Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Leather. My gosh this is annoying. So many mods use leather. And when you need it?
No cows.
Anywhere.
So annoying. -_-

Customitems -"Beef Ore"
CustomWorldgen/CoFH - "Beef Ore" veins
Minetweaker- Smelts into beef with leather byproduct
Run.Quarry=Happy?

In all honesty I've always found leather to be an underused and undervalued resource thats largely ignored by both modders and players alike. [how many mods use leather? in a substantial amount?]
I'm kinda glad some people still use/need it.
Having a demand/shortage for a material makes it valuable, and finding a source of it more exiting- its ooh! cows! :D , rather than yaaay cows- meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
If you can get to the Nether, and you have Natura installed, I'm pretty sure you can craft Imp Leather into normal leather.
I do regularly play with natura installed but I have never found Imps enough to satiate my needs.

Customitems -"Beef Ore"
Run.Quarry=Happy?

In all honesty I've always found leather to be an underused and undervalued resource thats largely ignored by both modders and players alike. [how many mods use leather? in a substantial amount?]
Having a demand/shortage for a material makes it valuable, and finding a source of it more exiting- its ooh! cows! :D , rather than yaaay cows- meh.
Hmm I might actually make that a standalone mod if you don't mind since that is a great idea.

To answer your question Thaumcraft needs it for Goggles of Revealing and the book (can't spell it), as does simply jetpacks for the harness. Not in great amounts but it can be very annoying scouring the world just for the Thaum(insert vowels).
And heaven forbid you're on a server. Thank goodness I gave up on public servers a looooong time ago.
EDIT: Admittedly saying so many mods use it was hyperbole but as I said above it is needed for some essential items.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Customitems -"Beef Ore"
Run.Quarry=Happy?

Yep, in my current world, I've yet to encounter this mystical creature called a Cow. I think I'm going to have to end up gathering supplies for an expedition to find this Cow. Since I need to keep an eye on hunger, heat, & hydration, and the more deadly world, this is a quest in itself.
(or double check NEI in case there's some other option...)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Sometimes finding cattle is as about as easy as finding regular jungle biomes.
Check your modded-biome settings; chances are something is preventing cows from spawning.
[or at least figure out what biomes spawn cows]
Never noticed any significant difference with SMP- apart from the dead zone around spawn. [or trade with other players/server admin]​

Though if you're playing a more hostile survival pack, it does somehow make sense that cows are hard to find.
If you're struggling to survive what chance do they have?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
EnderIO cables don't fit in the same block as Forge Microparts. Normally, I wouldn't care, because conduit facades are a thing, but I don't think I can use facades painted to look like Funky Locomotion Frames in the same way that I use frame covers on ME cables and XU transfer pipes.

Also, it seems that P2P tunnels take a couple seconds to start working again after being moved by frames. Which means that my plan to replicate an old pre-Redpower-tube-frame reciprocating-head-style frame quarry using annihilation planes for the block breakers and Funky Locomotion for the frames ran much slower than I would like. I wanted to use a single ME network for the whole quarry- to power the annihilation planes, frame pushers/sliders/etc, and store all the items collected, so I used a P2P tunnel to connect the planes at the bottom of the quarry to the ME controller on top, in order to leave enough channels open for all the P2P tunnels I was using to more RF around. It seems that it's much better to use a solid wall of annihilation planes that can plunge directly, without the need to slide them back and forth, with the planes on their own subnetworks, transferring items to the main network through a chain of storage buses and ME Interfaces.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO cables don't fit in the same block as Forge Microparts. Normally, I wouldn't care, because conduit facades are a thing, but I don't think I can use facades painted to look like Funky Locomotion Frames in the same way that I use frame covers on ME cables and XU transfer pipes.

Seconded, this would be an awesome addition to EIO. Seeing how much CrazyPants is into mod compat (ME conduits!) I'm sure it will be there once FL is widespread enough.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It is about time that this thread is brought back!

That my super simple but yet amazingly useful and powerful TiCo Smeltery molten metal <-> Smelting Basin/Table automation is causing molten metal duping.... :mad:

Now I need to spend extra time on making it more complex in order to find a way to make it stop duping... :(

Reactions: Padfoote

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
How are you managing that? Not that I want to learn an exploit, but I haven't noticed any duplication issues with my setup...which is just a basin, table w/ ingot cast, 2 lengths of hardened fluiduct (w/ servos), a pair of hoppers, and a draconic chest for final output. What did you do?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
It is about time that this thread is brought back!

That my super simple but yet amazingly useful and powerful TiCo Smeltery molten metal <-> Smelting Basin/Table automation is causing molten metal duping.... :mad:

Now I need to spend extra time on making it more complex in order to find a way to make it stop duping... :(
Or you can report it so it might get fixed

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Or you can report it so it might get fixed
Still playing 1.6.4 TPPI so doubt it. Or it have already been fixed in new versions :p

How are you managing that? Not that I want to learn an exploit, but I haven't noticed any duplication issues with my setup...which is just a basin, table w/ ingot cast, 2 lengths of hardened fluiduct (w/ servos), a pair of hoppers, and a draconic chest for final output. What did you do?
Think it happens in the split second between when I toggle from pumping metal out of the smeltery and pumping it back into the smeltery. In that split second it might get pumped both ways at the same time and somehow get duped.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which leads to the question, what are you piping with?
I rather not detail the dupe here, but it turned out to be a problem with Thermal Expansion and completely unrelated with TiCo.

Once I finally got down to the the core of the matter however, it was easy to work around.