Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently experiencing a pretty nasty crash using Forge MultiPart with Thermal Expansion on a multiplayer server. Due to the nature of the error I'm not certain where the problem actually lies. I've tried to contact various people from Chicken Bone's side of things however, I was ignored entirely.

Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aTmntZ2T

Uninstalling multipart is not an option as several mods currently require it as a dependency. I've also recently uninstalled Immibis Microblocks in an attempt to decrease the number of extra items being loaded into memory. Hell, I'm not even sure if they allow me to separate pipe segments in the same way that multipart does.

The crash occurs without fail the instant anyone attempts to hold a multiblock in their hand, or cut one using a saw. Only the client crashes, the server remains operational.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm currently experiencing a pretty nasty crash using Forge MultiPart with Thermal Expansion on a multiplayer server. Due to the nature of the error I'm not certain where the problem actually lies. I've tried to contact various people from Chicken Bone's side of things however, I was ignored entirely.

Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aTmntZ2T

Uninstalling multipart is not an option as several mods currently require it as a dependency. I've also recently uninstalled Immibis Microblocks in an attempt to decrease the number of extra items being loaded into memory. Hell, I'm not even sure if they allow me to separate pipe segments in the same way that multipart does.

The crash occurs without fail the instant anyone attempts to hold a multiblock in their hand, or cut one using a saw. Only the client crashes, the server remains operational.

TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: gregtech_addon

Could be the problem?

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I have an interesting bug to report. I just upgraded three Hardened Strongboxes to Reinforced Strongboxes, and they lost all of their inventory. This is not what happened when I initially upgraded them from basic Strongboxes into Hardened, they kept everything through the crafting process with no issues.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I have an interesting bug to report. I just upgraded three Hardened Strongboxes to Reinforced Strongboxes, and they lost all of their inventory. This is not what happened when I initially upgraded them from basic Strongboxes into Hardened, they kept everything through the crafting process with no issues.
What version pf TE3 are you running?

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Aqueous Accumulator bugged? It was working fine, then I connected one to a steam boiler and then all of them stopped working. I created a new world, and they were working for a split second, then shortly stopped working again.

They fill up correctly but won't send the liquids over the fluiduct pipes anymore. Didn't seem to be an issue until I added railcraft to my mods, but can't confirm.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Aqueous Accumulator bugged? It was working fine, then I connected one to a steam boiler and then all of them stopped working. I created a new world, and they were working for a split second, then shortly stopped working again.

They fill up correctly but won't send the liquids over the fluiduct pipes anymore. Didn't seem to be an issue until I added railcraft to my mods, but can't confirm.
As of b6 the aqueous accumulators seem to be working fine. There was an issue with them in b3 I beleieve.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: gregtech_addon

Could be the problem?

No. The crash only started to occur after TE was added and, ceases to happen if TE is removed. By process of logical deduction I would have to infer that it has nothing to do with TC. Also: at codechicken.microblock.MicroMaterialRegistry kind of gives it away, no?

The server's been up for three months now with Gregtech installed, let's not make this about what it isn't. Since this is a beta, I would assume that properly reporting bugs is top priority.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
No. The crash only started to occur after TE was added and, ceases to happen if TE is removed. By process of logical deduction I would have to infer that it has nothing to do with TC. Also: at codechicken.microblock.MicroMaterialRegistry kind of gives it away, no?

The server's been up for three months now with Gregtech installed, let's not make this about what it isn't. Since this is a beta, I would assume that properly reporting bugs is top priority.
When using Immibis Microblocks with TE3, you need to add all the conduits to Immibis' blacklist.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

I was merely pointing out something that appeared to be likely to be an error. Don't get so uppity about nothing.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

What crafting table did you upgrade them on the 2nd time? Vanilla Crafting and Machinist's Workbench are going to work. I can't make promises for any other mod. (I know Forestry's doesn't work, for example - that's on their end.)

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I was merely pointing out something that appeared to be likely to be an error. Don't get so uppity about nothing.

Oh I wasn't upset, don't worry. It was just a matter of tactless phrasing on my part. I'm sorry if I come across as confrontational.

When using Immibis Microblocks with TE3, you need to add all the conduits to Immibis' blacklist.

I've uninstalled Immibis Microblocks entierly though, if I can't fix multiparts I may have to re-install it. Still, it'd be nice to gain a better understanding of what's happening. The server's logs report the crash as me leaving the server so, no help there. This is exclusive to Chickenbones' Forge MultiPart when paired up with TE.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've uninstalled Immibis Microblocks entierly though, if I can't fix multiparts I may have to re-install it. Still, it'd be nice to gain a better understanding of what's happening. The server's logs report the crash as me leaving the server so, no help there. This is exclusive to Chickenbones' Forge MultiPart when paired up with TE.

Noticed the mcpc+ on the pastebin. I remember in 1.5.2 it also had some issues with multipart then; have you tried without mcpc+?

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed the mcpc+ on the pastebin. I remember in 1.5.2 it also had some issues with multipart then; have you tried without mcpc+?

I had a lingering suspicion about that with multiparts working in single player mode. I'm going to boot up a standard server on my own machine and, see what happens. The mcpc+ devs aren't very active on their forums so I may be waiting this one out. I can't afford to host the default minecraft server due to it's memory and cpu footprint.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I had a lingering suspicion about that with multiparts working in single player mode. I'm going to boot up a standard server on my own machine and, see what happens. The mcpc+ devs aren't very active on their forums so I may be waiting this one out. I can't afford to host the default minecraft server due to it's memory and cpu footprint.
I would try using some different version of multipart that are compatible with your mod set and see if any work with mcpc+

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
In newest Direwolf video someone said that Tinker's Contruct tools can be powered by Thermal Expansion RF energy. What i need to put on on TC tools to get this upgrade ? Anyone knows ?
remember IC2? well since current IC2 is now being helped with gregT and mDiyo and gregT hasn't really been... what I can say in good terms mDiyo finally decided to ditch IC so instead of using a battery you can use a flux capacitor... however the current stable version of tinker's construct doesnt support this yet so go get the beta build

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
remember IC2? well since current IC2 is now being helped with gregT and mDiyo and gregT hasn't really been... what I can say in good terms mDiyo finally decided to ditch IC so instead of using a battery you can use a flux capacitor... however the current stable version of tinker's construct doesnt support this yet so go get the beta build

I doubt that was the reasoning. Greg is doing nothing beyond bug fixes. IC2 is simply no longer going to be a mainstream mod. TE will be; for the very foreseeable future.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
What crafting table did you upgrade them on the 2nd time? Vanilla Crafting and Machinist's Workbench are going to work. I can't make promises for any other mod. (I know Forestry's doesn't work, for example - that's on their end.)

I'm using 3.0.0.b6 of TE3. I crafted them in the Crafting Station added by TiC.