Things you are most excited about in 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not against power buffering, I just don't need THAT much storage... 3 energy cells are... well, I'd say that it's more than enough for me. For IC storage I have 3 MFSU but that's more for be able to feed 4 IC grinders, Blast Furnace and Electrolyzer simultaneously. Actually even the third MFSU wasn't necessary. Now I moving my ore processing into other pocket dimension and it will have two MFSUs to be able to output 2xHV but only one or two Steam Turbines. This setup will power 2 Induction Furnaces, 4 Grinders and a small AE network. The other reason why I don't need a lot of IC2 storage is the matterfabricator. Why store the energy when you can use it? For me storage is for
1) Buffering to support high-power, but not constantly running devices.
2) Charging tools and armor.

TE storage also can be used as portable power source (maybe not neccessary with tesseracts)

Aww... But I like my boilers...

Need for storage of power is dictated by the projects you come up with to use it. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1367308244][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is an efficient 1 block MJ engine that outputs at 16mj/t.

WHERE IS GREG

Reactions: Penguin99661

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Need for storage of power is dictated by the projects you come up with to use it. :p
I understand that, but really, for what purpose do you need to STORE the energy? Stored energy does nothing.
WHERE IS GREG
Shh! He will nerf energy such a way that we will be forced to use Grindstone and regular furnaces!

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'll still probably use boilers.

The only engines I ever plan on using are the ones that'll run my quarries.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Boilers produce steam, not energy ^_~

Also, it is a shame that RockCrusher doesn't work on steam.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
What am I looking forward to? Pretty much everything...

From vanilla Hoppers and Comparators get me most excited, but Quartz in general looks great as well.

In Ultimate the addition of Tinkers Construct/Natura has me interested.
Besides that many updates to mods that have been in Ultimate have me very excited. MFR's RedNet looks so insanely awesome it almost makes me explode. Modular power suits has gotten a lot of cool new attachments and keeps getting more stuff each update. TE has gotten a few cool pipes (insertion pipes are really awesome and solve some issues BC pipes have), liquid glowstone and I'm sure there is more. SC has gotten new modules and fixes that might make a mining cart a viable mining machine (I've seen a fix to make sure a block is solid, so it won't get stuck on Xycraft Quartz anymore. Also the Liquid Cleaner and Incinerator will help to get rid of all the useless junk and clear out any liquids that might block its path). And there are probably several other mods (that I'm forgetting) that have gotten great updates.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I have to say that 1.5.1 is quite crazy as it is.
I wonder when will the IC2 team start working on IC3.
But what is the most interesting thing I've seen in are frying pans.
Be right back getting some PILLZ.
Also:
1.5.1 is arquibly one of the best updates.
Some things I don't like (bone meal nerf?), some I love (hoppers made obisidian pipes and hoppers from BC one single item), some I think could be better (activator rail with no time can go suck a cock, RC version is better) and others are preety cool (dispensers are actually useful now).

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
MFR makes things to easy for my taste... It has some good ideas but also some very overpowered stuff for my playstyle.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
MFR makes things to easy for my taste... It has some good ideas but also some very overpowered stuff for my playstyle.
How so? What does it add that makes things too easy? Not spoiling for a fight, or anything, just curious as to your why you feel that the mod makes things too easy?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
There is an efficient 1 block MJ engine that outputs at 16mj/t.
And you can just connect it to a conductive pipes and it works without problems. BTW conductive pipes got fixed, they no longer accept power if they would overheat and blow up, so you can connect them straight to energy cell or engines. Combustion and stirling can still blow up when they store too much energy, however you should always control your combustion engines with heat sensitive gates.

Graphical performance is awesome, a lot better than 1.4.7. And I don't think that MFR in itself makes easy game, it just shifts focus from making energy and accumulating resources to making interconnected systems which produce a lot of things and there is always something to use in further system. Energy production in MFR isn't easier than solars and geothermals with tesseracted. If you think that normal recipes are too easy, just use newly added GT style ones. Some things could be more balanced (lava fabricator is less interesting mechanics then magma crucible, oil fabricator is exploity with RC), but overall it is really fun mod to play with.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Um... Why do you store energy, first of all? For me, any storage is more like a buffer that allows short bursts of output power (for example to power Greg's grinders)
Most high-end power systems produce power constantly, and your power usage is not a constant. I agree with power items, such as armor and tools.

And, Mash, I'm not suggesting you to move away from IC2 power. I'm using it a lot too. I'm just saying that conceptually they are almost the same.
I play most of my games with no storage (I use MJ) and it makes it more fun to have to turn off engines and automate stuff.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion and stirling can still blow up when they store too much energy, however you should always control your combustion engines with heat sensitive gates.

Yeah the fixed sterling engines so much that they're worse. Used to be, an engine pointed direct to a machine face would not overload. Now it will.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ohmaigawsh yeah, the MFR sewage completely ruins my rather flat Redstone Ready world. If you look at my recent "Extra Bees Genetic Engineering Guide" There is some sewage in the background. I didn't want to use regular superflat because of annoying bats, but the sludge and poo? Maybe the bats aren't so bad.