was just wondering what the reason was. It's just a request for information from the people who have that information. Do you know why it won't be included?

Well right off the bat I would guess it's because those packs have mods that do not go with GregTech, and they felt that the intention of the packs line up better with those other mods than they do with GregTech. When vanilla recipes get changed in the name of balance, then it gets a strong look when going in to a pack because it affects every other mod. Some mods (i.e. Railcraft) can get away with it because the recipes they change (rails) aren't used for much. Other mods (i.e. GregTech) can be seen as disrupting too much because the recipes they change (planks) are used in so much, and it forces people to use that mod if they want to use the pack at all.

Additional considerations could be the actual volume of usage between Unleashed vs. Unhinged, numbers that aren't published, and if that additional pack was worth the time and drama it's caused (as seen even in this thread).

Note though that I'm an outsider like you and this is purely speculation. It's not in any of the announced packs. Why is irrelevant unless you're actually seeking a debate.

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
That's all reasonable speculation. Knowing the reason matters because "we don't support gregtech" means we'll never see it, while "we had some technical complications" means we might in the future, or "it is completely incompatible with X" means we should avoid trying to manually merge it ourselves, and "we just don't think it fits design wise" means we can add it ourselves if we'd like to go to the effort.

It's just a simple question, and it obviously was a meaningful decision for the FTB team, since they built an entire modpack around it in the past, so there definitely is some reason. I don't think it's a big deal to just ask for that reason. Slowpoke has stated recently a desire to make the process more transparent and share more information with users after all. I don't really see any reason for those not actually involved in the decision to comment, as I'm just after the official reason, and not speculation.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack team's reason for not including Gregtech is that it changes too many things affecting too many mods and cross mod bugs frequently cause tech support issues. That and the number of features reported as bugs make the mod close to a total conversion and incredibly difficult to support. Basically it amounts to "Does not play well with others". The new IC2 exp incorporates many of the IC2 changes fans enjoyed without the wide cross-mod influence. You are welcome to add it yourself, we just won't provide support for it which means we will not include it in our packs.

You will need to use a third party modpack if you want one with GregTech included by default. Alternatively you are welcome to submit a third party pack with GT in it.

50_Ind1g0

Jul 29, 2019
I put gregtech in a test 1.5.2 pack that i made privately, in order to get it to be remotely playable for anyone except a GT fanatic required an almost complete rewrite of a config that he included, it not being in the first gen of packs is totally fine by me. i think of this as a holiday presenet from the FTB team (best gift i could ask for)

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack team's reason for not including Gregtech is that it changes too many things affecting too many mods and cross mod bugs frequently cause tech support issues. That and the number of features reported as bugs make the mod close to a total conversion and incredibly difficult to support. Basically it amounts to "Does not play well with others". The new IC2 exp incorporates many of the IC2 changes fans enjoyed without the wide cross-mod influence. You are welcome to add it yourself, we just won't provide support for it which means we will not include it in our packs.

Wonderful, thank you for that information. Exactly what I was hoping to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.