Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
When there is an ore that is only used for on thing and the things you use it for you do not need that much. Also I am annoyed how GT has so many one time use items. You use it for one machine and never see it again.

Reactions: Golrith

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
[advert]
a-freaking-men. I feel like youtube walkthroughs are 10% useful content and 90% useless crafting instructions. Worse is that guy who actually zooms in on the crafting grid and does the crafting [advert]slowly. Holy flying fuck, how stupid is your audience? Does anyone still play mods without NEI?
[advert]
Yes.
Crafting recipes really need no more than a second of screen time. [advert]
Certainly not inducing the recipe, talking about it and whinging about how ''expensive'' it is with the crafting grid open.
THEN moving the mouse about and [advert] slowly crafting the item.
[advert]
Expensive as in 'oh hey- this things is pretty expensive' when it uses 2 diamonds and a little iron/copper[advert]/bronze. Maybe a dash of redstone. Your average player could make it before sunset.
[advert][advert]
Oh hey- sponsor my paypal!! [advert]
and for some reason theres an excessive amount of adverts in and around the video. I don't mind one or two, but when you're hitting double figures its getting very [advert] annoying.
I have no patience for this- where's the wiki?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
There is no way to add brewing recipes in Forge without a coremod. Annoying as crap.
That is utterly, completely moronic brilliant. Wait...no, I'm sorry, I actually did mean moronic. It should be no more difficult than BrewingRecipeRegister.AddRecipe( BrewItem, BottleType, OutputItem ); The fact it, going by the above post, requires more than that is incomprehensibly stupid.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Wow, didn't mean to start an argument. Just annoyed how hard it is to run redstone up a set of lamps to visually indicate something. (Energy Cell Fullness for example) And equally hard on the ground without repeaters.

As for the crafting recipe thing, I'm not sure all recorders do it on purpose. I know I occasionally talk to myself to remember how a recipe goes. For example, I always have pneumatic servos backwards.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just want to refine coal into alumentum and have overflow protection, this shouldn't be as complicated as its turning out to be.
An alumentum factory is trivial. Just label your alembics, pipe the redundant aspects e.g. arbor into a labelled void jar, done.
Seriously? Distance based redstone is retarded IMO, and don't get me started on pneumaticraft using it to control things, utterly idiotic, a needless waste of space and a daft way to increase "complexity"
It doesn't have to be a waste of space, unless you only use vanilla to manage your redstone levels. MFR & SFM can be used to make compact level-based redstone control systems, possible EnderIO as well I'm not sure. Most mods these days are designed to be used in conjunction with other mods.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
An alumentum factory is trivial. Just label your alembics, pipe the redundant aspects e.g. arbor into a labelled void jar, done.
I did that, it didn't work. That's literally the first thing that I tried: put labeled void jars one block past the end of each essentia pipe line.

Again, golems do it without much hassle, you just need to label things explicitly for them. Also, the problem wasn't excess, useless essentia like arbor, its that I was producing essentia too fast for the alchemy machine thingy to work, causing the furnace to gum up because, if one alembic is full, it refuses to refine any more essentia, even if both of the other (labeled) alembics were totally empty. So either A) it would fill one labeled alembic (in my case, ignis) and not work, or B) I could've not labeled the alembic and they'd ALL end up full of ignis.

(For the record, I'm using pulverized coal since that produces ignis, potentia, and perditio all in one item, its just that it produces 2 ignis, and one of both of the other two.)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I had no problems in the past with an alumentum factory using charcoal and cobblestone.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I really hate when servers are massively restricted. Like they ban half the in-game items. Jesus Christ.

I would add to the list of major reasons why I never play public-server SMP:

1. Seems like half the modpack items are banned
2. The "infinite" world has a finite border around it
3. Must break each block twice before it breaks once (lag)

It never fails. I finally found a server that didn't have problems #1 and #3... but my boat crossed the hidden border (problem #2) which I didn't know about, and the game killed me when I did. I never went back. To heck with public SMP servers, they all stink. (I'm being polite with my words)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I would add to the list of major reasons why I never play public-server SMP:

1. Seems like half the modpack items are banned
2. The "infinite" world has a finite border around it
3. Must break each block twice before it breaks once (lag)

It never fails. I finally found a server that didn't have problems #1 and #3... but my boat crossed the hidden border (problem #2) which I didn't know about, and the game killed me when I did. I never went back. To heck with public SMP servers, they all stink. (I'm being polite with my words)
You didn't travel 30 000 km out did you? :D If there is any barrier (like in 1.8) it is supposed to be no closer than there.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm still having absolute piles of fun on an infitech2 server, but its restricted to non-idiots, and any block/item restrictions are only made when the item itself causes a severe balance issue that cannot be addressed through configs, minetweaker or any other means.