Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
They must have accidentally added in assembly line then - causing ID issues w/ thaum.

I bet its that. But how do they go about accidentally adding that mod, and you'd think they would test it first

Meej

Jul 29, 2019
They got "Cntrl + A" happy maybe, and selected one too many mods at the last minute? :p

I mean, this is their largest modpack yet, and the first release of it. Issues are inevitable. :p

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
They got "Cntrl + A" happy maybe, and selected one too many mods at the last minute? :p

I mean, this is their largest modpack yet, and the first release of it. Issues are inevitable. :p

Yeah, I do like the pack though

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.

Also, anyonefound a list on the forums of which mod versions are in the final release (1.0.1)? Seems CPW forgot to mention the mod versions in the Ultimate Pack Update thread.

So far I see some version numbers based on the in-game mods menu. But I am not sure if all of those are correct, however, sometimes mods forget to update their info files.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, fixed it. If Ultimate doesn't show up, delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
What??? does this mean if I get to many people following me I have to become a huge douchenozle?

Unfortunately people's minds can't really handle 'fame' that well. Some are stronger and remain relatively normal, others that get famous turn into total wackjobs. That Flowerchild dude obviously only needed a small 'push' :)

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Bronze is nerfed so it's 3 copper, 1 tin for only 2 bronze (not four like Forestry is balanced for), so it looks like it's on hard mode.

A shame, too, since this means that it's more difficult to try out the mods that Gregorious decides he doesn't like.
Just stop, this is such a dumb change to complain about... why you say?
Because the new multfarms don't require bronze!

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Funny how the FTB devs went from "gregtech is disabled by default" to "yeah, let's just add it and have it set to hardmode". /facepalm
It's got gregtech on hardmode, and thermal expansion on super easy mode. Why?? Pulverizers are better than macerators, so why make them cheaper!?

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
It's got gregtech on hardmode, and thermal expansion on super easy mode. Why?? Pulverizers are better than macerators, so why make them cheaper!?
So we can do our creative building of mad machines without having to go through the hardcore of Gregtech and then when we want to we can build some of the gregtech stuff the way it was meant to be... seems logical to me.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
People claim this, but I heard differently in early streams. I just never had proof so didn't bother to spark an argument. However, Morvelaira in her stream last night confirmed the same sentiment, that GregTech was always intended to be part of the Ultimate pack.
people only claim this as it is what Slowpoke himself said.

Reactions: Dravarden

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Macerators use iron, copper, rubber and redstone. Pulverizers use iron, glass, gold and redstone. I don't see how either is "cheaper". I tend to have much more redstone than gold available early on.

Aside from that: who cares. for me FTB is about building cool stuff, not spending hours on end manually mining.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Got Ultimate and imported my Dw20 world to it without any problems (I especially liked how my LV Solar Arrays transformed into Advanced Solar Panels). Disabled GregTech because I'm not a fan of that mod, turned hard mode off in all configs I could find (Adv. Solar Panels, Modular Power Suits, and maybe a few others) and I'm currently trying to get my world repopulated so I can get Quartz without going too far. Status: swimming in volcanoes. If only there was a way to turn that and Marble off in RP's config...

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Macerators use iron, copper, rubber and redstone. Pulverizers use iron, glass, gold and redstone. I don't see how either is "cheaper". I tend to have much more redstone than gold available early on.

Aside from that: who cares. for me FTB is about building cool stuff, not spending hours on end manually mining.
Macerators use 3 diamonds on gregtech hard mode :D