Those little things that irk you about Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You forgot the intrinsic power of ridiculousness
Like this?
:p

PS: Don't try this at home! It runs out of control in seconds. It actually crashed my game, cutting the video short :p

More "under control" version :p
iASCm6O.png

But be careful with it! There seems to be an intermittent bug with the Reanimation trait where it spawns the mobs wrong. They seem to there, but not be there. They cannot be killed and some fall into the ground where they get stuck inside the stone.

Last edited:
Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Why did some of them survive?
Why did the mobs keep spawning even when you turned the lever off?

Why did it go out of control?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why did some of them survive?
Why did the mobs keep spawning even when you turned the lever off?

Why did it go out of control?
Some of them "survived" because they didn't spawn right. Not sure how how or why it happens, but they bug out and appear in the wrong places etc. After running it I can find lots of them down in solid ground below the spawner... They are immune to all damage(including fall damage) and cannot be affected in any way. So assume something is going wrong in the spawning process.

It is the bees that reanimates them. That particular bee has a trait that causes any drop from Skeletons, Zombies or Blazes to disappear and spawn an equivalent mob instead. The lever was actually turning off the MFR grinders. I turned the Lever OFF to turn the grinders ON when the skeletons started multiplying, but they could not keep up at that point :p

It goes out of control because each skeleton drops a bone and several arrows. Both the bone and the arrows count as an item that can be Reanimated by the bee. Therefore it escalates out of control VERY quickly :p
Zombies will not go out of control in the same way, but they were also not sustainable as they didn't always drop an item.

In the picture I posted I took control of the drops by adding them through a Dropper and feeding them into range with Conveyors. So no more running out of control :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh, is that the dragon egg bee?
I have not tested it myself, but I have also heard of people reanimating the dragon with a bee. Not sure if it is with this one. It is written in the wikis that it only reanimates Skeletons, Zombies and Blazes. But who knows, it might be a cruel little Easter egg :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have not tested it myself, but I have also heard of people reanimating the dragon with a bee. Not sure if it is with this one. It is written in the wikis that it only reanimates Skeletons, Zombies and Blazes. But who knows, it might be a cruel little Easter egg :p
What do you mean, "cruel?" That sounds like something you'd want to do.
:p

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, setting up a draconic resurrection ritual was pretty darned easy once I started shunting a whole maxed-out HP ReC turbine's worth of power into the DE energy infuser thingy. That, and having a dimension with draconium ore orbs. :p

SteelHeart

Jul 29, 2019
My 16 gigs of ram+2 gig dedicated video card cant run jack. I give it a full 12 gigs that it can use but it says "nope" and crashes every 30 seconds.

Reactions: stentninja

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Well I built the jack frags computer using all Aussie parts (cheaper shipping) and he said "it should all of the most hardware intensive game out right now" ( bf4/3 Cs go) lol nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk