Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
"Shift-kick"
like this?
ukrainian_kozak_dancer.gif

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
"Shift-kick the portable tank to pick it up without losing its contents."
"Don't you mean shift-click?"
"No, I meant what I said."
well, in Soviet Russia, hitting a TV was a legit way to get it working properly. and it`s not a joke.

Darius Gemini

Jul 29, 2019
well, in Soviet Russia, hitting a TV was a legit way to get it working properly. and it`s not a joke.

That's one of the oldest and most successful ways of getting ANYTHING to work, ANYWHERE.
Fan isn't working/making a racket? Hit it.
Refrigerator out? Hit it.

;-)

*Removed comment about abuse.* - Lawbroken

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dtech100

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
As entertaining as y'all's wrench fixation is, I, for one, am still waiting for someone to make a mod that uses a Flux Capacitor crafted together with a minecart to make a time machine. :p It would be the perfect excuse to add in a prehistoric dimension...

Reactions: Anubis

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
aww... I noticed on the new TE beta you removed Tinker's construct recipes... hmm so does that mean he induction smelter migt be too OP if you can gain 3 cobalt and ardite ingot from 1 ore with cinnabar?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
As entertaining as y'all's wrench fixation is, I, for one, am still waiting for someone to make a mod that uses a Flux Capacitor crafted together with a minecart to make a time machine. :p It would be the perfect excuse to add in a prehistoric dimension...

Would love to have the Portal Gun mod to enable the recipe for crafting the potato portal gun requiring the potato flux capacitor instead of a regular potato if TE is detected. :p

Werenoun

Jul 29, 2019
Great Scott!

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I knew that joke will come out... uhh... Steve's carts? anyone LOL adding a flux capacitor makes the cart go faster now... with resonant induction for them lightning effects? or just have something that makes lighting... thaumcraft...

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
In newest Direwolf video someone said that Tinker's Contruct tools can be powered by Thermal Expansion RF energy. What i need to put on on TC tools to get this upgrade ? Anyone knows ?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, let's see...

88 MPH is approximately 40 m/s (39 and some change, so round up). With the standard one meter cubed block, you would need to be able to accelerate your minecart to moving 40 blocks a second, or two blocks a tic. I don't think even Railcraft's High Speed rails goes that fast, and you'd have problems with chunkloading if you didn't set up the chunkloaders before hand. Hmmm...

Of course, charging it could get quite interesting. 1.21 GW is not easy to come by. This being effectively 1,210 MW.

So, looking at Mekanism (since the base energy unit is the Joule, which is the easiest conversion, since W = J/s). Now then, the Ultimate Energy Cube can store 128 MJ total. Therefore, just storing that much energy would need ten of these Ultimate Energy Cubes. Of course, being 1.21 GW means you'd have to release all that energy in a single second, which I don't think is going to be possible. I mean, it outputs at 480v, so you'd have to have each of these outputting at a mind-staggering 266.6r Kiloamps.

So before we could accomplish this task, we'd need to a) improve our rail system to the point where it can accelerate a steve in a minecraft to 40 m/s, then have a way to somehow discharge that level of energy in one shot to be able to activate it.

It would make an interesting engineering challenge, anyways.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Well, let's see...

88 MPH is approximately 40 m/s (39 and some change, so round up). With the standard one meter cubed block, you would need to be able to accelerate your minecart to moving 40 blocks a second, or two blocks a tic. I don't think even Railcraft's High Speed rails goes that fast, and you'd have problems with chunkloading if you didn't set up the chunkloaders before hand. Hmmm...

Of course, charging it could get quite interesting. 1.21 GW is not easy to come by. This being effectively 1,210 MW.

So, looking at Mekanism (since the base energy unit is the Joule, which is the easiest conversion, since W = J/s). Now then, the Ultimate Energy Cube can store 128 MJ total. Therefore, just storing that much energy would need ten of these Ultimate Energy Cubes. Of course, being 1.21 GW means you'd have to release all that energy in a single second, which I don't think is going to be possible. I mean, it outputs at 480v, so you'd have to have each of these outputting at a mind-staggering 266.6r Kiloamps.

So before we could accomplish this task, we'd need to a) improve our rail system to the point where it can accelerate a steve in a minecraft to 40 m/s, then have a way to somehow discharge that level of energy in one shot to be able to activate it.

It would make an interesting engineering challenge, anyways.

Challenge accepted.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
What about the TF2 Engineer? The guy upgrades A FREAKING TELEPORT SYSTEM BY HITTING IT WITH A WRENCH.

...and repairs it that way, too !![DOUBLEPOST=1385147150][/DOUBLEPOST]
In newest Direwolf video someone said that Tinker's Contruct tools can be powered by Thermal Expansion RF energy. What i need to put on on TC tools to get this upgrade ? Anyone knows ?

Haven't tried it myself, but they may be referring to Energetic Infuser.

Reactions: RedBoss

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Likely a capacitor.