Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Having to make something manual to make it again automatically, only to not need it as the thing you needed but wanted to make it automatically, has already been made.

Reactions: rhn

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I rather not detail the dupe here, but it turned out to be a problem with Thermal Expansion and completely unrelated with TiCo.

Once I finally got down to the the core of the matter however, it was easy to work around.

In the last episode of forgecraft Soaryn was using this dupe bug...

You know what irks me? I have never, not ever found a dupe bug!!! I feel I have missed out on a right of passage...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, me neither. And once involving EE3 interacting with other mods don't count I presume, since this can be fixed by adjusting EMC values or making items unlearnable.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
But EE3 is so broken, and buggy, it really doesn't seem like 3 years worth of work :p

Give Pahinoob some credit. The bulk of the work that he did was ground work to even make it possible. now that the ground work is laid (I know all that part of the code is boring) he will be able to add some really cool features that will make it more appealing. And of course he'll fix any dup bugs that soaryn finds. That's what soaryn is there for.

Reactions: Padfoote

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Give Pahinoob some credit. The bulk of the work that he did was ground work to even make it possible. now that the ground work is laid (I know all that part of the code is boring) he will be able to add some really cool features that will make it more appealing. And of course he'll fix any dup bugs that soaryn finds. That's what soaryn is there for.
I know, but it's just like he makes something work, and then goes "no, I don't want that".
For example, 1.5: Minium Stone was made by minium shards, dropped by mobs, then later found in loot chests, which could be used in transmutation. And it worked with all common oreDict stuff too (copper, tin, etc.)
1.6: Minimum stone no longer craftable, but it was still there, and still worked.
1.7: Removed.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
To be completely fair, rhn's dupe bug is cute, but there's an insane one with forestry that used to exist in 1.6.4 Direwolf. Forestry added little fluid barrels, that hold ten buckets of fluid, and they stack to 64. The problem is I'm pretty sure no one ever used them, because they'd have noticed that you could dupe ten buckets of fluid at a time.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Little things that irk me? Well, highest on the list is that after several years, Mojang still hasn't figured out how to prevent the occasional holes in the world.

Also, may I echo the "livestock problem". If I need sheep, I find only cows - I actually counted the last time, it was 325 cows and 34 sheep - but if I need cows, they appear to be completely absent. Does the damned game know if I have shears in my hotbar and reduces the spawn chance of sheep to 5% if I have?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Irkish things:

* Villagers and livestock migrating NW over time.
* Villagers and mobs building up on chunk boundaries (if mobs are near the edge of the wander limit they will randomly wander over the limit and stop moving.
* Villagers and mobs getting stuck in fence corners and glitching through fences.
* Villagers and mobs causing lag when their AI gets confused (usually by the above).

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Little things that irk me? Well, highest on the list is that after several years, Mojang still hasn't figured out how to prevent the occasional holes in the world.

Also, may I echo the "livestock problem". If I need sheep, I find only cows - I actually counted the last time, it was 325 cows and 34 sheep - but if I need cows, they appear to be completely absent. Does the damned game know if I have shears in my hotbar and reduces the spawn chance of sheep to 5% if I have?
I think the world holes are forge, not minecraft. But the livestock thing, I fully understand. I can never find cows when I need leather, and I think that's why there's numerous mods that add ways to convert rotten flesh into leather

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but it's just like he makes something work, and then goes "no, I don't want that".
For example, 1.5: Minium Stone was made by minium shards, dropped by mobs, then later found in loot chests, which could be used in transmutation. And it worked with all common oreDict stuff too (copper, tin, etc.)
1.6: Minimum stone no longer craftable, but it was still there, and still worked.
1.7: Removed.
To be fair, since ee2, he has been trying to balance a mod that by its very nature is OP as hell.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, since ee2, he has been trying to balance a mod that by its very nature is OP as hell.
And you still need to manually adjust EMC or make items unlearnable, especially in a modpack environment. Altohugh I imagine he put a lot of work into the EMC system and dynamically calculating energy values based on recipes.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And you still need to manually adjust EMC or make items unlearnable, especially in a modpack environment. Altohugh I imagine he put a lot of work into the EMC system and dynamically calculating energy values based on recipes.
Which Soaryn broke in what? 2 hours?

Reactions: RedBoss

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I think there will always be dupe "bugs" with emc just because of how emc works.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the only good way to balance this mod for modpack use is to make most renewable items unusable. That way, you can't just make a cobble/wood/etc farm and get all the emc you want. EDIT: heck, even a vanilla gold farm would cause balance issues and that's vanilla.

I would, however, love to see some type of challenge/hqm map use EE3 as a base instead of Ex Nihilo.