Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
The moments where you think of and write an amazing program only to realize after its done that the "Hardware" is inadequate and your code goes to waste...
(Looking at you chunkloader turtles ">_>)

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
bu...wha...f.. DARN IT! why have I not thought of this? GAH!...
Another way to do it... Once you get the instance working the way you want it, just copy it over to MultiMC and then revert the FTB launcher to the base modpack. There was a period there when you couldn't do that with 1.6, but it should be working fine now.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Another way to do it... Once you get the instance working the way you want it, just copy it over to MultiMC and then revert the FTB launcher to the base modpack. There was a period there when you couldn't do that with 1.6, but it should be working fine now.
I've never gotten such to work. When I make an instance that works (default), then add in the modpacks files, it then wines about the .jar and re-downloads a fresh one... removing forge and ploping in default minecraft.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
I've never gotten such to work. When I make an instance that works (default), then add in the modpacks files, it then wines about the .jar and re-downloads a fresh one... removing forge and ploping in default minecraft.
Assuming you're using a 1.6.4 mod pack, are you running MultiMC 5?
Did you install forge to the MultiMC instance before you copied the minecraft folder over?

This method has worked for me...
1.) Create a fresh vanilla 1.6.4 instance.
2.) Go to "Edit Mods", "Version", "Install Forge". Select the correct version for your pack and hit OK. (I think most of the current FTB packs are running 9.11.1.965, but if you load it from the FTB launcher it will say in the bottom left of the initial minecraft screen.)
3.) Copy the minecraft folder from your FTB instance to /MultiMC/instances/(instance name).
4.) Follow the instructions for MultiMC 5 in http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/

It did not work at all without doing both the forge install and the jvm arguments. The default Java settings on MultiMC don't even come close to handling a FTB mod pack.

Last edited:

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you're using a 1.6.4 mod pack, are you running MultiMC 5?
Did you install forge to the MultiMC instance before you copied the minecraft folder over?

This method has worked for me...
-snip-.

Naw, every methood I've tried with it always throws back the error
Error: Could not find or load main class
-XX:NewRatio=3

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, every methood I've tried with it always throws back the error
Error: Could not find or load main class
-XX:NewRatio=3
Weird. I have no idea how to fix that then. There's a way to do it in the Vanilla Minecraft launcher, but I've never tried that myself.

Edit: After installing Forge but before copying the minecraft folder, did you run the instance at least once?

Here's the Vanilla launcher method. Again, I've not done this myself.

http://truant.enjin.com/forum/m/130...nto-vanilla-launcher-also-optimized-java-args

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
No offense, but an actual crafting table? As in, vanilla? Haven't we, as a community, stopped using those a while ago? I mean, back when RP2 was still relevant, there was the Project Table, which had a bunch of features that made it better then vanilla crafting tables. Now most mods that have unique crafting systems seem to have features like that old RP2 Project Table. And there is also Project Red, which should likely HAVE a Project Table like the one from RP2.

Even if you don't want to use all sorts of new-fangled mods with tons of things, if you have TiC, you can just take a crafting table, and shapelessly convert it into a TiC version which is much better.

I even have Forestry and it's take on such a thing to thank for not sucking like the vanilla system. It uses Ghost slots to make crafting a bit easier. Rather handy.
we'll im sorry if i sounded confusing but i wasnt refering to what table make it a TiC one or a forestry worktable(i think its called)or what i usually use a crafting terminal its just the idea of dropping and object accidentally(though with a crafting terminal droping something like iron or redstone wont make much of a problem since u have accses to youre all youre items it still is annoying XD[DOUBLEPOST=1391965304][/DOUBLEPOST]yh t
Sure, give me a bit to get some stuff done, and get back to my house, and I'll even record it for you too if you want.

That being said, you can pick up lockboxes in TE3 after they have stuff in them? I assume this requires a TE3 compatible "wrench", yes?

I also wasn't aware they could be upgraded.
hough theres a bug(not sure if its fixed or not)when upgrading them and i think its allso hapepns with flux caps and energy cells that they lost their contents/charge when upgraded in a non vanilla crafting table

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~though theres a bug(not sure if its fixed or not)when upgrading them and i think its allso hapepns with flux caps and energy cells that they lost their contents/charge when upgraded in a non vanilla crafting table
You mean when shift-clicked out of the crafting table, yes? This was discussed a while back.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You mean when shift-clicked out of the crafting table, yes? This was discussed a while back.

Not necessarily. That will cause issue in any crafting table. Some crafting tables which don't fall in line with the vanilla crafting code(As I understand it) cause issues with maintaining contents through upgrades.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
What also irks me...
Items you cant craft, and have to be lucky to find in dungeon chests.
As a resource pack maker, HARD CODED COLORS and UNWANTED COLOR OVERLAYS. My poor sugercane... the swamp and it's ugly muddy green.. T.T

sporemasterjw

Jul 29, 2019
Those HUGE gaps between solar pannels in the Advanced Solar Panels mod. Especially when there the most cost efficent source of energy

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Those HUGE gaps between solar pannels in the Advanced Solar Panels mod. Especially when there the most cost efficent source of energy
They're*, and hell no, they aren't the most "cost efficient" source of energy for IC2, IC3, or any mod you can use them with. They are set and forget, plop 'em down and forget they exist while enjoying all that lovely lazy power. That's why they are great, because there is zero work or thought involved with their use.

But yeah, the energy generation on them is weird. At least Compact Solar Panels work in a logical way, combine 8 previous tier solar panels to get the next tier, upside is 8 times the energy generation from one block.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Rotten Potatoes. They are for nothing, they do nothing, and they take up additional inv slots.

Reactions: Padfoote