Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I'm not the only one who had that filter issue. I like to post here first just to make sure I'm not going crazy. The setup in 8 worked, in 9a it didn't. Need to update further though now that it's on d! Hopefully filter stuff works.
KL & team, could you post here about any version changes, like other people, I use this topic to track the progress.

Will see what I can do. Trying not to keep a changelog for beta to be honest, just having the wiki guys update what is going on. We're nearing the end of beta though. :p

Just put the 9d version in and the issue is gone, somehow some of the buttons themselves had become reversed so it was displaying whitelist when actually set to blacklist but not on every duct, bit odd that. I'm certain that I set those particular ducts to whitelist previously and after updating they were definitely set to blacklist the items I wanted them to take. I have no odd rendering mods or anything I can think of that may screw with that, guess it's just one of those things. Working fine now, so you fix problems you weren't even aware of :D

(and I am now setting up the autobackup from the Servertools mod so I don't do my typical thing and forget lol)

Hrm. I did tweak a few things that were happening on a really base level; apparently AE and Ender IO had some intermod issues that were causing a lot of GUI sync problems. This may have been one of them. Didn't touch filters directly though. Either way, glad it's working.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Sweet @WTFFFS I'll give my setup a go tonight and see what happens. Fingers crossed a tree farm producing charcoal to power dynamos, with raw materials and overflow going to the correct locations.
Really need to get the ducts that allow you to see the items, miss not seeing things whizzing around.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody able to assist with my understanding of this function? :)

Question pertaining ore (retro-)generation.

I want to add a mod to an existing world. That mod can make do mostly with the existing mod ores, but has one custom ore that it cannot do without. So far, my world is just using the normal worldgen configuration in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg, and nothing in the advanced WorldCustomGen.txt.

If I understood this correctly, I first need to specify a template in WorldCustomGen.txt, then set B:AllowCustomGeneration=true in CoFHWorld.cfg, so that the template is then imported into CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg on the next client start? Or do I need to manually add a section in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg that matches the template? And then I need to set B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=true in CoFHWorld.cfg, make sure that no other ore in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg also retrogens, load the world once, then quit again and set it back to false, yes?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The world-gen config is always updated based on the content of the .txt file. I don't know if it's a bug or something I don't understand, but when I define False to world retro-gen in the txt file, it always ends up as True in the cfg file.

I think the retro-gen on/off will automatically switch back to False in the config once the Retrogen has been done.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. Good that it is auto-populated, but I'll keep an eye on the retrogen setting.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not able to ay much with holiday stuff going on, but i saw this on the reddit and it made me want to try bees again.
qsPmRiI.png

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention how much cheaper it is that having to use a diamond/apiarist pipe for something like that early on. I may actually do bees by myself for the first time. Hopefully Binnie's mods get sorted out before Monster comes out.

On the topic of TE/CofH mods, Redstone Arsenal looks interesting. TE hasn't really had that much endgame stuff (although the new resonant tier is great), so I'm curious what else we'll see in there. I wonder if there'll be something that makes me switch from TiC tools (which I've already been using with flux capacitors anyway).

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Wow, 60 pages on this, I'm extremely sorry if this was asked before but I need to know if I can store other sources than RF in the new cells, plans on running a railcraft steam boiler but if I can't store the energy produced in anything because it produces MJ, I'm done with this awesome mod, now with the new cells that are more awesome than ever, we wouldn't be able to store anything else than RF in it ???

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can anyone confirm my findings, as it seems Whitelist is not working, it's behaving as a Blacklist (Blacklist works fine)

Using Ascii art:

^----|-----V
C....C.....C

^ = source chest of materials
| = General chest, first valid destination
V = Vacuum destination, filtered to accept only Rubber Tree Logs

Place an Oak Log and a Rubber Tree log into the source chest, the Rubber Tree Log ends up in the first chest, Oak Log in the Last chest. This happens on both Whitelist and Blacklist modes.

@Dodge34 TE has an engine (Dynamo) that can accept steam, so you can pipe your steam from your boiler to the Dynamo to produce RF. Boilers don't produce MJ, they produce Steam. What you pump that steam into determines what power you generate.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Can anyone confirm my findings, as it seems Whitelist is not working, it's behaving as a Blacklist (Blacklist works fine)

Using Ascii art:

^----|-----V
C....C.....C

^ = source chest of materials
| = General chest, first valid destination
V = Vacuum destination, filtered to accept only Rubber Tree Logs

Place an Oak Log and a Rubber Tree log into the source chest, the Rubber Tree Log ends up in the first chest, Oak Log in the Last chest. This happens on both Whitelist and Blacklist modes.

@Dodge34 TE has an engine (Dynamo) that can accept steam, so you can pipe your steam from your boiler to the Dynamo to produce RF. Boilers don't produce MJ, they produce Steam. What you pump that steam into determines what power you generate.

Thanks a lot, I'm still new to that whole system, we're just starting a new world on my family private server and most of the stuff I knew about TE is now obsolete...

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, 60 pages on this, I'm extremely sorry if this was asked before but I need to know if I can store other sources than RF in the new cells, plans on running a railcraft steam boiler but if I can't store the energy produced in anything because it produces MJ, I'm done with this awesome mod, now with the new cells that are more awesome than ever, we wouldn't be able to store anything else than RF in it ???
The new Energy Cubes in TE3 only accept RF. However the Steam Dynamos can use steam from a Railcraft or Factorization Steam boiler to produce RF.

Edit: Nija'ed

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
There is another tier of energy cells. In TE2, the top tier (and only) Energy Cell could store 600,000 MJ. The top TE3 Energy Cell can store 50M RF, which is the equivalent of 5M MJ. In other words, it's equivalent to roughly eight(8) TE2 Energy Cells.

As for storing MJ power, it's hard to beat Ender IO's capacitors. Each block is 250K MJ and you can connect as many blocks as you want, in whatever shape you like. A 2x2x5 = 20-block capacitor "bank" would store 20 x 250K = 5M MJ.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

I'm trying to do filtering with the itemducts in the Direwolf20 pack and I can't seem to make the servos attach to them. DW20 pack is currently running b8, is filtering not in that version?

It's not clear from the website.

Thanks.

Nappa231

Jul 29, 2019
So i am trying to use a fluiduct to provide steam to a line of steam dynamos and for some reason none of the Dynamos are filling with steam or running? I was using EnderIO conduits but for some reason they werent able to provide enough steam and my dynamos were choking even though the boiler is a 36HP boiler with only 18 dynamos attached. Here are a couple of images of my setup.

2013-12-16_191408_zps3ff6a3a7.png

2013-12-16_192234_zpse1bd96c4.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1387247669][/DOUBLEPOST]
Question:

I'm trying to do filtering with the itemducts in the Direwolf20 pack and I can't seem to make the servos attach to them. DW20 pack is currently running b8, is filtering not in that version?

Thanks.

B8 didnt need servos. Just right click on where the pipe attaches to a machine/chest with an empty hand and you can get the GUI

Last edited:

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

Stores RF, but output via a conduit automatically converts for MJ consumers

Nappa231

Jul 29, 2019
I have also noticed that item ducts seem to no longer get "stuffed" i have items bouncing back and fourth between a chest and a machine with no room in the machine and no room in the chest. Well there is room in the output slot of the redstone furnace but no room in the chest. Usually it would stuff and turn off the duct until there was room in the chest and then it would send more. Now the duct is filling up like BC pipes but without any ejection.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

Thanks.
b8 doesn't need servos just click with an empty hand on the connection not the pipe itself, b9 is the change to needing servos for the filtering functionality.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Although the Whitelist filtering system seem so to broken. Can anyone reading this confirm? Behaving as Blacklist, as my post #1191