Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that too, instead of the bar of steam you have a bar of 4 different steam "blocks". I can't take a screenshot right now because our server crashed when I placed a piece of leadstone conduit next to a magmatic dynamo.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah we don't see the Steam bug in any of our testing; it's an inter-mod issue. Basically whichever mod is getting ahold of Steam first is registering a bad icon to it. We're just going along with whatever Steam is registered.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
here is an image of the "bugged" steam "blocks":
Untitled.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Try searching up steam in NEI and seeing which mods' steam matches that.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if this has been mentioned but there is a graphical bug with steam displaying in a dynamo gui. it is displayed as gray squares instead of a "fluid". this is from the current version in the DW20 1.6.4 pack.

I also have this bug. It shows different stuff - not steam graphics.

Also in Direwolf pack 1.03 & 1.04 there are crashes every time when i try to look into magmatic dynamo.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
the only steam that comes up is railcraft and it is displayed as it should be (a "fluid"-like icon) and not how it is shown in the screen shot i posted.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Don't get me wrong, I love TE and hope to utilize it as much as possible in future play, but with the latest update (DireWolf pack), very little seems to be working.

Energy conduits- all looks pretty good except the new leadstones are handling any throughput you throw at them, no need to upgrade those I guess.

Fluid conduits - They were working fine. Now they put out pseudo connections to adjacent fluiducts (running water, biomass and ethanol in intertwining lines) that make full connections when the chunk reloads. Coming back to lines filled with nothing but water. So they all must come down, be re-servoed and activated. Carefully set up, because you can't click to place or wrench a connection side as active/inactive anymore, all while your energy production is down. So we spend 20 minutes of every 30 manually making sure our automation works. Fun!

Item ducts- Wow some buggered up stuff there. Filters used to work fine, now I can't find any pattern that makes sense. The furnaces actually work decent, they are continuing to pack in willow wood and not rubber wood, but only after seeding the furnace with a piece of willow, if left empty it packs anything it wants in there (this is with willow wood white listed, meta data on, ore dict off, NBT off). Kinda like not using a filter eh? Whats really screwy is the sapling filter running into the fermenter and/or hopper. Its set to whitelist willow. Here comes some willow, lets see- we got willows in there and we got some room, but there goes the willows back where they came from. Sometimes it actually works though, but not nearly enough to keep up with demand or often enough to call it anything but random. I tried all 16 combinations of that thing. Part of it is my inability to understand the filter itself. Does it filter as you see it or do you click to get the filter that's stated (states whitelist- is that on or do you click it to get the whitelist on but then it states blacklist)? At least the little red cross out sign agrees with the wording this time...doesn't it? Metadata *.#, where * is a sapling and # is a type of sapling? I want this on right? Wait is that click to be on or as stated following a click on the one I want? NBT- I really don't see what the Nevada Ballet Theatre has to do with this but I click it once in awhile just to check. Ore dictionary- I want this 'off' for my willow case right, otherwise a sapling is just a sapling? Not that it tries to bring up any other saplings anyway, just asking.

I also have the odd steam thing, ugly little blocks jerking up and down in SSP.

The one cool thing about the update is the free creative storage tanks you get from moving any reinforced tanks. Sweet! Infinite lava! Maybe I should try some resonant ender in there, but I've been way to busy manually managing my automation.

TL;DR - I got into a bad pot of coffee this morning.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Put multiblock slabs between the fluidducts to stop them rejoining.

Not sure which version DW20 has, but 9e everything is working as expected with ducts and filters. First version in 9 that didn't cause me issues.

No issues with the steam blocks in my mod pack.

Can't comment on leadstone conduits, my energy production consists of one single steam dynamo...

mrbruce300

Jul 29, 2019
Just got Direwolf20 pack to 1.04 and when I went to check my pulverizer and redstone furnace after doing some work and they where shut down. Checked the redstone conduits and none of them are connecting to each other. Same with my fluiducts there separate blocks not connected and there nothing flowing through them. Tried to remove and replace them and same thing happens. Anything I can do to fix this? Basically it's shutting down my base at the moment.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Just got Direwolf20 pack to 1.04 and when I went to check my pulverizer and redstone furnace after doing some work and they where shut down. Checked the redstone conduits and none of them are connecting to each other. Same with my fluiducts there separate blocks not connected and there nothing flowing through them. Tried to remove and replace them and same thing happens. Anything I can do to fix this? Basically it's shutting down my base at the moment.

Run them through a crafting grid. FMP support was added in.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Put multiblock slabs between the fluidducts to stop them rejoining.

Not sure which version DW20 has, but 9e everything is working as expected with ducts and filters. First version in 9 that didn't cause me issues.

No issues with the steam blocks in my mod pack.

Can't comment on leadstone conduits, my energy production consists of one single steam dynamo...

Interesting...my problems started with 9e.
I can see microblocks in the NEI but they have no recipes associated with them. But the thing is I shouldn't have to resort to something like this as previously you could wrench a side to prevent communication. Now they just kind of grow together given time.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I love TE and hope to utilize it as much as possible in future play, but with the latest update (DireWolf pack), very little seems to be working.

Energy conduits- all looks pretty good except the new leadstones are handling any throughput you throw at them, no need to upgrade those I guess.

Fluid conduits - They were working fine. Now they put out pseudo connections to adjacent fluiducts (running water, biomass and ethanol in intertwining lines) that make full connections when the chunk reloads. Coming back to lines filled with nothing but water. So they all must come down, be re-servoed and activated. Carefully set up, because you can't click to place or wrench a connection side as active/inactive anymore, all while your energy production is down. So we spend 20 minutes of every 30 manually making sure our automation works. Fun!

Item ducts- Wow some buggered up stuff there. Filters used to work fine, now I can't find any pattern that makes sense. The furnaces actually work decent, they are continuing to pack in willow wood and not rubber wood, but only after seeding the furnace with a piece of willow, if left empty it packs anything it wants in there (this is with willow wood white listed, meta data on, ore dict off, NBT off). Kinda like not using a filter eh? Whats really screwy is the sapling filter running into the fermenter and/or hopper. Its set to whitelist willow. Here comes some willow, lets see- we got willows in there and we got some room, but there goes the willows back where they came from. Sometimes it actually works though, but not nearly enough to keep up with demand or often enough to call it anything but random. I tried all 16 combinations of that thing. Part of it is my inability to understand the filter itself. Does it filter as you see it or do you click to get the filter that's stated (states whitelist- is that on or do you click it to get the whitelist on but then it states blacklist)? At least the little red cross out sign agrees with the wording this time...doesn't it? Metadata *.#, where * is a sapling and # is a type of sapling? I want this on right? Wait is that click to be on or as stated following a click on the one I want? NBT- I really don't see what the Nevada Ballet Theatre has to do with this but I click it once in awhile just to check. Ore dictionary- I want this 'off' for my willow case right, otherwise a sapling is just a sapling? Not that it tries to bring up any other saplings anyway, just asking.

I also have the odd steam thing, ugly little blocks jerking up and down in SSP.

The one cool thing about the update is the free creative storage tanks you get from moving any reinforced tanks. Sweet! Infinite lava! Maybe I should try some resonant ender in there, but I've been way to busy manually managing my automation.

TL;DR - I got into a bad pot of coffee this morning.

There's an issue with grid formation in a couple of cases which frankly account for just about everything you're talking about here. You'll notice if you reload the chunk in any way, they are fixed.

Use covers to prevent conduits from connecting - the wrench thing was a horrible kludge.

Itemducts are fine. Filters work without issue.

b10 will handle the grid thing and a couple minor outstanding issues, but it is by and large extremely stable and usable.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I love the new Omniwrench it is a fantastic tool and actually has a function I wasn't expecting in regards to interaction with EnderIO it works just like the Yetta wrench in that it makes all conduit covers clear when held in hand, not sure if that is on your end or on Crazypants end but whoever made sure that works thanks. Also love the fact it works as shears since shears seem to be an often overlooked tool unless you run IC2 and use the chainsaw.

TE is getting better with each version the only thing I'm missing which still makes me want to install IC2 is upgrades but not necessarily for all machines, even if it was just an upgrade\new version of the base redstone furnace that would smelt with close to the speed of the induction furnace. I recently rebuilt my entire auto processing line to utilise 2 Infernal Furnaces simply for the speed of smelting (I have 5 pulverisers and a SAG mill for initial processing) the other reason for this was AE auto-crafting seems to have a small issue where it will stop crafting if it waits too long for an output and the redstone furnace was too slow, the Infernals work. Yeah bit odd that I am making processor assemblies in a blaze powered "evil" magic burning furnace but that's modded minecraft for you I guess.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
There's an issue with grid formation in a couple of cases which frankly account for just about everything you're talking about here. You'll notice if you reload the chunk in any way, they are fixed.

Use covers to prevent conduits from connecting - the wrench thing was a horrible kludge.

Itemducts are fine. Filters work without issue.

b10 will handle the grid thing and a couple minor outstanding issues, but it is by and large extremely stable and usable.

Great! Eagerly awaiting version b10.
I was beginning to think I had a download that was horribly corrupt, somewhat like my coffee...