Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I thought I'd be able to run the ultimate pack just fine, I'm not even able to generate a world, MC just freezes (even with more RAM allocated.) Oh well.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel and Rei's minimap are client side only mods so there's no issue in removing or adding these and joining any servers, just thought I'd point that out to those who may not know.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Is lite loader necessary? Can I remove it without it messing anything up? Also what's it's purpose?

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling the voxel stuff.
Hmm. That did get the world to somewhat start loading. The overworld/nether/end/twilight forest started loading. Then it stalls at PortalGun saying that no save data was found.

I mean, I thought that about twenty more mods than what's in the DW20 / other packs wouldn't cause so much trouble.. before the world is loaded, but huh. Not really sure.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
Either he's having some kind of emotional breakdown or someone broke into his account and is trying to really ruin his reputation.

Based on my previous observations, this is pretty much nominal behavior for FlowerChild.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Is lite loader necessary? Can I remove it without it messing anything up? Also what's it's purpose?
I just found out that liteloader is only needed to run the voxelshit. Disabling all of that and liteloader increases my FPS by about 200%
yay :D
(from 10fps average to 30fps... my maths isn't the best but I believe that is 200%)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. That did get the world to somewhat start loading. The overworld/nether/end/twilight forest started loading. Then it stalls at PortalGun saying that no save data was found.

I mean, I thought that about twenty more mods than what's in the DW20 / other packs wouldn't cause so much trouble.. before the world is loaded, but huh. Not really sure.

Depending on your computer there does come a point where you can mod something so excessively that the client fails to run. It might be that.

More likely the pack is doing something silly. I'd try redownloading and updating it.

Here's a few answers to questions people didn't ask as I read through this thread:

- At last I have a pack that uses every single mod I was using anyway in one easy download! The wait was worth it!
- People can use my time travel map download effortlessly now!
- The version of Flat Bedrock in FTB-U is Power Crystals' version.
- VoxelMap kicks ass, RIP Rei's
- I'm still expecting GregTech's config to get heavily adjusted in the future, because...
- Did anyone notice that ExtraBiomes' default config has been heavily tweaked? and then quickly tweaked back in newer versions? Configs are being adjusted as they go.
- I was really surprised to see Power Converters in Ultimate, but maybe Slow and the gang have finally realised how annoying it is to have a large power grid setup without being able to unify it - perhaps the kicker was them realising that the efficiency of the converters is adjustable!
- PetroGen should be taken out as it doesn't serve a useful purpose with Power Converters and GregTech around; GregTech has the Semifluid and Diesel Generators anyway.
- Advanced Solars work at 1/8 speed at night, therefore they are much more awesome than Compact Solars, I thought everyone knew this.
- Damage Indicators feels superfluous to be perfectly honest, and it seems to be broken in Ultimate at the moment anyway.
- LiteLoader is only used in the Ultimate Pack to run Voxel mods and disabling it disables the entire Voxel suite.

So, as was always going to be the case, FTB Ultimate is the pack for me. :D

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
- VoxelMap kicks ass, RIP Rei's

Unfortunately, I'm one of the folks whose performance suffers substantially with the voxel stuff enabled... Further, I really miss Rei's cave mode, and the ease with which I could change render mode and zoom in/out without stopping what I'm doing by setting up some keybindings.

When I set up my next private server, it's probably going to be Ultimate with xycraft ripped out, and for me at least the client's going to have Voxel taken out and Rei's minimap put back in. Hopefully I won't feel a need to make further alterations than those.

Reactions: Dravarden

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing about REI's I like better is the fact that you can adjust the map update frequency which greatly effects your fps.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your computer there does come a point where you can mod something so excessively that the client fails to run. It might be that.

More likely the pack is doing something silly. I'd try redownloading and updating it.
Well, this is why we have betas I guess! :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I can see possible problems with power converters being a bit too strong since you can make it convert steam into energy. From what I can see you could theroretically hook up a liquid tesseract directly to a steam consumer and use that, an energy bridge, and a producer to completely bypass engines. Looks like I'll have to dl the pack and make sure before it gets released. brb

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
According to the PowerConvertors thread you can convert 100 MJ into 243 EU. Well, say goodbye to steam turbines then.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I can see possible problems with power converters being a bit too strong since you can make it convert steam into energy. From what I can see you could theroretically hook up a liquid tesseract directly to a steam consumer and use that, an energy bridge, and a producer to completely bypass engines. Looks like I'll have to dl the pack and make sure before it gets released. brb

This is absolutely true, but Power Converters conversion ratios are all adjustable in its config, so you set them to whatever you feel comfortable with and this also applies to server owners. :)

Reactions: GreenWolf13