Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure I saw Rope plus mod in the ultimate pack when I first downloaded it.
Now it seems to be gone. Am I wrong about it being in their to begin with ? And if not anyone know why it's been removed ?

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
It's got gregtech on hardmode, and thermal expansion on super easy mode. Why?? Pulverizers are better than macerators, so why make them cheaper!?
Because Greg/slowpoke? wants to cull the community to do things his way. The proper thing to do is use a pulverizer because greg said so. I honestly don't know why more people don't have a problem with greg turning the whole pack into his game. He should add his contributions and stop there, installing his mod shouldn't change the way everything else works. REALLY hope they switch off hard ridiculously conceited and overreaching mode.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
Then blame whoever made the configs, not the mod author.

Who blamed the mod author? If you look here, where this side discussion started...

It's got gregtech on hardmode, and thermal expansion on super easy mode. Why?? Pulverizers are better than macerators, so why make them cheaper!?

This is discussing the configs.

Semi-related:
It seems kind of strange that in the final release version of the Ultimate pack, Modular Powersuits has both the vanilla and gregtech recipes enabled. I would have expected only one of them would have been selected for the release.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
There's some config weirdness for sure in the pack. My guess is that this setup to make things as easy as possible for server owners and minimise the likelihood of needing a config pack.

Also, I confirmed it on our own server: the 0.1.3 server is compatible with the 1.0.1 client so there's not actually been any change made to the pack except an official early release. :)

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Because Greg/slowpoke? wants to cull the community to do things his way. The proper thing to do is use a pulverizer because greg said so. I honestly don't know why more people don't have a problem with greg turning the whole pack into his game. He should add his contributions and stop there, installing his mod shouldn't change the way everything else works. REALLY hope they switch off hard ridiculously conceited and overreaching mode.

Ye cuz im sure giving the option to change the configs or to remove addons easily counts as slowpoke and greg wanting to cull the community to do things thier way. If you tell me there is no way to change the configs or even that the game breaks if you remove a mod i would gladly agree with you, but saying that with so many options they give to set the difficult lvl to your liking its just IMO stupid.
Also if you are completly IT-illiterate you can easily use veloticans configs to fix the dificulty you want.

/manu

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
There's some config weirdness for sure in the pack.

I'll say. I just discovered that the coal dust -> diamond chain is making industrial diamonds again. Weren't those deprecated a long time ago?

EDIT: I'm aware you can convert them to regular diamonds with any crafting grid, but it's still weird.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I'll say. I just discovered that the coal dust -> diamond chain is making industrial diamonds again. Weren't those deprecated a long time ago?

EDIT: I'm aware you can convert them to regular diamonds with any crafting grid, but it's still weird.

I think Greg did that to nerf the ability to make diamonds from coal so that they can only be used for IC2 stuff and tools. But they can be easily converted to normal diamonds by a few direct and indirect means.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I think Greg did that to nerf the ability to make diamonds from coal so that they can only be used for IC2 stuff and tools. But they can be easily converted to normal diamonds by a few direct and indirect means.

You're so nquick to blame GregTech from a position of raw ignorance, never understanding that industrial diamonds are base IC2

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You're so nquick to blame GregTech from a position of raw ignorance, never understanding that industrial diamonds are base IC2

"Base IC2" you create normal diamonds, not industrial ones. So either in a recent patch this was reverted in IC2 itself or someone modified the recipe.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 removed industrial diamonds awhile ago and only kept them around as a legacy item that I think could be re-enabled with a config setting. This is why I blamed Greg since it is right up his alley to do this.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
could be re-enabled with a config setting.

You don't say! A _config_ setting you say! Oh me oh my, who do we know on this forum that sets up config files and sends them out to other people?

This is why I blamed Greg since it is right up his alley to do this.

Yes, like I said. Position of ignorance.