Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
So...Draconic Evolution's energy storage system. Works great, except for one small thing. See, the pylons are supposed to report the amount of RF in the storage core, and they do...

Problem is, they only do so if the amount in the system is less than ~2.0 billion rf, which happens to be to be the amount of rf/t pylons can transfer. Meaning I can't use an RF Monitor to automate filling it, at least directly.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
A Vanilla gripe that has probably already been mentioned: thunder volume. I can turn down all my audio settings to bare minimum, and thunder will still shake the windows of my room. It's not tied into any volume setting I can find, and even when 60 meters under ground it's nearly deafening. WTF Mojang.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So...Draconic Evolution's energy storage system. Works great, except for one small thing. See, the pylons are supposed to report the amount of RF in the storage core, and they do...

Problem is, they only do so if the amount in the system is less than ~2.0 billion rf, which happens to be to be the amount of rf/t pylons can transfer. Meaning I can't use an RF Monitor to automate filling it, at least directly.
Some monitors only handle 32-bit integers and won't work. I recall having the exact same problem you're having. Sadly I don't recall precisely what my solution was, but you should try using a comparator rather than the RF monitor.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Some monitors only handle 32-bit integers and won't work. I recall having the exact same problem you're having. Sadly I don't recall precisely what my solution was, but you should try using a comparator rather than the RF monitor.
Unfortunately, comparators don't work for the draconic pylons.

M

Muaht

Ewetoob.

Honestly, youtube is the worst thing about (modded) MC. If you need to learn a mod, you need to look up a tutorial. The tutorial is quite often from a modpack, and ends up confusing because of both this, constant updates to said mod being learned, and the SEVERE lack of quality mod specific spotlights.

HD sucks. Bring back VHS... while I'm semi-joking here it's pretty funny reading stuff about MC on other random forums where ppl complain about needing a wiki for the vanilla game.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ewetoob.

Honestly, youtube is the worst thing about (modded) MC. If you need to learn a mod, you need to look up a tutorial. The tutorial is quite often from a modpack, and ends up confusing because of both this, constant updates to said mod being learned, and the SEVERE lack of quality mod specific spotlights.

HD sucks. Bring back VHS... while I'm semi-joking here it's pretty funny reading stuff about MC on other random forums where ppl complain about needing a wiki for the vanilla game.
Well most mods nowadays have some sort of book that tells you how to use the mod. For me, only the more complex stuff I've had to look up. Things like the endergenic generator or a decent big reactors setup.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How villages and towns always seem to spawn in the hilliest terrain possible making them look really out of place. It is really starting to annoy me.
Actually, vanilla villages only generate in pretty flat land. You must have some mod that lets them spawn in non-flat lands.

Yes, vanilla Villages leave a lot to be desired (like, a good farm design or lit buildings :). Or some basic intelligence. Reika's ChromaticCraft lexicon has a description of something where you need to deal with a vanilla village that has failed to build one of his structures, and it talks about their intelligence (I forget the actual wording.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Mods that overhaul biomes or terrain generation often tweak village spawning rules. If you're using 1.7.10, then it's probably witchery that changes the village generation. But mods like BoP and EBXL can change village rules so they spawn in their custon biomes. Mods like RTG also may modify village generation so it accepts the new terrain style.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Opencomputers does work. Thanks for the suggestion. Actually preferable since I can use it with a program to control the mekanism fusion reactor's injection rate.
That's prolly what I did then. I sometimes find CC and OC to be easier for SR latches than an actual latch from, say, project red.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... witchery makes villages spawn more. Fair warning... some villages have guards. Accidentally (or on purpose) hit a villager, they will attack you. Which early game with no armor? Sucks

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Yea... witchery makes villages spawn more. Fair warning... some villages have guards. Accidentally (or on purpose) hit a villager, they will attack you. Which early game with no armor? Sucks
They also noticeably extends a village's lifespan.

And to further expand on the village spawning changes in witchery, it makes villages spawn in a variety of different biomes that they aren't able to in that version, all with themed blocks, including an ice village made of snow and packed ice, as well as a few other thematically suitable and quite practical custom buildings with decent loot as well.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, that bout settles it, then. Witchery will make life a lot easier even if I never actually use it for its intended purpose. It'd make certain bits of ChC progression less of a hassle to attain.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Welp, that bout settles it, then. Witchery will make life a lot easier even if I never actually use it for its intended purpose. It'd make certain bits of ChC progression less of a hassle to attain.
Dynamic potion making in witchery is a thing I never hear people talk about. If your pack has draconic evolution, you can get a massive fortune-multiplier for a few minutes and maximize the hell out of that ore.

Reactions: RavynousHunter