Throwing together a quick pack to introduce a newbie

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
It's slightly more complicated than that. Its not that CofH Core/CofH world (depending on version) enables you to spawn a single ore type, it is that you go into the config of every mod that spawns ore, and disable the ones you don't want, keeping the ones enabled that you do want. And of course, you'd choose to keep the ones that give you the most control over spawning. It just so happens to be that CofH Core/world gives the most control. You can accomplish this without CofH though.

That just leaves the ingots and dusts, because different ore processing mods can still output different ingots/dust/nuggets/whatever. The most elegant way to solve that is to use Minetweaker/CraftTweaker to make sure they all output the same ingots/dust/nuggets/whatever. This is a very work intensive solution though.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I tend to just use something like Storage Drawers and program them with the item I want, and let it take care of ore-dicting things. Of course it doesn't work for all ingots.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I probably should have asked here, but is there a mod that let's you change the timing if the day/night cycle?

My people swear we have shorter than normal days, but I think they're nuts. But, if I could edit it, I'd love to double up the whole thing. Nice, long day. With a long night.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Not going to lie, you've been an inspiration with this custom pack 'bretto! You've done this with a custom instance in Twitch, right? How difficult is it to set that up, add in mods and such?

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Not going to lie, you've been an inspiration with this custom pack 'bretto! You've done this with a custom instance in Twitch, right? How difficult is it to set that up, add in mods and such?

Custom profile in twitch, downloaded each mod one by one, configured / configuring and tweaking as I go. I haven't put it up on twitch yet, but I will by the end of the weekend.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Custom profile in twitch, downloaded each mod one by one, configured / configuring and tweaking as I go. I haven't put it up on twitch yet, but I will by the end of the weekend.
Oh ok, so fairly similar to doing it with the vanilla launcher or the FTB Launcher? I take it that it's straightforward to get it to make new folders in the right place and stuff? Do you have to add forge in first like you do when you're doing it on vanilla or does the launcher handle that?

(There was a whole process my friends and I did for our custom packs, which - while a tad roundabout - worked pretty well)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I can't figure it out. Something is putting potion effects on the regular screen. It's not RPG hud. It's blocking RPG hud. I've looked through every configuration file for every mod, I can't figure out where it's coming from. I need this Disabled, lol

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh ok, so fairly similar to doing it with the vanilla launcher or the FTB Launcher? I take it that it's straightforward to get it to make new folders in the right place and stuff? Do you have to add forge in first like you do when you're doing it on vanilla or does the launcher handle that?

(There was a whole process my friends and I did for our custom packs, which - while a tad roundabout - worked pretty well)

Create the custom profile, selecting the Minecraft and forge versions. Then run it one time and it will populate the files. Then just hit add content and throw em in there one mod at a time.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I can't figure it out. Something is putting potion effects on the regular screen. It's not RPG hud. It's blocking RPG hud. I've looked through every configuration file for every mod, I can't figure out where it's coming from. I need this Disabled, lol
Screenshot of this as well as of the mod list? I'm curious as to what exactly is happening and the mod list will definitely help narrow it down.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It looks like putting this up on twitch is kind of a pain in the butt, based on the instructions I've read. Has anyone here done it before? Am I overcomplicating it in my head?

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Sneaky you can keep your negativity to yourself. It's not needed nor cared for. I didn't read the entire 11 pages, deal with it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sneaky you can keep your negativity to yourself. It's not needed nor cared for. I didn't read the entire 11 pages, deal with it.
I'd say an equally fair comment might be that you can keep your attitude to yourself as well - likewise it is neither needed nor cared for - especially since the originator of the thread also made an entirely fair comment as well. "Deal with it" is tantamount to trolling, and its certainly the kind of attitude that will get you a negative reception. Even reading the whole first page would have told you what the thread was about, and @ShneekeyTheLost has been involved from pretty much the start.

So, positivity - having a 2 mod pack could actually be quite an interesting challenge, and debating what a good pair of mods to put together could be a good discussion topic! It might be worth starting a thread in General Chat to that effect - I suspect it would get quite a lot of opinions! There could even be a poll in there as more ideas are gathered!

That aside: that's handy to know @KingTriaxx, cheers! :) This is going to be a thread I keep coming back to for reference.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's all good, everyone. I'm sure we've all skimmed a thread and responded before. Someone help me figure out how to turn off those potion icons, lol

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's all good, everyone. I'm sure we've all skimmed a thread and responded before. Someone help me figure out how to turn off those potion icons, lol

I knew I forgot something. Do you have any mods that try to add or modify the UI or HUD? On my phone so I can’t really check the pack right now.