Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Say there's a Nuclear Reactor at spawn filled up with Uranium with a Pressure Plate right on top of it that a troll put there.

Oh, yes, spawn protection. Say someone put those right outside of spawn protection. So that there's no way to get past the pressure plates.
Set off the trap, respawn, then skip by it happily the second time.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Set off the trap, respawn, then skip by it happily the second time.

If it is right next to spawn protection, you are either going to be on a small floating column of land if nuclear reactors have to obey spawn protection, or you are going to be in the middle of a bloody MASSIVE pit.

We are talking about a nuclear reactor filled with uranium melting down, after all. Perhaps we need some !!science!!, eh?

Reactions: Geometry

Iiamghostt

Jul 29, 2019
After disabling all the voxel things, running -XX:MaxPermSize=256m thru java, and turning off all my settings, I'm getting 3 fps while moving, 40 while standing still. I can't figure out why, since its DW20 with a few extra mods. So why is my computer really taking a hit like this. Normally I can run dw20 at 30fps. I also added optifine_C3. since theres no machines or anything yet, i can't figure out whats hogging all of the resources in my computer.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Say there's a Nuclear Reactor at spawn filled up with Uranium with a Pressure Plate right on top of it that a troll put there.

Oh, yes, spawn protection. Say someone put those right outside of spawn protection. So that there's no way to get past the pressure plates.

Step on it, it blows up, I die.
I assume that I would die upon respawn. If the owner or admins didn't do anything about I would quit that server and find one that isn't populated and ran by asshats.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Step on it, it blows up, I die.
I assume that I would die upon respawn. If the owner or admins didn't do anything about I would quit that server and find one that isn't populated and ran by asshats.

Exactly, although I'd suggest that, if you can avoid it, don't step on it.

Also, couldn't you access the reactor to remove the uranium? Or break the pressure plate?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
After disabling all the voxel things, running -XX:MaxPermSize=256m thru java, and turning off all my settings, I'm getting 3 fps while moving, 40 while standing still. I can't figure out why, since its DW20 with a few extra mods. So why is my computer really taking a hit like this. Normally I can run dw20 at 30fps. I also added optifine_C3. since theres no machines or anything yet, i can't figure out whats hogging all of the resources in my computer.
What resources of your computer are being hogged? RAM, CPU, etc.?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, although I'd suggest that, if you can avoid it, don't step on it.

Also, couldn't you access the reactor to remove the uranium? Or break the pressure plate?

You should be able to break the pressure plate

*replaces with Player Detector*

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to break the pressure plate

*replaces with Player Detector*

Yeah, in which case it'll be a lot harder to do anything, so log out and notify your admin.

If your server admin doesn't have a way to be contacted outside of the server, you are on a bad server.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think anyone would be so dumb to grief like that, especially with the waste of all those delicious materials...

jumpfight5: ____ greifed! look at your spawn!
admin: oh no! i'll ban them right away!
jumpfight5: i can havz theer stuuf?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you'd do better surrounding spawn with portal turrets with an obsidian wall

Iiamghostt

Jul 29, 2019
none of it says its being hogged, but it's jumpy. It can go from 21-3 then to 16. the used memory is a steady incline. I think it's leaking.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You could surround spawn with obsidian within a few hours of play, and it won't take materials you might want to use elsewhere really.
Yeah, and anyways, by the time someone gets enormous amounts of copper for nuclear, you'll have it for liquiducts, lead shouldn't be terribly hard to come across.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Any tough block would work - it just occurs to me that obsidian takes not only an incredibly long time to break by hand, but also is so incredibly abundant due to miners and quarries and the like. That coupled with it's relatively little use to how much you get makes it a building material almost solely for me.

Cobblestone would be enough ifyou had enough turrets about.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not big on obsidian, if someone really wanted to grief me, I sure do hope they have a diamond pickaxe, or they'd have to waste four minutes on breaking one block. If someone takes the time to break warded stone (I believe it takes 10 minutes just to show a sign of breakage), I would probably have logged in and gave them my stuff at that point.

Serious dedication.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the world is still generating?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not big on obsidian, if someone really wanted to grief me, I sure do hope they have a diamond pickaxe, or they'd have to waste four minutes on breaking one block. If someone takes the time to break warded stone (I believe it takes 10 minutes just to show a sign of breakage), I would probably have logged in and gave them my stuff at that point.

Serious dedication.

The idea was to kill grief, blocks are there to stop them getting out akin to a nuclear reactor explosion afterwards.

I didn't know we were being considerate :(

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

You can always disable the NEI when you don't need it.