Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I'd prefer never to hear the words "proactive" or "irregardless", because they aren't proper words and just make me angry.
Also improper use of good and well.

Superman does good. You're doing well :p

To keep this thread on topic, clay/bricks irk me. A nice looking building block, barely any other use in most packs, but unless you have a digital miner, they're more painful to build with than gold...

Reactions: malicious_bloke

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reactions: pizzawolf14

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
To keep this thread on topic, clay/bricks irk me. A nice looking building block, barely any other use in most packs, but unless you have a digital miner, they're more painful to build with than gold...

ExNhilo, Rotarycraft, MFR, Gregtech?? [used to, not sure if still does], Forestry bees, magic crops all have ways to automate bulk clay manufacturing.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ExNhilo, Rotarycraft, MFR, Gregtech?? [used to, not sure if still does], Forestry bees, magic crops all have ways to automate bulk clay manufacturing.
I agree, but Pams clay spawn is still very nice as it gives you the chance to start building with Bricks/Clay before you have a large/extended setup.

The way I have used it in my current world is gathering clay from mining/quarry early on and now that I have stopped quarrying I get clay from other renewable sources(bees, Sludge etc.).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I still remember the days where clay was pretty rare...it kinda got stuck with me as I tend to dig most of the the clay that I see. It's not that hard to find on rivers and coasts anymore.
But I don't really like the idea of having it spawn underground, even though it does make sense when there's also dirt down there.

Edit: I remember back in 1.4.7. the first bee I bred back then was one that could produce clay ^^

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not to stir up old (read one page ago) flames, but I swear I saw a video with one of Reika's blocks that would harvest thaumcraft trees creating pure nodes... It would plant the tree, force it to grow, then munch it up, but because of the metadata in the "node" block, it would leave it behind allowing you to node in a jar it....

Was probably a few versions back, but doable. Also once you have enough nodes to charge all the things you want to charge with vis, extra nodes are either useless or used for essence... again, silverwood tree farm = renewable.

What irks me about minecraft? Version changes that break old worlds..... :)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I still remember the days where clay was pretty rare...it kinda got stuck with me as I tend to dig most of the the clay that I see. It's not that hard to find on rivers and coasts anymore.
But I don't really like the idea of having it spawn underground, even though it does make sense when there's also dirt down there.

Edit: I remember back in 1.4.7. the first bee I bred back then was one that could produce clay ^^

Clay, leather and now ender pearls... My early game pet hates...

In my current world I have a sludge boiler, a clayconia and a bee producing clay for me. Because screw clay that's why.

Reactions: PierceSG and ljfa

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I once played a vanilla world with a custom terrain generator that created spherical floating islands with glass domes, but the author forgot to include any clay whatsoever in the worldgen.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That I am so bad at colour coordinating blocks when building. Building architectural shapes comes somewhat natural to me, but damn figuring out what materials and colours to use for it is so foreign to me. Really wish I was better at incoorporating colour into my builds. And when I finally have a good idea, there is ofc no materials with those material texture/colour/connected texture etc. available... :(

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That I am so bad at colour coordinating blocks when building. Building architectural shapes comes somewhat natural to me, but damn figuring out what materials and colours to use for it is so foreign to me. Really wish I was better at incoorporating colour into my builds. And when I finally have a good idea, there is ofc no materials with those material texture/colour/connected texture etc. available... :(
Heh, you have problems :D My builds are usually uniformly textured, often just stone-variants. If anything I choose different materials for floor, walls and ceiling and that's it. And most of the time I have generally the same materials in every room.
And of course everything is rectangular (save for maybe a roof) ^^

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Heh, you have problems :D My builds are usually uniformly textured, often just stone-variants. If anything I choose different materials for floor, walls and ceiling and that's it. And most of the time I have generally the same materials in every room.
And of course everything is rectangular (save for maybe a roof) ^^
Most my current base is just Quaried Block floors and ceiling and Marble walls... I am kicking myself to do something different, but just auto-modes on with the same combo... :(
Started using Stained clay a bit now simply to force myself to think outside the box, but SO easy to fall back into the old ways.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Most my current base is just Quaried Block floors and ceiling and Marble walls... I am kicking myself to do something different, but just auto-modes on with the same combo... :(
Started using Stained clay a bit now simply to force myself to think outside the box, but SO easy to fall back into the old ways.
At least you can use other things then wood. As soon as I try anything else I make it look like shit. With wood I can at least somewhat make it somewhat look decent. and yes those 2times somewhats where needed. Oh and if it was not clear enough I can only use 1 type of tree for it else I get the same problem as with stone

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I once played a vanilla world with a custom terrain generator that created spherical floating islands with glass domes, but the author forgot to include any clay whatsoever in the worldgen.
I played probably the same generator and couldn't find any reeds either DX

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
People who think English is fixed in stone, and that new words (well at least the ones they dislike) should not emerge or gain acceptance and that their personal lexicon should be imposed on others.