Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors mod is now updated to 1.6.4 and outputs RF instead of MJ now. If you want large scale RF energy production, it's another approach instead of a boiler.

I would love to see Big Reactors added to Unleashed, even in a default disabled state. Maintaining 6 full power Laser Drills eats a lot of CPU with the 18 36HP boilers+Steam moving+Steam engines it requires, If I could Just build 2 or 3 large reactors with no moving parts it would be amazing.

Reactions: un worry

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I am quite excited by the idea of the upgraded dynamos that KL has hinted at, and I hope he will also consider adding some upgrades for some of the machines. I love upgrade systems for gear in games, rather then just throwing away old stuff as you get better things.

I would really love some sort of upgraded Powered Furnace that can cook things faster, I imagine by being able to go faster then 20 RF/t, maybe something more like 40-80 RF/t ? Since I run some Arcane Bellows on my vanilla furnaces TE's furnace is oddly the least efficient, in both speed and fuel, way to cook things in my base. I wouldn't mind at all only getting a faster, not more efficient, version. So I hope King Lemming will consider it as a possible upgrade to add, and I think it would make sense within the mod (with the upgrade system for a lot of other things, and you know heating things being a central focus).

Also hope that above is read as suggestive and helpful, rather then pushy, It's KL (and team)'s mod and I'm rather enjoying it so far. :)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I am quite excited by the idea of the upgraded dynamos that KL has hinted at, and I hope he will also consider adding some upgrades for some of the machines. I love upgrade systems for gear in games, rather then just throwing away old stuff as you get better things.

I would really love some sort of upgraded Powered Furnace that can cook things faster, I imagine by being able to go faster then 20 RF/t, maybe something more like 40-80 RF/t ? Since I run some Arcane Bellows on my vanilla furnaces TE's furnace is oddly the least efficient, in both speed and fuel, way to cook things in my base. I wouldn't mind at all only getting a faster, not more efficient, version. So I hope King Lemming will consider it as a possible upgrade to add, and I think it would make sense within the mod (with the upgrade system for a lot of other things, and you know heating things being a central focus).

Also hope that above is read as suggestive and helpful, rather then pushy, It's KL (and team)'s mod and I'm rather enjoying it so far. :)
I do believe machine upgrades are a planned feature.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

Now with RF tools & arsenal

5FPSU.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You mean unicorn shit? Everyone knows TE3 is unicorn shit combined with rainbows to make good performance and features.

Now now lets not get discussing. Its' only made with distilled unicorn urine. Why else would it be that color. :D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Are they made out of Electrum?
Most likely. I don't have access to this version of TE but it looks very interesting.

Additions like these make me feel that lightweight packs can really be feasible without missing out on much at all.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely. I don't have access to this version of TE but it looks very interesting.

Additions like these make me feel that lightweight packs can really be feasible without missing out on much at all.

I'm hurt.. no one has faith in the Lite pack :(

Reactions: Flipz

zacseow

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, just a suggestion for you, maybe add tiered machines as well, because I feel that the redstone furnace and pulverizer are too slow to keep up with a quarry

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, just a suggestion for you, maybe add tiered machines as well, because I feel that the redstone furnace and pulverizer are too slow to keep up with a quarry
You can keep up even with Quarries+ using multiple pulverizes & furnaces, use the round robin feature of the Itemduct's. Having and expandable setup is always a plus ;)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
One Induction Smelter can keep up with (theoretically) five Pulverizers. So that's one each pulverizer for Copper, Tin, Iron, Silver, and Lead. Gold doesn't give bonus ores by pulverizing, so they can just go straight in the smelter.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
This has been answered several times in the thread; they are already a planned feature.