Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Terrain Smasher supposed to destroy what it smashes if there is no inventory behind it? I just wrenched mine twice, and it smashed the chest it was outputting into and I lost a bit of redstone.

It holds the items in a buffer. Put something down where it can eject into it and you should get the items out.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Could I just triple check something regarding the filters?

If I put a TE copper ingot into the filter on whitelist, but tell it to ignore meta data, the filter would then accept any TE ingot since the ID number before the colon is the same? Currently have more ingots then filter space, but if the filter works that way, I can make space in the filter.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
With the recent crash reports about the magmatic Dynamo, I fear of crafting one at the moment, was planning my classic lava power from the Nether trick, just want to know when it will be fixed and is the lava nerfed in TE and I'm trying to do something that won't ever produce any power...

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Magmatics working fine here. Just stay away from MFFS for a bit, unless you like seeing your red cell lose 10mill in an instant with nothing getting to the capacitor...

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Magmatics working fine here. Just stay away from MFFS for a bit, unless you like seeing your red cell lose 10mill in an instant with nothing getting to the capacitor...

Thanks for the warning, but I' ve never used the MFFS version that is in the DW20 pack at the moment, will have to find tutorials about it later, its not for right now, since I'm playing on a private family only server, so no griefing to prevent or be worried off...

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Could I just triple check something regarding the filters?

If I put a TE copper ingot into the filter on whitelist, but tell it to ignore meta data, the filter would then accept any TE ingot since the ID number before the colon is the same? Currently have more ingots then filter space, but if the filter works that way, I can make space in the filter.

Yes.

With the recent crash reports about the magmatic Dynamo, I fear of crafting one at the moment, was planning my classic lava power from the Nether trick, just want to know when it will be fixed and is the lava nerfed in TE and I'm trying to do something that won't ever produce any power...

The dynamo has 0 crash issues. It's the railcraft heat block. Disable it in the railcraft.cfg and that's it. End of story. b11 is going to fix the standing bugs; the only serious one is wrenching a stuffed itemduct causes a crash.

99.5% of every bug report we are getting now is caused by the heat block. Disable it immediately.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a Heat block or a Hidden Block, cause in the latest config of railcraft that I've checked in the 1.06 pack of Direwolf20 the hidden block is already set to 0 or o, will have to check for a Heat Block if needed... in 1.5.2 with 20 Magmatic Engines I was producing 80MJ/t how many Magmatic Dynamo would be needed to get the same results now, my main problem at the moment is powering the Binnie Bee's stuff that require a huge lot of MJ (Isolator, synthetiser, Innoculator and such...), some machines even need 200MJ/t to run a single time, theses machines do a fantastic work with bees, but now they are a hell lot harder to power since the energy cells won't accept MJ anymore its a challenge to find something reliable that would keep the machines running 24h/24 (chunloaded on a server)

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Yes - Block.Hidden. And it should be set to 0 (zero), not o.

Dynamos are 80 RF/t now. So you'd need 10 dynamos for 80 MJ/t.

You can use dynamos to generate, then cells to store that, and conduits to convert to MJ.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answer, now if I understand the conversion ratio is 10 for 1, not bad at all, just hope that 1 ender-thermic pump will do the job like it did with my 20 Magmatic Engines, I keep a small buildcraft tank with a bunch of lava to make sure they don't run out of lava quickly...

Nappa231

Jul 29, 2019
I've found 2 issues since i upgraded to B10. Old fluiducts that i had connected between aqueous accumulators and a steel tank from RC are invisible and unbreakable. I cant walk through the block that they were taking up or place any block in that spot or next to that spot but i also cant destroy what is there. Another issue I'm having is if i try to use itemducts to transport anything out of a resonant strong box my whole world crashes. I used to be able to hook one of these up after mining and have it pump all the ore out into designated furnaces via a itemduct network I've set up. It seems now the world is unrecoverable as every time i try to load it i get a crash. I'm going to try again after a reboot and see if maybe java was messed up.

edit: After rebooting i was able to get into the world again only to have it crash as soon as i tried to shift+right click to pick up the strongbox.

Last edited:

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Blizzes are in? does that mean uses for Cryotheum are coming?

(And it's kinda funny that they are hostile toward blazes :))

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I've found 2 issues since i upgraded to B10. Old fluiducts that i had connected between aqueous accumulators and a steel tank from RC are invisible and unbreakable. I cant walk through the block that they were taking up or place any block in that spot or next to that spot but i also cant destroy what is there. Another issue I'm having is if i try to use itemducts to transport anything out of a resonant strong box my whole world crashes. I used to be able to hook one of these up after mining and have it pump all the ore out into designated furnaces via a itemduct network I've set up. It seems now the world is unrecoverable as every time i try to load it i get a crash. I'm going to try again after a reboot and see if maybe java was messed up.

edit: After rebooting i was able to get into the world again only to have it crash as soon as i tried to shift+right click to pick up the strongbox.
go to MC edit and delete the missing ducts

Reactions: Nappa231

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Did you happen to sneak a snow ball throwing blaze mod into the latest release? When I pull up the item id related to its drop I get your materials item id. If you did so happen to add this seasonal mod, I highly approve. I was extremly confused when I saw snowy blaze spawning around my quarry.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Did you happen to sneak a snow ball throwing blaze mod into the latest release? When I pull up the item id related to its drop I get your materials item id. If you did so happen to add this seasonal mod, I highly approve. I was extremly confused when I saw snowy blaze spawning around my quarry.
Afaik their drop ( which becomes cyrotheum) has been planned to be a part of TE since the start KL was just figuring out how to implement it, iirc he was thinking about a flower quite a while ago. Kinda glad that is not the case these are much nicer (and also mean I don't need to go 2k from my base to find them...)

Last edited:

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019
Yes - Block.Hidden. And it should be set to 0 (zero), not o.

Dynamos are 80 RF/t now. So you'd need 10 dynamos for 80 MJ/t.

You can use dynamos to generate, then cells to store that, and conduits to convert to MJ.

If I may ask why can't support for railcraft's hidden block be added? Its a rather desirable feature for those of us who use the trackman's glasses. If I recall correctly Thaumcraft uses fake air blocks too.

Last edited: