Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it should be. You can download the Ultimate pack, and then copy the voxel mods over from the Ultimate packs mod folder into the DireWolf20's mod folder. Do the same for the voxel configs.

Also, as Whovian (savior of the universe) has mentioned below, you need LiteLoader.
its strange that voxel don't give links to just these mods on their own , but thanks anyway :)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
its strange that voxel don't give links to just these mods on their own , but thanks anyway :)

If they do, I would not know as I've never had any desire to search for them. You may want to try that method, but, personally, I'd suggest the method I gave you as it'd give you known-working copies configured to the FTB team's specifications.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Team effort!

Also you can do what I do. Back up all your configs. Then after an update you can compare them side by side to see what has changed.

I have to do that with XLBimoes all the time becuase I disable a large number of the epic tree bimoes. And Backing up lets me see when new options are added to a config where if you just made them read only you might break some new added item beucase of its missing tie in in the config.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that a lot of the biomes in EBXL seem to be disabled by default. Why would they do that?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Epic amounts of butthurt. Not GT epic but close.

I could go on for hours about this but this is absolute crap. I want the full FTB experience that I had with the direwolf20 pack, I didn't know that I had to hunt through all the configs and fix all the random crap he disabled for no apparent reason. If the reason is it lags some people then thats stupid. They could disable the stuff they dont like. And the best part is it doesn't say anywhere that its changed. So people switch from a modpack with all the biomes to this one which only has like half and don't even know about it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I could go on for hours about this but this is absolute crap. I want the full FTB experience that I had with the direwolf20 pack, I didn't know that I had to hunt through all the configs and fix all the random crap he disabled for no apparent reason. If the reason is it lags some people then thats stupid. They could disable the stuff they dont like. And the best part is it doesn't say anywhere that its changed. So people switch from a modpack with all the biomes to this one which only has like half and don't even know about it.
The wonders of some arbitrary, "universal" balance.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
The wonders of some arbitrary, "universal" balance.
I hope he changes it back. But this is really making me lose trust for slowpoke. He sneaks into the configs and disables whatever he feels like that day and doesn't tell anyone

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I hope he changes it back. But this is really making me lose trust for slowpoke. He sneaks into the configs and disables whatever he feels like that day and doesn't tell anyone

Sneaks in??? to make changes to the pack he personally wants to use for his chanellage map?

I can understand feeling a but down that what you thought or what was suggested to be in the pack is not what you got... But at the end of the day FTB Ultimate is just that a pack made by slowpoke for something slowpoke wants to work with.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Sneaks in??? to make changes to the pack he personally wants to use for his chanellage map?

I can understand feeling a but down that what you thought or what was suggested to be in the pack is not what you got... But at the end of the day FTB Ultimate is just that a pack made by slowpoke for something slowpoke wants to work with.

Actually this is supposed to be basically the universal pack, the full FTB expirience. They were encouraging people who were playing the mindcrack and direwolf packs to switch, and those packs had all the biomes. He was gonna make a different pack for his maps. And i'm not all that sure how disabling biomes affects anything

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not all that sure how disabling biomes affects anything
Yeah, I'm not sure how disabling biomes affects anything.

But remember, you're kinda in the minority. A lot of people aren't happy with the 5 redwood biomes the mod adds.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Epic amounts of butthurt. Not GT epic but close.
Troll much?
I just noticed that a lot of the biomes in EBXL seem to be disabled by default. Why would they do that?
Disabling some of the EBXL biomes means you're more likely to see vanilla biomes. Most of the ones that were disabled were extremely similar to other already existing biomes, so it's not a huge deal. The only really unique ones that were removed are glacier, which can cause conflicts with some world-gen that would break ice and cause a bunch of water-flow lag, and marsh, which had an extremely buggy generation system.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm not sure how disabling biomes affects anything.

But remember, you're kinda in the minority. A lot of people aren't happy with the 5 redwood biomes the mod adds.

Well if they dont like it they can remove it, it seems that that has been the general attitude until now[DOUBLEPOST=1362537819][/DOUBLEPOST]
Disabling some of the EBXL biomes means you're more likely to see vanilla biomes. Most of the ones that were disabled were extremely similar to other already existing biomes, so it's not a huge deal. The only really unique ones that were removed are glacier, which can cause conflicts with some world-gen that would break ice and cause a bunch of water-flow lag, and marsh, which had an extremely buggy generation system.
But why mess with them at all? they didnt change the gregtech recipes for example but a lot of people will change them themselves, which is great. However I just want to play the full FTB experience without having to go config hunting. and marsh biomes are buggy eh? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1090288-147-extrabiomesxl-3100-marshes-fixed-d/ just read the URL please

Frizfox

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this is supposed to be basically the universal pack, the full FTB expirience. They were encouraging people who were playing the mindcrack and direwolf packs to switch, and those packs had all the biomes. He was gonna make a different pack for his maps. And i'm not all that sure how disabling biomes affects anything

If it was the huge forests that were disabled, I'm guessing it's due to them destroying themselves whenever you look at them and leaving a laggy mess of hundreds of saplings. I'd be glad to see those gone, since it could cause my fps to drop to a slideshow.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
If it was the huge forests that were disabled, I'm guessing it's due to them destroying themselves whenever you look at them and leaving a laggy mess of hundreds of saplings. I'd be glad to see those gone, since it could cause my fps to drop to a slideshow.

You see the amount of people here complaining about GT? they didn't disable that stuff for the same reason they shouldn't disable biomes. Just because people have slow computers doesn't mean I should be cheated of all the best biomes

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
You see the amount of people here complaining about GT? they didn't disable that stuff for the same reason they shouldn't disable biomes. Just because people have slow computers doesn't mean I should be cheated of all the best biomes

Well enable them...
and stop being so butthurt.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
While it is true that you have a point, i remember wen i started the mindcrack pack and wanted to quickly start making steel due to how long blast furnaces take, once I remembered how easy you can get slimeballs on swamps I began a journey, after exploring a HUGE chunk of the world I found 3 extrabiomes useless swamps, no slimes...no witch huts... only lots and lots of clay.
Sometimes a huge quantity can be a bad thing.

Frizfox

Jul 29, 2019

Entity spam causes server stress as well as client. I like those biomes but the only reason they're there is because they look cool, which invalidates itself when all the trees start rapidly molting.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well enable them...
and stop being so butthurt.

I've enabled them yes, and luckily i'm in contact with the person who runs the server I play on and got him to change it(most people don't have that option) But now im worried about what else he has changed. If he would do that for no reason and not tell people what else would he do. And just imagine what he would do for a klondike bar. Plus I want to play what everyone else is playing, the default pack. Thats why I don't play my own custom pack

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
the full FTB expirience.

And FTB is Slowpokes thing so really still at the end of the day that Expirience is what he wants it to be.

Also I hate to beat a dead horse but... you know if you dislike how any of the mod packs are built you are able to edit them.