Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Or just use a reusable safari net and shove it into an auto-spawner surround with water and grinder?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised they're not breed able tbh. Everything else is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
New irking.

Factorization solar generators, the ones with all the reflectors:

Optimal placement of them forms a circle 17 blocks across. One block more than the width a single chunk, so you have to keep four chunks loaded for it to continuously power stuff.

Also, that Energy Bridges uses an obsolete block to craft the Factorization Consumer/Producer. Oh well, still in NEI...

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
accidenlty droping a iron ingot or something similar while making an EXTREMLY complex recipe and it going to you bag so u have to 1close the crafting table2move youre bag to youre hotbar3take the item around4move the bag out youre hotbar again5resume crafting

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
accidenlty droping a iron ingot or something similar while making an EXTREMLY complex recipe and it going to you bag so u have to 1close the crafting table2move youre bag to youre hotbar3take the item around4move the bag out youre hotbar again5resume crafting
No offense, but an actual crafting table? As in, vanilla? Haven't we, as a community, stopped using those a while ago? I mean, back when RP2 was still relevant, there was the Project Table, which had a bunch of features that made it better then vanilla crafting tables. Now most mods that have unique crafting systems seem to have features like that old RP2 Project Table. And there is also Project Red, which should likely HAVE a Project Table like the one from RP2.

Even if you don't want to use all sorts of new-fangled mods with tons of things, if you have TiC, you can just take a crafting table, and shapelessly convert it into a TiC version which is much better.

I even have Forestry and it's take on such a thing to thank for not sucking like the vanilla system. It uses Ghost slots to make crafting a bit easier. Rather handy.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
No offense, but an actual crafting table? As in, vanilla? Haven't we, as a community, stopped using those a while ago? I mean, back when RP2 was still relevant, there was the Project Table, which had a bunch of features that made it better then vanilla crafting tables. Now most mods that have unique crafting systems seem to have features like that old RP2 Project Table. And there is also Project Red, which should likely HAVE a Project Table like the one from RP2.

Even if you don't want to use all sorts of new-fangled mods with tons of things, if you have TiC, you can just take a crafting table, and shapelessly convert it into a TiC version which is much better.

I even have Forestry and it's take on such a thing to thank for not sucking like the vanilla system. It uses Ghost slots to make crafting a bit easier. Rather handy.

I dare you to use a non vanilla crafting table to upgrade a full lockbox from Thermal Expansion. :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I dare you to use a non vanilla crafting table to upgrade a full lockbox from Thermal Expansion. :D
Sure, give me a bit to get some stuff done, and get back to my house, and I'll even record it for you too if you want.

That being said, you can pick up lockboxes in TE3 after they have stuff in them? I assume this requires a TE3 compatible "wrench", yes?

I also wasn't aware they could be upgraded.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, give me a bit to get some stuff done, and get back to my house, and I'll even record it for you too if you want.

That being said, you can pick up lockboxes in TE3 after they have stuff in them? I assume this requires a TE3 compatible "wrench", yes?

I also wasn't aware they could be upgraded.
Yes the crescent hammer can pick them up with an inventory and yes they can be upgraded. The reason I said that was some difficulty with maintaining the metadata associated with the strongbox/whatever it is called or other portable storage thing when using something other than a vanilla crafting table.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
The Tinker's Construct crafting table works properly for upgrading TE storage items. I've done it several times myself in both SP and SMP. DO NOT SHIFT CLICK it however , instead use a regular right button click or you'll lose the stuff inside. I think that's a problem even in the vanilla table, unless KL already squashed that bug.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
When your mate borrows your best gear and logs off without putting it back.

* you wait for friend to log back in

* friend logs in*

you: hey dude, where's my stuff?
friend: ooh hey dude, how's it going?
you: I'm doing better, if I had my stuff...
friend: ooh yea, your stuff... you won't believe what happened
you: what? you didn't lose it did you?
friend: no, not at all, I traded your stuff with another player for an awesome bane of arthropods 4 enchanting book
you: wait.... what?
friend: yea, it's a steal right, that guy didn't even know it was bane of arthropods FOUR
you:
3ugJbNM.gif

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The fact that there can't be a bomb mod on a server without someone using said bomb mod EVERYWHERE!

Depends on server; and how easy said bombs are to acquire.

My current server has full explosives, as well as modded ones (and explosive accidents if you do something stupid).
The catch is that to make gunpowder/dynamite ect you need to access the end. Endstone contains a chemical for explosives, creepers drop a different chemical thats also needed- mix the two together.
(Creeper/Ghast griefing is turned off)
Its possible to manufacture bombs in massive quantities- but only after building a large mob grinder and digging out a fair bit of the end.
Where's vanilla TNT is just a few creepers and some sand- you get it right from the off- which makes it an easy choice for griefers.