Things you are most excited about in 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like the system of EU more than MJ. That's why TE isn't ever going to replace IC2 for me unless they add EU compatibility to those machines which seems unlikely.

I appreciate the alternative one way or the other, but I simply like the way EU works more than MJ.

Reactions: Jyzarc

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
For example you could use water for animals,
No, the real challenge is separating young from the adults and setting up new spawners.

Redpower: yeah I just thought it was silly that he was making fun of me for not wanting to use MFR when he was happy to get rid of redpower altogether

He is not happy to "get rid of" redpower. No one has the option to have redpower2 anymore. We're just excited to try new stuff, too.

IC2/TE So? your point?

IC2 without gregtech is stale is my point.

I look at IC2 as basically a more universal version of UE.

Which is weird, because IC2 power isn't directly convertable into MJ. UE is. IC2's ore pipeline doesn't play with others, UE does. IC2's high end power gen doesn't by default output steam, UE's does.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just trying to point out that there is no reason to fight here.[DOUBLEPOST=1367293368][/DOUBLEPOST]
KirinDave, why did you miss the last two Way's episodes on your server? ^_~

I was there! But I do modpack maintenence work. Where did Mystcraft come from? OH WAIT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THAT YET ^_~.

I have 2 solo episodes to edit and post. I typically do this on tuesdays.

I'd like to say about DDoors, since I like this mod so much, but it seems that current 1.5.1 version has only minor changes since 1.4.7 version.

Mostly just stability fixes. It no longer corrupts worlds when you put a tesseract down.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not trying to pick a fight, just trying to point out that there is no reason to fight here.[DOUBLEPOST=1367293368][/DOUBLEPOST]
cool then let me enjoy my poopfree world, without people telling me to leave my own thread lol

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
An joke. Learn to take it. :)
I know its a joke, I was just surprised by the reaction I got for not using it (especially because I dont even use the ultimate slowpoke disables biomes pack) And half of those people probably haven't even used it until it went in FTB #MFRhipster

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like the system of EU more than MJ. That's why TE isn't ever going to replace IC2 for me unless they add EU compatibility to those machines which seems unlikely.

I appreciate the alternative one way or the other, but I simply like the way EU works more than MJ.
Is there any principal difference between IC2 and TE energy networks? I think that TE is even more convenient, since there are tesseracts and no transformer requirements. And Cells can output from different sides ^_^
I was there! But I do modpack maintenence work. Where did Mystcraft come from? OH WAIT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THAT YET ^_~.

I have 2 solo episodes to edit and post. I typically do this on tuesdays.
Oh, that's on your channel. It would be a good idea to subscribe for it...
Tadam! Done. OK, I'm waiting for it ^_^
Mostly just stability fixes. It no longer corrupts worlds when you put a tesseract down.
I'm using tesseracts in pocket dimensions my 1.4.7 worlds ._.
Is it correct that I shouldn't break them with a pick to avoid crashes?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using tesseracts in pocket dimensions my 1.4.7 worlds ._.
Is it correct that I shouldn't break them with a pick to avoid crashes?

We were early adopters. We paid the price. It should be all fixed now. King Lemming is a good egg and helped source the bug.[DOUBLEPOST=1367294449][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know its a joke, I was just surprised by the reaction I got for not using it (especially because I dont even use the ultimate slowpoke disables biomes pack) And half of those people probably haven't even used it until it went in FTB #MFRhipster

I think we're just shocked you'd pull a mod rather than change a config option, given that the mod gives the best rednet control mod we've ever seen.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... But is it correct that they won't corrupt my world if I don't move or remove them?

Weird. I tried to remove three different tesseracts with a pick and with a wrench in a pocket dimension in my test world, and I didn't crash...

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any principal difference between IC2 and TE energy networks? I think that TE is even more convenient, since there are tesseracts and no transformer requirements. And Cells can output from different sides ^_^

The principal difference for me is that EU storage devices don't cap out at 600k.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hoppers, tinkers update, hoppers, ars update, hoppers, hoppers, hoppers, hoppers.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
But TE ones are easier to use in large quantities. And Also, with enough boilers you don't even need storage devices.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
But TE ones are easier to use in large quantities. And Also, with enough boilers you don't even need storage devices.

I prefer to have them in case I ever need to use multiple machines at the same time. At any rate, one AESU equals 166 redstone cells.

But, this is kind of going off-topic. I love TE for many, many things, but I simply can't move away from EU for primary energy.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The same could be said of EU it is simply more efficient to store the excess just as it is with MJ. Also lappacks and energy crystals and energized armors.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to more mods doing cool things and bringing us away from stale mods with intrusive and irritating mechanics like IC2.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
1bh6.jpg

But comparators and hoppers were nice in vanilla. Lots of new GT toys. BC having leaky pipes - Oh, that ones always been here.

Reactions: whizzball1

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Um... Why do you store energy, first of all? For me, any storage is more like a buffer that allows short bursts of output power (for example to power Greg's grinders)
Most high-end power systems produce power constantly, and your power usage is not a constant. I agree with power items, such as armor and tools.

And, Mash, I'm not suggesting you to move away from IC2 power. I'm using it a lot too. I'm just saying that conceptually they are almost the same.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Most CERTAINLY Quartz ore, and the blocks it creates. With my texture pack it looks 5000000x better than marble, and actually looks like pillars.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Most CERTAINLY Quartz ore, and the blocks it creates. With my texture pack it looks 5000000x better than marble, and actually looks like pillars.

Literally renaming one texture to a copy of the Quartz texture does the same thing. However the things you can do with the Quartz from the baseline is great.[DOUBLEPOST=1367297609][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um... Why do you store energy, first of all? For me, any storage is more like a buffer that allows short bursts of output power (for example to power Greg's grinders)
Most high-end power systems produce power constantly, and your power usage is not a constant. I agree with power items, such as armor and tools.

I cant tell if youre arguing for or against power buffering..However imo, a good system always has a surpluss of incoming to outgoing power, and therefor you want to have a good buffer array in the grid. A perfect system is always 0 sum, and almost impossible on nearly any scale to maintain

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Literally renaming one texture to a copy of the Quartz texture does the same thing. However the things you can do with the Quartz from the baseline is great.[DOUBLEPOST=1367297609][/DOUBLEPOST]

I cant tell if youre arguing for or against power buffering..However imo, a good system always has a surpluss of incoming to outgoing power, and therefor you want to have a good buffer array in the grid. A perfect system is always 0 sum, and almost impossible on nearly any scale to maintain

I think a LOT of intermediate tier IC2 setups buffer power because the buffer can output power at a huger voltage than they can generate it. Most people can consume MV and HV before they can easily provide it. A similar case is almost always true with MJ. Although FTB Ultimate 1.5.1 will have... *cough* Let's just say there is a new MJ king.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not against power buffering, I just don't need THAT much storage... 3 energy cells are... well, I'd say that it's more than enough for me. For IC storage I have 3 MFSU but that's more for be able to feed 4 IC grinders, Blast Furnace and Electrolyzer simultaneously. Actually even the third MFSU wasn't necessary. Now I moving my ore processing into other pocket dimension and it will have two MFSUs to be able to output 2xHV but only one or two Steam Turbines. This setup will power 2 Induction Furnaces, 4 Grinders and a small AE network. The other reason why I don't need a lot of IC2 storage is the matterfabricator. Why store the energy when you can use it? For me storage is for
1) Buffering to support high-power, but not constantly running devices.
2) Charging tools and armor.

TE storage also can be used as portable power source (maybe not neccessary with tesseracts)

I think a LOT of intermediate tier IC2 setups buffer power because the buffer can output power at a huger voltage than they can generate it. Most people can consume MV and HV before they can easily provide it. A similar case is almost always true with MJ. Although FTB Ultimate 1.5.1 will have... *cough* Let's just say there is a new MJ king.
Aww... But I like my boilers...