Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I'll be bugging CovertJaguar again. It's easily worked around, with all the different pipes to select from so I'm not personally all that worried about it.

The system in question that wasn't behaving as intended involved a basic logistics pipe and, a single Tesseract. I like to use them to feed directly into a logistics network as it's several times faster then an extraction module/quicksort module. This also insures that no matter the speed/number of quarries, items will make it to their destination and, never clog a chest.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8TiaskL.png

Oddly enough, if I set the Tesseract to send items, the pipe will connect. It's only when set to receive items that the pipe refuses to connect. I wonder what will happen if I set it to both send/receive. If things don't go shooting out of the pipes, I will be very happy.

Edit: Test successful, if set to both send/receive it behaves as intended.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
After reading your post I decided to simply use itemducts to extract from the Tesseract and, from a quarry only to discover that the quarry refuses to pump into the itemducts. It's a good thing I had the foresight to run the quarry at a slow speed while testing.

Quarry --> Chest --> Itemduct --> Tesseract

- or -

Quarry --> Ender Chest

While I love and have always loved Tesseracts, Ender Chests have the "vanilla chest" aspect going for it. Ender Chests are pretty much universal.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use them to feed directly into a logistics network as it's several times faster then an extraction module/quicksort module.

Are you exceeding the capacity of ME Precision Import Buses ?

I've done some big builds, and I've yet to overrun a single Ender Chest with a single Prec. Imp. Bus into my AE system. If I *did*, I could throw more Prec. Imp. Buses on the chest. It sounds you're using the Tesseract --> ME Interface solution, but as discussed in this thread, not all mods work (well) with feeding into the Tesseract.

Ender Chests are somewhat boring, yes, but they have the vanilla chest API (I believe) going for it.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I started running drastically low on Quartz if you can believe it, all storage cells no buses (bit of an oversight on my part). The solution, finally set up some automated mining. I already had a few Tesseracts laying around that it'd been using with some turtles so why not aim for the cheapest solution. This is the setup with the Tesseract set to send/receive mode all working as intended: http://i.imgur.com/PDbvykH.png

Edit: Speaking of my Quarry, this setup no longer works: http://i.imgur.com/tjaWQG2.png
Looping conduits appears to generate a power loop that prevents RF from getting to the energy cell. I think KingLemming is already aware of this one though.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
King L, I updated to version 9e, and the filters are now behaving as they should do on whitelist mode. No problems noticed (yet).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
So far my custom worldgen seems to be working well.

However, it seems it is only retrogenning actively loaded chunks. That means for the far largest part of my world, this will happen at runtime, while people are playing.

Is there a way - like a command or similar - with which I can force the retrogen to run through every chunk that exists in the map in one go? Then I could do it while nobody is online.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.6.4, 1.0.4 version.

Crash on right-clicking compression dynamo. Fluiduct on one side bringing in water, fluiduct on another side bringing in nothing at the moment, leadstone conduit connecting to a refinery.

Dynamo GUI comes up, then minecraft crashes.

http://pastebin.com/uFmneUwi

Update: I broke the dynamo, placed it by itself, checked inventory, no problem.

Removed fluiduct and connected it to refinery via leadstone conduit, crash returns on check of inventory.

Update2: If nothing is connected to it, it doesn't crash. Connect fluiduct or leadstone conduit and check the inventory it does crash.

Last edited:

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Good thing I didn't update yet, I still have the b9a version (we started the server in DW20 1.6.4 V1.03 but I've read that we would need to break some conduits so I updated to b9a before starting the server, not sure if we can have crash there but I've seen no problems so far... But I will probably have to do a few bug reports, I know when I say something works fine, the next thing I know I get a crash or bugs start happening anyway...

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• grid.png
    grid.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 124

JAA77

Jul 29, 2019
with the new horizons update even with putting the fluiduct into the crafting table like it says i wont trans port the fluiduct from a lava drum from extra utilities through a fluiduct from thermal expansion

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
with the new horizons update even with putting the fluiduct into the crafting table like it says i wont trans port the fluiduct from a lava drum from extra utilities through a fluiduct from thermal expansion
Are you putting the fluiduct on the bottom of the barrel and is it in extract mode (with redstone)?

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Fluiduct on bottom of drum. By default, ducts are now set to redstone high to activate so either ..

1. Apply redstone (lever, etc).
  2. Install pneumatic servo (right click it on the duct), configure redstone settings there.

Reactions: PierceSG

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I'll be bugging CovertJaguar again. It's easily worked around, with all the different pipes to select from so I'm not personally all that worried about it.

The system in question that wasn't behaving as intended involved a basic logistics pipe and, a single Tesseract. I like to use them to feed directly into a logistics network as it's several times faster then an extraction module/quicksort module. This also insures that no matter the speed/number of quarries, items will make it to their destination and, never clog a chest.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8TiaskL.png

Oddly enough, if I set the Tesseract to send items, the pipe will connect. It's only when set to receive items that the pipe refuses to connect. I wonder what will happen if I set it to both send/receive. If things don't go shooting out of the pipes, I will be very happy.

Edit: Test successful, if set to both send/receive it behaves as intended.

After thinking about it, I have an alternate way of handling this. :) Should work properly with pipes now on Send or Receive!

DW20 1.6.4, 1.0.4 version.

Crash on right-clicking compression dynamo. Fluiduct on one side bringing in water, fluiduct on another side bringing in nothing at the moment, leadstone conduit connecting to a refinery.

Dynamo GUI comes up, then minecraft crashes.

http://pastebin.com/uFmneUwi

Update: I broke the dynamo, placed it by itself, checked inventory, no problem.

Removed fluiduct and connected it to refinery via leadstone conduit, crash returns on check of inventory.

Update2: If nothing is connected to it, it doesn't crash. Connect fluiduct or leadstone conduit and check the inventory it does crash.

This is caused by a Forge bug + Tile entity remnant issues - the new version of Forge will fix this. cpw especially built a new one just to fix this issue.

Fluiducts no longer extract by *default*, you need to either apply a redstone signal or a pneumatic servo and change the settings.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
had a bit of a weird issue in my test world... I had a diamond chest with mob drops, where I used the itemducts to pull out the drops, and move them into a storage system. the storage system had an advanced filing cabinet first, to hold all the items and equipment that do not stack, and the rest were JABBA barrels with another diamond chest on the end. what happened was that some bows kept going past the filing cabinet into 1 barrel where they stacked, though the filing cabinet should've been their first directory to go to. if I took the bows out of the barrel and put them back in the beginning diamond chest, it happened again. it also didn't helped if I broke that specific barrel, and tried again, it just went onto the next barrel. and it wasn't like the cabinet couldn't hold the bows, because if I manually inserted them, it worked.

when I took out the itemducts and replied them with Extra Utilities pipes, the problem was solved and everything got sorted properly...

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
had a bit of a weird issue in my test world... I had a diamond chest with mob drops, where I used the itemducts to pull out the drops, and move them into a storage system. the storage system had an advanced filing cabinet first, to hold all the items and equipment that do not stack, and the rest were JABBA barrels with another diamond chest on the end. what happened was that some bows kept going past the filing cabinet into 1 barrel where they stacked, though the filing cabinet should've been their first directory to go to. if I took the bows out of the barrel and put them back in the beginning diamond chest, it happened again. it also didn't helped if I broke that specific barrel, and tried again, it just went onto the next barrel. and it wasn't like the cabinet couldn't hold the bows, because if I manually inserted them, it worked.

when I took out the itemducts and replied them with Extra Utilities pipes, the problem was solved and everything got sorted properly...

Some bows, or all bows? I'd be interested to see some screenshots here.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if this has been mentioned but there is a graphical bug with steam displaying in a dynamo gui. it is displayed as gray squares instead of a "fluid". this is from the current version in the DW20 1.6.4 pack.

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if this has been mentioned but there is a graphical bug with steam displaying in a dynamo gui. it is displayed as gray squares instead of a "fluid". this is from the current version in the DW20 1.6.4 pack.
Screenshot please? You might have found a bug, but the steam sprite is a pretty solid grey.