Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
As much as I avoid Extra uts, I'll pick single machines to do stuff like that.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Something that's been irking me tonight: How item textures that have colors with an opacity of less than 100 appear fine when held in the hand and seen from the third person, but look awful in first person and in inventory.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Something that's been irking me tonight: How item textures that have colors with an opacity of less than 100 appear fine when held in the hand and seen from the third person, but look awful in first person and in inventory.
Example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Example?

There aren't any, because textures change as soon as texture designers see how horrible it is.

Though I was working on a mod earlier and added an outer glow (using photoshop layer styles) to the texture, then saw that it made all of the colors from the glow 100% opacity, rather than say, 25%. This results in a horribly ugly and disgusting texture, but it looked awesome in 3rd person.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
There aren't any, because textures change as soon as texture designers see how horrible it is.

Though I was working on a mod earlier and added an outer glow (using photoshop layer styles) to the texture, then saw that it made all of the colors from the glow 100% opacity, rather than say, 25%. This results in a horribly ugly and disgusting texture, but it looked awesome in 3rd person.
That's a shame. Any way of overriding the default inventory renderer?

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It's been a while since a post, hasn't it? :p

It's really annoyed me when I play FTB on a server, and most of builds are made from vanilla materials. I mean, come on, these mods add HUNDREDS of new blocks, that look pretty, and you just had to use one from vanilla, one that you probably have used oh-so-many times already.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since a post, hasn't it? :p

It's really annoyed me when I play FTB on a server, and most of builds are made from vanilla materials. I mean, come on, these mods add HUNDREDS of new blocks, that look pretty, and you just had to use one from vanilla, one that you probably have used oh-so-many times already.
Especially with Chisel and Carpenter's. Expect pretty bases NOPE.

Reactions: xbony2 and Padfoote