Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
All the livestock seems biome abundant. IE lots of cows in plains and shorelines, more sheep in the woods. Chickens in the jungles and pigs in cold regions.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You know what irks me? I have never, not ever found a dupe bug!!! I feel I have missed out on a right of passage...
Found a brilliant one with TiCo and Fz- does anyone want several thousand copies of Mighty Smelting?

I think there will always be dupe "bugs" with emc just because of how emc works.
Well designed, well configured packs could avoid them all; you'd need to be an absolute savent to pull it off in a bigger pack mind.
I think that the only good way to balance this mod for modpack use is to make most renewable items unusable. That way, you can't just make a cobble/wood/etc farm and get all the emc you want. EDIT: heck, even a vanilla gold farm would cause balance issues and that's vanilla.
Renewables themselves are fine, as long as they're given a suitable/adjusted value.
Enderpearls are the difficult one to balance; pre end they're as rare as rocking horse shit and post end you can farm them with ease.​

More interesting would be dynamic EMC values, which change by a small percentage for every item exchanged. So dumping tonnes of cobble would lower the EMC value of cobble. Extracting diamonds will raise the value of diamond.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
More interesting would be dynamic EMC values, which change by a small percentage for every item exchanged. So dumping tonnes of cobble would lower the EMC value of cobble. Extracting diamonds will raise the value of diamond.
It would be interesting but probably also make it useless, since usually you'd often create the same few items from EMC and condense the same few items into EMC.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Why would anyone do that? (make a GOOD mod for a version no one can play without insane lag-fests)
I said it first about 1.7.10. for me that was unplayable at the start and even now I wouldn't be surprised if I get lower fps then in 1.6.
1.8 on the other hand seems to be lag free but I have not yet played with mods there

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Except everything in minecraft is renewable and practically infinite.
That's exactly the problem. When I said most renewable resources, I was talking about things like cobble, wood, stone, dirt, sand, and most other building blocks and plant matter. The issues are renewable things like gold, iron, ender pearls and other mob drops, etc. With modded minecraft, nearly everything is renewable. I would probably drop the emc of most easily renewable resources and increase the emc of things that aren't renewable. Either way, It would depend on the pack. End of the day, I don't really know. This is a mod that is next to impossible to balance.

Renewables themselves are fine, as long as they're given a suitable/adjusted value.
Enderpearls are the difficult one to balance; pre end they're as rare as rocking horse shit and post end you can farm them with ease.​

The Dynamic values would probably balance the mod better than any other alternative. If done properly, there's no real way to exploit the drop or increase in value, especially if items get a 1:1 ratio on drops and increases. I would imagine the programming being difficult. You wouldn't want people to be able to drop a few stacks of something in getting decreases of value only to shift-click things out on those lowered values and it not register increases until after the fact.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You know what irks me? I have never, not ever found a dupe bug!!! I feel I have missed out on a right of passage...
Just keep pushing the boundary for various automation etc. and it happens on and off :p

Think the first one I ever found was back in 1.4.7 when I discovered that my sorting system could turn all my unwanted Enchanted Books into copies of desired Enchanted books :p (maybe technically not a dupe bug)

Leginaru

Jul 29, 2019
Glitchy boats on servers. It's basically impossible to go any distance on a boat before it glitches out, ceases to exist, and then you teleport somewhere else to find your boat also somewhere else. Bonus points if this happened as a result of you dying to an invisible force while supposedly still being in said boat.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly the problem. When I said most renewable resources, I was talking about things like cobble, wood, stone, dirt, sand, and most other building blocks and plant matter. The issues are renewable things like gold, iron, ender pearls and other mob drops, etc. With modded minecraft, nearly everything is renewable. I would probably drop the emc of most easily renewable resources and increase the emc of things that aren't renewable. Either way, It would depend on the pack. End of the day, I don't really know. This is a mod that is next to impossible to balance

The problem is where do you draw the line? Oak saplings no but what about a top of the line Forestry super-sapling that took a week to breed up to? And EVERYTHING is infinitely renewable in modded MC, I honestly can't think of anything I couldn't automate to continually produce...

EMC was fun in 1.2.5, it hasn't matured well into the "pack age".

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is where do you draw the line? Oak saplings no but what about a top of the line Forestry super-sapling that took a week to breed up to? And EVERYTHING is infinitely renewable in modded MC, I honestly can't think of anything I couldn't automate to continually produce...

EMC was fun in 1.2.5, it hasn't matured well into the "pack age".

Thaumcraft nodes... how can I renew those?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft nodes... how can I renew those?

Travel farther, infinite worlds(with RFTools and Mystcraft), each with a (basically) infinite world size = infinite nodes.

Not saying everything is easily renewable but everything is. Once again where do you draw the line? Either everything has an EMC value or nothing has... And he could only really start at 1 for cobble.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Travel farther, infinite worlds(with RFTools and Mystcraft), each with a (basically) infinite world size = infinite nodes.

Not saying everything is easily renewable but everything is. Once again where do you draw the line? Either everything has an EMC value or nothing has... And he could only really start at 1 for cobble.

I don't think there is a line... oh and infinite world size is great unless you are on a server sans rftools or mystcraft and the world size is limited :p but I get your point

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Trying to paste a program into computer craft with Ctrl + V = auto exiting the program editor :C

For anyone being annoyed with the same thing, shift + insert does the same thing.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Being on a Mac and using ⌘-C to copy a server IP, then using ⌘-V to paste it into the menu in Minecraft only to get "v" instead of the copied IP. Then I remember that some programs are derpy and require me to use Ctrl instead of ⌘, so I try Ctrl-V and it works.

Even weirder when I accidentally hit Option/Alt instead of Ctrl, and get a √ instead.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You'd have to use a floating point value, or change the scale radically, after all what does it mean to have 0.999 or 1.998 EMC in a table?
That isn't what "renewable" means.

Reactions: immibis

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
In real life no, we're talking MC here.... Renewable=Can Get More Of

EDIT: and besides which they can be grown in trees, can't get much more "renewable" than that.

infinite != renewable for the purposes of discussing resources.

(almost) everything in Minecraft is infinite if you travel far enough. renewable resources are spcifically those that can be made available in infinite quantities with limited exploration.

Thaumcraft nodes are not infinite - they can be made by growing silverwood trees from saplings that can be gathered from silverwood leaves - but the drop rate is slightly less than 1 sapling per tree so you will eventually run out.

Reactions: immibis