Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I would complain some more about Minecraft's issues, but I realized that I don't have the knowledge (or motivation) to actually do anything about them. :p Maybe somebody else can send a big hate letter to Mojang.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
You know what really pisses me off?
Wacky worldgen.
Dude, tropical forests do not exist near taigas and deserts!
And then, the mods that make WorldGen awesome (ATG, BoP, by their powers combined...) make finding specific biomes and biome-specific resources significantly more annoying. Not challenging, just pointlessly time-consuming. Ya can't win.

Though, I hear that world gen is basically the whole point of 1.7. I'll be interested to check it out over the summer (hoping we'll have packs by then)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
And then, the mods that make WorldGen awesome (ATG, BoP, by their powers combined...) make finding specific biomes and biome-specific resources significantly more annoying. Not challenging, just pointlessly time-consuming. Ya can't win.

Though, I hear that world gen is basically the whole point of 1.7. I'll be interested to check it out over the summer (hoping we'll have packs by then)
The author of Amidst is working on biome mod compatibility. Short version Amidst let's you peruse a seed to see what biomes and terrain will generate. So imagine being able to run a BoP seed through the app and find that special biome without flying or running around for hours. W00T

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The author of Amidst is working on biome mod compatibility. Short version Amidst let's you peruse a seed to see what biomes and terrain will generate. So imagine being able to run a BoP seed through the app and find that special biome without flying or running around for hours. W00T
I loved Amidst when I used vanilla terrain gen forever ago. These days it's impossible to find or share good seeds because so many mods change biomes. Hopefully it will also get ATG support.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

343N

Jul 29, 2019
minecraft + portalgun. sometimes you go through a portal and glitch in the ground and go in an endless loop of doing tiny tiny falls and the fact that it's impossible to get out of unless you a. break the blocks below you or b. go into creative/get jetpack and fly up. why the hell does this happen minecraft fix your goddamn collision please, it happens in the vanilla game too so i'm pretty sure it's not portalguns fault.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
minecraft + portalgun. sometimes you go through a portal and glitch in the ground and go in an endless loop of doing tiny tiny falls and the fact that it's impossible to get out of unless you a. break the blocks below you or b. go into creative/get jetpack and fly up. why the hell does this happen minecraft fix your goddamn collision please, it happens in the vanilla game too so i'm pretty sure it's not portalguns fault.

the best way to prevent this is never place the portal at ground level. always build a 3-high stick of blocks and put the portal on the top 2. always hold forward when going through a portal as well, dont just butt up against it and stop. doing this you will never get stuck and die.

Reactions: Padfoote

343N

Jul 29, 2019
yeah well I just went through the bedrock layer and save and quit at two hearts. looks like i gotta mod my coordinates BACK fucking hell

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
That problem you mentioned with finding specific biomes for biome specific resources?
1.7 clumps like biomes together- making that little problem slightly bigger​
Oh, I'm aware. With a ton of new Vanilla biomes, the mods that rely on adding one special biome that gates content are going to need a new method. The only ones I can really think of that do this are Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2. You need a magical forest (which a few biomes count towards) for large essence lakes, silverwood trees, pechs, and magic beans.

Reactions: RedBoss