Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
He tweeted that he will. He might be waiting for it to be balanced. He never said when he was gonna add it.
I don't use twitter, never have and never will.. so I'd be very appreciative if you could find me that specific tweet and linky? :)

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps for someone that uses twitter, yeah it could be.

"Yea I think I will"

Hardly classes as a promise...
Cynical and lazy... jebus! (google 'twitter DW20 add AE to pack', first result!)

I am enjoying Ultimate atm, I do have a small issue with Gregtech as I am one that would prefer easy but meh. I dont mess around with configs, if I wanted that I would make my own pack... is that not the reason we use FTB in the first place, to not have to mess around with configs? But it is nice to have a smooth self updating mod pack with everything I will ever need in it. Now I do have to find some diamonds though.... bloody rare on my seed!

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Cynical and lazy... jebus! (google 'twitter DW20 add AE to pack', first result!)

I am enjoying Ultimate atm, I do have a small issue with Gregtech as I am one that would prefer easy but meh. I dont mess around with configs, if I wanted that I would make my own pack... is that not the reason we use FTB in the first place, to not have to mess around with configs? But it is nice to have a smooth self updating mod pack with everything I will ever need in it. Now I do have to find some diamonds though.... bloody rare on my seed!
I have one issue with Ultimate, and one issue only. Its that Slowpoke went ahead and disabled a bunch of biomes from EBXL instead of the previous "let people disable it themselves approach" that I prefer. Thats what he did for gregtech, power converters, voxel stuff. So why not extra biomes?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have one issue with Ultimate, and one issue only. Its that Slowpoke went ahead and disabled a bunch of biomes from EBXL instead of the previous "let people disable it themselves approach" that I prefer. Thats what he did for gregtech, power converters, voxel stuff. So why not extra biomes?

Those bioms were redundant. Indistinguishable from one another. And made bions that you were looking for harder to find.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps for someone that uses twitter, yeah it could be.
"Yea I think I will"
Hardly classes as a promise...
To be fair thats not really a promise. But you have to take a few things into account
1. Things change, and there are lots of technical shenanigans, some stuff gets delayed, so if he made an actual promise and it didn't get added right away the community would probably be disapointed

2. He never said "i'm adding it in x version. He said he thinks he will. He might be waiting on balance, he might be waiting for bugs, maybe new features, or something else

3. From what I have heard he is in contact with the modder and he is working on balancing it, which makes me think that Dire is planning on using it. I mean he did a 1 hour spotlight and seemed to really like it. So i'm sure it will be included at some point or another[DOUBLEPOST=1362717787][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those bioms were redundant. Indistinguishable from one another. And made bions that you were looking for harder to find.
Thats your opinion. Some of the biomes were very unique and cool. I think its better to include everything and let whoever has a problem deal with it themselves

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Thats your opinion. Some of the biomes were very unique and cool. I think its better to include everything and let whoever has a problem deal with it themselves
Orrr include a basic set and anyone who thinks it isn't enough can enable the others.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Orrr include a basic set and anyone who thinks it isn't enough can enable the others.

I switched from direwolf20, I thought the only thing I lost was compact solars(which wasn't really a loss with advanced solars) but it turns out you lose the biomes, but I wasn't aware before I made a new world and generated new chunks. Because nowhere does it say "this is whats changed from the other packs" Overall I don't really get why he did that, but he should have mentioned that somewhere. And the ones he disabled don't seem to have any logical patterns, its just sorta random ones (not just the laggy ones, or the ones similar to others, etc) which leads me to believe he just kept the ones he wanted to play with. Not a good thing to do IMO

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the biomes were very unique and cool. I think its better to include everything and let whoever has a problem deal with it themselves

The ones unique are the ones that are still there. The ones removed were the ones that were redundant.
This has nothing to do with personal preferences. Any config changes were done in the interest of game balancing.
Example: We don't need a extra bioms jungle or swamp when there is no difference from the vanilla one.

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
Ancient and off-topic post, but never answered:

Hahah, no sir, none of that bollocks over on this side of the pond. I seem to remember that American English has dropped "z"s in favor of "s"s before, but I cannot remember any good examples right now.

Enterprise, as in "H.M.S. Enterprize." Unless that is "not good" because "everyone hated" the show that featured it in the opening sequence. Most other Z/S differences are the other way around, though.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ancient and off-topic post, but never answered:

Ancient‽ It was bloody Tuesday, hahahah.

Enterprise, as in "H.M.S. Enterprize." Unless that is "not good" because "everyone hated" the show that featured it in the opening sequence. Most other Z/S differences are the other way around, though.

Just "prize" versus "prise" is a fairly decent example of the converse if nothing else. Although I cannot remember a British-English speaker saying "prise" to date, even though it is an acceptable spelling of "prize".

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, prise (to extract) in english means something totally different to prize (an award/reward). Then there's also the common internet confusion of the word price with prize.

Cor blimey guv, ain't the english language smashing? :p

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I switched from direwolf20, I thought the only thing I lost was compact solars(which wasn't really a loss with advanced solars) but it turns out you lose the biomes, but I wasn't aware before I made a new world and generated new chunks. Because nowhere does it say "this is whats changed from the other packs" Overall I don't really get why he did that, but he should have mentioned that somewhere. And the ones he disabled don't seem to have any logical patterns, its just sorta random ones (not just the laggy ones, or the ones similar to others, etc) which leads me to believe he just kept the ones he wanted to play with. Not a good thing to do IMO
Just no. The ones removed were the huge assed redwood trees that in addition to being completely useless were a completely broken and laggy mess! They were removed for a good reason and the majority of people are happy about this change. You are in the extreme minority on this one, sorry!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
2 bronze for 3 copper + 1 tin is fucking ridiculous.

As stated, you can resolve this via a config file change (config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg, line 95: " B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true" " B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false"). If you are playing on a server, you will need to get your administrator to change this config option, and all active users will want to manually update their config file to replicate this change for the sake of GUI consistency.

Reactions: MFINN23

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah going through the config right now and already sick of it. So many fucking changes, fuck this. Gregtech is actually turning me off of minecraft, makes me want to avoid playing it. Disabling Gregtech, fuck you greg. Your mod could have been awesome and your additions are dangling a carrot in front of me, but this bullshit is too much, I'm done.

Bonus: people won't have to hear me complain about it anymore lol

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Just no. The ones removed were the huge assed redwood trees that in addition to being completely useless were a completely broken and laggy mess! They were removed for a good reason and the majority of people are happy about this change. You are in the extreme minority on this one, sorry!

Ok, lets take a look at some of these biomes, that you claim are all "huge tree" biomes. Alpine, I don't believe it has a ton of trees, I know that it has the big fir trees but they aren't everywhere. Extreme jungle, the trees are the same as vanilla jungle trees, the only difference is there are more hills, and it looks awesome. Forested island, its just an island + a forest. I don't see how this could create lag. Glaciers, which don't have trees, and are one of the coolest and most unique new biomes. Green swamp, again there are lots of small trees but no lag inducing ones. Ice wasteland, as the name would suggest has no trees. Marsh, has no trees, Mountain taiga might have slightly taller trees then the standard taiga ones, but not by much. Redwoods do have huge trees yes, I understand that they are pretty rare though. Shrubland has no trees. Snow forest has small trees. Snowy rainforest does have huge trees. Tundra has no trees.

The other argument I keep seeing is "they are all the same" a lot of them are similar to vanilla or other extra biomes biomes. But what does it really matter. Just think of it then as more variety to the vanilla biomes. For example instead of just a jungle you have smaller jungles, and jungles with more hills.The extra biomes just add a lot more to the world. And they add more variety for things like bee breading and mystcraft ages. If you don't like them disable them yourself

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah going through the config right now and already sick of it. So many fucking changes, fuck this. Gregtech is actually turning me off of minecraft, makes me want to avoid playing it. Disabling Gregtech, fuck you greg. Your mod could have been awesome and your additions are dangling a carrot in front of me, but this bullshit is too much, I'm done.

Bonus: people won't have to hear me complain about it anymore lol
just use Veloticans config download...
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...brutality-mode-everything-else-included.9536/

Reactions: MFINN23