Things you are most excited about in 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea and doesn't blow up and much more compact than even HP boilers which is even better than combustion.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
The hoppers look cool... though I'm not sure what the huge deal is about them. From what I understand they act like the already existing hopper, as well as an obsidian pipe.

What's all the hullabaloo about? <- That's not rhetorical. If there's something else, I do actually want to know.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
The vanilla hoppers have a huge advantage over buildcraft hoppers they can output sideways

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
As well they act as a better than redstone engines + wooden pipe that can only pull from things above it.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Chest Carts can output directly into them. You can throw items into them and they can be routed sideways. They have one extra slot and because they are vanilla, all mods (at least the considerate ones) will tailor their machines to fit the hoppers like Sengir did.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Something that excited me was drinking liquid redstone through a straw. Doing so causes lightning to strike you. Unfortunately it does not change a regular gravity gun into a super-charged one.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Something that excited me was drinking liquid redstone through a straw. Doing so causes lightning to strike you. Unfortunately it does not change a regular gravity gun into a super-charged one.

Yes it does.

EDIT: it'd be cool if it also charged all tools on you. Like eletrics

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I got struck with actual lightning.

I'm JK. I thought you were suggesting that for some reason because my mind was being retarded.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Literally renaming one texture to a copy of the Quartz texture does the same thing. However the things you can do with the Quartz from the baseline is great.
I mainly like the pillars, but just the normal blocks are awesome.

I just started playing vanilla again and updated to 1.5. Man is Quartz a pain to get. I first thought 4 nether quartz = 4 blocks. NOPE! 4 NQ = 1 block. :(

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The hoppers look cool... though I'm not sure what the huge deal is about them. From what I understand they act like the already existing hopper, as well as an obsidian pipe.

What's all the hullabaloo about? <- That's not rhetorical. If there's something else, I do actually want to know.

They also extract from inventories, and can connect/inject to things that are not vertically below them. So for example, you could arrange multiple machines that normally do not auto-eject and get something like a TE pipeline.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Let me tell y'all this right now: I'm pretty damn happy with 1.5. I can actually get a playable framerate now!

Sent from my phone using black magic