Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I originally created this thread to ask if anyone heard any news about the ultimate pack. A couple hours later a beta version was released and this quickly became an ultimate pack opinion/debate thread (and then of course the lovely community turned it into a windows debate thread)

To install the ultimate pack you have to use the "private pack" feature. the code is "ultimate"

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
We probably would have heard about it in the FTB news by now. Anyway, it just became 3/2/13 (or 2/3/13 for you Brits) In Britain 41 minutes ago as of this post time. Your information must have been false.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
his info came from something jadedcat said a long time ago...
things change, I'm pretty sure she said that before the "We only update on Mondays from now on" thing happened.

Be patient

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
his info came from something jadedcat said a long time ago...
things change, I'm pretty sure she said that before the "We only update on Mondays from now on" thing happened.

Be patient

The info I got was from slowpokes stream on the 17th. He specifically said "I know its not a monday but we are releasing it then" and then reconfirmed by Jaded Here

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
GMT is what they usually use I think, and it is 3 hours past midnight according to that, but they might just be trolling us and waiting until midnight at -12 GMT or something. (More likely that it won't be released though)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
GMT is what they usually use I think, and it is 3 hours past midnight according to that, but they might just be trolling us and waiting until midnight at -12 GMT or something. (More likely that it won't be released though)

Heres the thing. I'm usually patient, and I would understand if they can't release it yet, and I would continue waiting like i've done for the last 4 months or so. But when he says hes releasing it today, i'm gonna assume hes releasing it today. He didn't even say that it was most likely getting released then, he said it was(and a couple other members of the team confirmed it) All week I was looking forward to this, I was happy that all the waiting finally paid off. Now there is still an hour and a half EST, but I'm doubting it will be released unless they are trolling us. If so this is a huge disappointment, but the worst part is, whenever they decided they couldn't release it, they didn't even announce it. I wish I knew that before I spent my friday F5ing all day.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
There's a beta version ready. Go check out http://www.twitch.tv/morvelaira. And yes, you can get the beta, you'll have to watch the stream to find out how though :)

Current modlist. Final is still TBD.

VoxelModPack
VoxelMods
advancedmachines
advancedsolarpanel
AppliedEnergistics
buildcraft
ChargePads
ChickenChunks
CoFHCore
computercraft
DamageIndicators
ee3
EnderStorage
extrabees
extrabiomes
factorization
FlatBedrock
forestry
forgeirc
GraviGun
gravisuite
GregTech
IC2
IC2NuclearControl
immibiscore
integratedsoundpacks
InvTweaks
IronChest
MineFactoryReloaded
modularforcefieldsystem
ModularPowersuits
mystcraft
neipluginMyst
neiplugins
neipluginsredpower
NetherOres
obsidiplates
omnitools
petrogen
PortalGun
PowerConverters
railcraft
redpower
secretroomsmod
soulshards
StevesCarts
Thaumcraft
ThaumicBees
thermalexpansion
tubestuff
TwilightForest
UpdateCheckerMod
voxelcommon
voxelMap
VoxelMenu
voxelpacket
voxelplayer
wirelessredstone
XReliquary
xycraft
NEI
Misc. Peripherals
Power Crystal Core

Reactions: Jyzarc

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
by the looks of it we have GregTech on hard mode for those who are wondering, but you can always change configs if you want it to be easy :D

Reactions: Poppycocks

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
by the looks of it we have GregTech on hard mode for those who are wondering, but you can always change configs if you want it to be easy :D
Remember, this is a beta build, and things may change. Also, for ANYONE who is going to use it, mods may be unstable; don't complain if you lose anything

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Why is Power Crystal Core in, but not the rest of powercraft? I guess that gets the worldgen in... It's also interesting to see PowerConverters in there given how much hate that mod seems to get from people...

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
VoxelModPack
VoxelMods

integratedsoundpacks
voxelcommon
voxelMap
VoxelMenu
voxelpacket
voxelplayer
Don't understand the draw. Voxel is not only local lag inducing, but IMO ugly.
advancedsolarpanel

Glad to see this instead of compact solar array. Ultimate solars may be OP, but arrays are OP _and_ a hell of a lot cheaper.
FlatBedrock

lol

MineFactoryReloaded

Slowpoke just killed forestry multiblock farms. Also supersized barrels that are also extremely cheap.

Almost pointless without Traincraft[DOUBLEPOST=1362214241][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why is Power Crystal Core in, but not the rest of powercraft? I guess that gets the worldgen in... It's also interesting to see PowerConverters in there given how much hate that mod seems to get from people...

PowerCrystalCore is not Powercraft

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
Don't understand the draw. Voxel is not only local lag inducing, but IMO ugly.

I kind of agree with DoctorOr here. FTB packs have always been inexplicably sluggish on my computer, the Voxel stuff greatly exacerbates this. ... and it's ugly, too.

Offtopic complaint: I really wish there was some kind of unified in-game config stuff, so that settings/controls wouldn't be scattered in a million different non-obvious places. I shouldn't have to know what key to press to get the interface to change the settings/controls for a mod; they should be available through the standard escape menu somehow.

Reactions: OmegaPython