Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
remind me that after I make 10 HV/ultimate hybrid solar pannels to power that thing.

I actually think GregTech is a pretty neat mod if it's balanced right. I'm starting to understand how it does tiered "unlocking" where the first instance of a machine is crazy expensive but subsequently opens up a ton of options.

If someone made a macerator and electric furnace with automatic and configurable inventory push, I suspect those machines would be directly competitive even with hardmode. The pulverizer's excess output is nice to have, but hardly necessary nor reliable. And the much better Induction Furnace mechanic? Most people I talk to have never used it because of the more complex regulation required to get the most from it.

But then higher order IC2+GT stuff tends to have neat and fun mechanics. IC2's reactors are not very cost effective, but very cool and fun to play with. GT's industrial grinders, centrifuges and electrolyzers seem almost OP they're so good once you can get a bunch of them running.

TE/BC/RC tend to enable self-guided players more, which I like. But they can play nice together.

I also think gregtech is a great mod, but I can't handle his stupid hard recipes in everything, and no, "easy" mode is not easy, is "not changing other mods recipes" mode.

anyway, I rather have a pulverizer that uses the same power my quarry does, rather than have different powers.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
16 overclocker upgrades make the operation 1 tick for macerator, furnace, extractor, and compressor I think.

Too bad you cannot get more than twelve on GregTech without ruining the internal energy buffer, which causes the system to choke, eh?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Still plenty fast though.

Oh yes, yes it is. You'll cook through a stack in twenty seconds, which is the fastest way to do as much (except perhaps the infernal furnace given a bunch of metagaming). Two energy storage upgrades, and using a dedicated MFSU -> two MV transformers -> eight LV transformers, and you'll be fine.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
I see they included the voxel mod pack in the ultimate, I was wondering is it possible to put the voxel mods into the direwolf 20 pack?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I see they included the voxel mod pack in the ultimate, I was wondering is it possible to put the voxel mods into the direwolf 20 pack?

Yes, it should be. You can download the Ultimate pack, and then copy the voxel mods over from the Ultimate packs mod folder into the DireWolf20's mod folder. Do the same for the voxel configs.

Also, as Whovian (savior of the universe) has mentioned below, you need LiteLoader.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it should be. You can download the Ultimate pack, and then copy the voxel mods over from the Ultimate packs mod folder into the DireWolf20's mod folder. Do the same for the voxel configs.

Of course, you also need LiteLoader.

Reactions: Guswut

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There we go. Howdy, Shoop'da'loop. Slept, well, aye?
Yeah.

I take it people are geting all butt hurt over GT or something? Just got up only skimming the thread. 5 pages since last check I am sure it is a lot of Waah GT breaks foretry (witch it does not anymore) Waah GT is set to hard (which is configurable) Ulitmate is not exactily how I wanted it (which is also configurable).

Am I right?

Reactions: Bahnmor

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Am I right?

I'm fairly sure that it degraded into a massive tangent actually. Most of the GregTech hating members went off to another thread (which I stopped following a few hours ago, and now I cannot remember as much).

Ah well, that's what I get for playing with radioactive isotopes: Glowing green skin, a massive smile, and selective memory.

Reactions: Whovian

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah.

I take it people are geting all butt hurt over GT or something? Just got up only skimming the thread. 5 pages since last check I am sure it is a lot of Waah GT breaks foretry (witch it does not anymore) Waah GT is set to hard (which is configurable) Ulitmate is not exactily how I wanted it (which is also configurable).

Am I right?
You forgot butthurt about people butthurt over GT. Butthurt for everyone!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot butthurt about people butthurt over GT. Butthurt for everyone!

Always... Butthurtecption.

I really personaly don't get butt hurt over it. I just point to the whole fact a vast amount of the butt hurt can be corected with a little editing of the modpack or configs. Also that there are a many threads just how to do this. Even at lest that gives people downloadable config files they just drop in place.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. How do I custom-build a modpack in the launcher? I want to remove Voxelmap (or whatever it's called) because it's designed for creative-mode environments, but I'd like to try putting Rei's Minimap back in. And I'd like to remove flat bedrock entirely.

Also, how do I lock GregTech's config files so that another update from him doesn't slip yet another nerf in?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. How do I custom-build a modpack in the launcher? I want to remove Voxelmap (or whatever it's called) because it's designed for creative-mode environments, but I'd like to try putting Rei's Minimap back in. And I'd like to remove flat bedrock entirely.

Click the "Edit Pack" button, and then remove mods as you will.

Also, how do I lock GregTech's config files so that another update
from him doesn't slip yet another nerf in?

Change the file to read only? I don't think you'll be able to do it any other way. And that'll cause loads of issues when configs that are requires are not written.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019

Also, how do I lock GregTech's config files so that another update from him doesn't slip yet another nerf in?

Well, for the first, you can just disable/add mods in from the launcher. Unfortunately, there's no way I know of to custom-buid a modpack without the "private packs" feature, but just for a single person with a single modpack, that's a bit of a hassle.

EDIT: Oh, hey, Guswut! Yet another ninja from you! :p

Reactions: Guswut