Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Oh for god's sake! The question about the legalities is a very complex one and you probably would need a judge and a trial case to figure out of redistributing a config is legal or not. How many people do you think got sued for that?
Right. It's a gray area - the same gray area as mods themselves. So if someone does not want to distribute mods against their licenses, they should not distribute config files either, which is what the question was about.

Edit: How did I get involved in this again?

faithInSelf--;

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: How did I get involved in this again?

It is the addictive part about most all human beings in that you want to apply your opinion against the opinions of others in an attempt to transmit more of your data, whenever possible. No need to deincrement your self.faith until you start putting aside other, more important things, such as sleep, work, or dancing.

Heh, I wonder if you people are starting to see why Tekkit just said "fuck it" to permissions originally. The whole system is ri-goddamn-diculous and broken beyond belief.
Hopefully if anyone ever tries to pull the "wahh you can't distribute modifications of my configs!" bullshit, they'll be ridiculed right on out of here.
Very roughly, half of the users in this thread will end up agreeing with that person, and the other half will disagree, so it'll just end up being a fairly nondirectional "out" at the best.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I wonder if you people are starting to see why Tekkit just said "fuck it" to permissions originally. The whole system is ri-goddamn-diculous and broken beyond belief.
Hopefully if anyone ever tries to pull the "wahh you can't distribute modifications of my configs!" bullshit, they'll be ridiculed right on out of here.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is amazing. I doubt half of the posts in it so far were on-topic.
As for the Ultimate pack, I'm enjoying it so far (after I disabled GregTech, fixed the recipes in MPS and ASP, disabled the VoxelStuff and got Rei's minimap back in). The only unfun part was having to delete most of my world because lolchunks after trying to repopulate them and get a billion volcanoes. At least my bases (and this giant oil well oh god it's enormous) are intact, separated from the rest of the world in a weird but charming way. I think I actually like it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Like the Automatic Macerator, Automatic Extractor, Automatic Compressor, Automatic Recycler and Automatic E-Furnace in GregTech?

These are super new. Gotta add to dat pack. I wish there was ANY documentation on how expensive they are so I could have some basis for comparison to TE machines.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is amazing. I doubt half of the posts in it so far were on-topic.
As for the Ultimate pack, I'm enjoying it so far (after I disabled GregTech, fixed the recipes in MPS and ASP, disabled the VoxelStuff and got Rei's minimap back in). The only unfun part was having to delete most of my world because lolchunks after trying to repopulate them and get a billion volcanoes. At least my bases (and this giant oil well oh god it's enormous) are intact, separated from the rest of the world in a weird but charming way. I think I actually like it.
just change all lava and basalt around your base to air

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
These are super new. Gotta add to dat pack. I wish there was ANY documentation on how expensive they are so I could have some basis for comparison to TE machines.

They're all pretty much the basic IC2 object (with gregtech recipe application as appropriate) with a single Conveyor Module object. Two recipes show up in NEI for me: 3 glass, 3 aluminum, 2 circuits, 1 RE-bat. 3 glass, 3 refined iron, 2 circuits, 1 RE-bat.

So this means the Automatic Macerator costs what a normal macerator does, plus a Conveyor Module (it's shapeless crafting; machine + module).

... so Thermal Expansion still wins there. Plus, the UI isn't nearly as good as TE's.

Reactions: Whovian

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the extractor, recycler, and compressor could have use, though I seem to do just fine with a filter and a timer, as it will cause less lag than a relay, which will both cause more lag than an Enderchest. But those dyes man, they're way too expensive. Obsidian? *yawn* Blaze Rods? Well, they're not going in my boiler. Enderpearls? Pssh. Wooden Chests? Sorry, that was the third item I made after a wooden and stone pick. But those dyes...Gotta farm flowers, find squids, go in the jungle, smelt some cacti, so much work...

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
And then you go back to a previously explored chunk, which is probably still set to repopulate by MCEdit, and it gets spammed by volcanoes as well.
I actually didn't think of that... but if you ever go back to the chunk you can go to mcedit quickly and take out any volcanoes
Carefull the current live version of MCeddit has issues with mod added blocks. You'll need the developers version.
Yes...sorry I forgot to mention that:oops:

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
They're all pretty much the basic IC2 object (with gregtech recipe application as appropriate) with a single Conveyor Module object. Two recipes show up in NEI for me: 3 glass, 3 aluminum, 2 circuits, 1 RE-bat. 3 glass, 3 refined iron, 2 circuits, 1 RE-bat.

So this means the Automatic Macerator costs what a normal macerator does, plus a Conveyor Module (it's shapeless crafting; machine + module).

... so Thermal Expansion still wins there. Plus, the UI isn't nearly as good as TE's.

Yep, and atm you can't put overclockers on them (but it's planned to have overclocker later), so the IC2 recycler is still better, since I don't think one in their correct mind will use recycler that can't be overclocked.

So IMO just skip them until he adds the upgrade module.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to edit them, I like to just play without having to constantly worry about whether I should/shouldnt change something. Then all of a sudden I don't have fun playing anymore. Thats currently happening right now and i'm considering going back to direwolf20 if/when it gets AE like direwolf promised
like direwolf promised? please find me a quote where he says this, or a video URL with timestamp to the point where he says this, as to me it seemed like he thought it was quite unbalanced in his mod spotlight..

Reactions: PCPuddin

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
like direwolf promised? please find me a quote where he says this, or a video URL with timestamp to the point where he says this, as to me it seemed like he thought it was quite unbalanced in his mod spotlight..
I've never really noticed DW20 to be one to care at all about balance. He just plays for fun from what I can tell. If something changes he just rolls with it; good or bad.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus that took a long time to catch up... legality again?really?
my 1pence: you're playing the FTB modpack, which was developed with respect to the modders and permissions for everything as a priority. Legal or not is hugely debatable but it is not for wannabe internet keyboard warrior lawyers to debate.[DOUBLEPOST=1362706105][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've never really noticed DW20 to be one to care at all about balance. He just plays for fun from what I can tell. If something changes he just rolls with it; good or bad.
even so, to say "dire promised" is a huge stretch when he has said no such thing in any video I've seen. I shall wait upon the quote/link, till then, highly skeptical anything of the sort was said.

Reactions: Whovian

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
In the day of the Internet I feel sorry that you are upset you might have to Google something. Or shockingly go to the website of the creators to find out how to do some configuration.

Hey back in the day when I updated form DOS to Windows 3.11 we had to read a whole frig'n manual.

You do not have my sympathy for your lack of ability to research an answer that would take 5 minutes of time on Google to get.[DOUBLEPOST=1362349590][/DOUBLEPOST]

This I can agree with. I think windows 8 is good for touch devices not so much for non touch. But I do prefer android.

Still would not call it a virus though.

May I ask what you googled to find out how to disable it? Because I didn't find anything other than programs that you download to fix it.

But back on topic: I have so much more lag in Ultimate than I do with DW20, even with Optifine installed.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I actually didn't think of that... but if you ever go back to the chunk you can go to mcedit quickly and take out any volcanoes

Yes...sorry I forgot to mention that:oops:
Not thati t isn't sort of amusing seeing tracks as flowers and redstone ore as leaves. :p

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019

He tweeted that he will. He might be waiting for it to be balanced. He never said when he was gonna add it.