Things you are most excited about in 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I cant wait to have ars magica spells, vanilla hoppers, and LAN cables from computercraft. What is/are your favorite thing(s) from either 1.5 itself, an update to an existing mod, or an entirely new one?

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla Hoppers are the best thing Mojang has added in a while.

I can't say even Mod API is better to me.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
TConstruct. Ars Magica. Natura. RedNet. Redstone Blocks. Bee House. New bee species. Xy Power. Lots of other stuff I can't remember.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I am not gonna use Minefactory in 1.5, im sorry but I would rather not have my world covered in naturally occurring poo. I wish rednet was a separate mod.

Reactions: Dravarden

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely I'm kind of curious about the naturally occurring poo just to have another free source of power but I'm slightly off anyway.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed. Minefactory reloaded is one of the most exciting mods since redpower2. With just it and thermal expansion (and maybe buildpower) you have amazing potential.[DOUBLEPOST=1367290259][/DOUBLEPOST]
Strangely I'm kind of curious about the naturally occurring poo just to have another free source of power but I'm slightly off anyway.

It's really not THAT common.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I am not gonna use Minefactory in 1.5, im sorry but I would rather not have my world covered in naturally occurring poo. I wish rednet was a separate mod.
Hmm, that's a much better option than just turning it off in the config!.... (B:WorldGen.MFRLakes=false)

Actually most excited about not having Redpower installed. Looking forward to playing around with some alternates.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Minefactory reloaded is one of the most exciting mods since redpower2. With just it and thermal expansion (and maybe buildpower) you have amazing potential.

I know right?

TE is *so* much better than IC2. See, we're breaking away from old mods and rising into a new age of coolioness.

Also, Ars Magica is actually a lot cooler than I previously thought. I was badly mistaken.

Emy

Jul 29, 2019
You know that you can turn off MFR's worldgen and all of the machine recipes, right? MFR is highly configurable.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I know right?

TE is *so* much better than IC2. See, we're breaking away from old mods and rising into a new age of coolioness.

Also, Ars Magica is actually a lot cooler than I previously thought. I was badly mistaken.

Yeah. We just need to get re-comfortable with EE2-style play, because Ars brings back a LOT of that style of play in a more fun package.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Minefactory reloaded is one of the most exciting mods since redpower2. With just it and thermal expansion (and maybe buildpower) you have amazing potential.[DOUBLEPOST=1367290259][/DOUBLEPOST]

yeah in itself there is a lot of potential, but most of it can be replaced with other mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1367290758][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm, that's a much better option than just turning it off in the config!.... (B:WorldGen.MFRLakes=false)

Actually most excited about not having Redpower installed. Looking forward to playing around with some alternates.
"why would you ever remove a really useful and huge mod" *removes redpower*[DOUBLEPOST=1367290836][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know right?

Yeah, the TE UU matter and crops are so awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1367290895][/DOUBLEPOST]
ITS RUINING MY REDSTONE READY SUPERFLAT WORLD!!!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
yeah in itself there is a lot of potential, but most of it can be replaced with other mods.

What replaces rednet? What replaces conveyors? Protip: don't say Assembly Line. I am like UE's cheerleader in these forums and even I wouldn't pretend the functionality is comparable. What replaces the decorative brick blocks? What replaces the animal breeding and spawning? Point me to links; I love checking out new mods?

Because I looked around a lot and just didn't find much that can do all the things MFR can do for a farm. I submit to you that even the MFR farms are a better fit for FTB than Forestry multifarms.

"why would you ever remove a really useful and huge mod" *removes redpower*

It is less "*removes redpower*" and more "There is no redpower." Point me to a 1.5.1 build and I'll use it tonight.

Yeah, the TE UU matter and crops are so awesome

Point taken. But TE is updating with amazing new things all the time and IC2 seems to be content to just update its API and add 0 new features.

For example, TE machines are soon gonna work with vanilla comparators and they have lamps that can output variable light levels based on redstone strength. How about an instant visual indicator of how much work the machine has left? Got hoppers above it? No problem! MFR's got averagers and complex arithmetic on redstone strength! Does that lamp sound like a tough way to tell precisely how much work is left? MFR has seven-segment display drivers so you could use lamps and make a damn digital display of % how much work is left.

IC2? Has a magnetizer. At least IC2 has gregtech.

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
What replaces rednet? What replaces conveyors? Protip: don't say Assembly Line. I am like UE's cheerleader in these forums and even I wouldn't pretend the functionality is comparable. What replaces the decorative brick blocks? What replaces the animal breeding and spawning? Point me to links; I love checking out new mods?

Because I looked around a lot and just didn't find much that can do all the things MFR can do for a farm. I submit to you that even the MFR farms are a better fit for FTB than Forestry multifarms.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1631527-151-forge-ssmp-vanity-blocks-mod-v322/

it adds black and white marble. I think its still a work in progress not entirely sure. I've played around a little bit with it. it also adds some nice condensed blocks like wheat, slime, enderpearl, and coal blocks.

check it out.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019

It is less "*removes redpower*" and more "There is no redpower." Point me to a 1.5.1 build and I'll use it tonight.

Point taken. But TE is updating with amazing new things all the time and IC2 seems to be content to just update its API and add 0 new features.

For example, TE machines are soon gonna work with vanilla comparators and they have lamps that can output variable light levels based on redstone strength. How about an instant visual indicator of how much work the machine has left? Got hoppers above it? No problem! MFR's got averagers and complex arithmetic on redstone strength! Does that lamp sound like a tough way to tell precisely how much work is left? MFR has seven-segment display drivers so you could use lamps and make a damn digital display of % how much work is left.

IC2? Has a magnetizer. At least IC2 has gregtech.

MFR: I said *most* of the stuff can be replaced, not always in a similar way but there ware other ways of doing it. For example you could use water for animals, and pipes/tubes for items instead of conveyors. you can have steves carts animal farms. I really like MFR but I actually think it makes things too easy (for my taste anyways) and I absolutely can't stand its world gen.

Redpower: yeah I just thought it was silly that he was making fun of me for not wanting to use MFR when he was happy to get rid of redpower altogether

IC2/TE So? your point? I would love new content (or maybe a website that makes sense) in ic2, but at least there is an updated ic2 that you can make plugins for then no IC2 at all. I look at IC2 as basically a more universal version of UE. Both are really cool mods, there is some overlap and TEs machines are pretty much better in every way but IC2 still has quite a bit of unique stuff. Also I saw on FC2 some type of construction foam that looked like a diamond block(so i'm assuming it will be like a facade/microblock system, so there you go content

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
KirinDave, why did you miss the last two Way's episodes on your server? ^_~

I also wait for new MFR stuff. Especially RedNet and that awesome logic block.
I'd like to say about DDoors, since I like this mod so much, but it seems that current 1.5.1 version has only minor changes since 1.4.7 version.