Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that just good old fashioned lag? Doesn't happen to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Consider - how would a delay in network transmissions cause the server to think I pressed the button twice, when I in fact pressed it once?

I don't have this problem trying to eg pick up a single stack of items from a chest. It's a bug, though I'll certainly believe lag triggers it.

Bearing in mind that it occurs in SSP, but thanks to 1.3 we can get "lag" there too now.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
TCP packets getting sent twice? To counter the network dropping them? How often does it happen, because I've never had it :S

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Were it the case that a packet got dropped, there wouldn't be two blocks placed, yes? ;)

Odds are that's the intention behind it, but nevertheless it shouldn't be happening.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so client assumes packet was dropped due to not getting a reply in time, latency, so resends. Server eventually receives two packets, places two blocks. Sends confirmation of first packet arriving, client eventually gets this, stops sending packets? OT: yeah that would be infuriating

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Interestingly there's also second use for kanthal/nichrome coils that uses only one at a time.

Is there? I found that Nichrome coils can be used in the recipe for Fusion Coils, but according to the wiki, Kanthal coils have no purpose other than increasing the heat capacity of an IBF.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
the fact that my internet speed is in BYTES. no videos no multiplayer and no downloading :(
modem_use.jpg

Is this your modem then?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that some metals can't be made into TC tools. I don't care how impractical it is; if I want a longsword with a silver blade and a golden hilt, that's my decision and I should be able to do it!
Except that requires more items in the mod. And TiC already has a large amount of items. The more bloated each mod is, the slower the game loads and/or runs. Not to mention item IDs that need to be worked with in mod packs.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
when i finish porting and fixing my extra mods to monster (About 45) 1.0.7 then 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 come out...:(

not complaining love updates but my ocd wont let me be on a not new version!