Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't know. It would depend on how that's handled by the socket.

From everything I have been told, the InventoryTweaks guys handle that. There's not something I hook into to make it happen.

Thanks for the response. I'll go check the thread for InventoryTweaks and try to mention it there.

firez

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of mods that I may need to update that use RF now? I don't like using the new buildcraft energy so I would like to use more RF for stuff if possible. I'm assuming buildcraft quarry's doesn't accept it?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MPS will be fine if you just disable the TE recipes. Happened on my server.

How do you disable the TE recipes in MPS ? I'm getting the same 'Invalid shaped ore recipe' and have the latest MachineMuse MPS, Numina, and slick-util installed from here:

http://build.technicpack.net/view/MachineMuse/job/ModularPowersuits/

...but nothing in the ./config/machinemuse folder has a recipe disable option. Same (or else extremely similar) crash when using TE3/CoFH b2 and b3.

Crash log here : http://pastebin.com/BGQt1uWm

Server is currently running without MPS until I can figure out how to disable this recipe.

Edit : Found the following recipe config option in TE3 and changed it to false, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

ThermalExpansion.cfg
####################
# plugins
####################

plugins {
B:ComputerCraft=true
B:Forestry=true
B:MineFactoryReloaded=true
B:Recipes=false
B:Thaumcraft4=true

Appreciated,
MigukNamja

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How do you disable the TE recipes in MPS ? I'm getting the same 'Invalid shaped ore recipe' and have the latest MachineMuse MPS, Numina, and slick-util installed from here:

http://build.technicpack.net/view/MachineMuse/job/ModularPowersuits/

...but nothing in the ./config/machinemuse folder has a recipe disable option. Same (or else extremely similar) crash when using TE3/CoFH b2 and b3.

Crash log here : http://pastebin.com/BGQt1uWm

Server is currently running without MPS until I can figure out how to disable this recipe.

Edit : Found the following recipe config option in TE3 and changed it to false, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

ThermalExpansion.cfg
####################
# plugins
####################

plugins {
B:ComputerCraft=true
B:Forestry=true
B:MineFactoryReloaded=true
B:Recipes=false
B:Thaumcraft4=true

Appreciated,
MigukNamja
You are looking in the wrong config. You need the MPS config (not sure about the 1.6 config layout), but there should be something like ThermalExpansionRecipes = True and DefaultRecipes = False.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
You are looking in the wrong config. You need the MPS config (not sure about the 1.6 config layout), but there should be something like ThermalExpansionRecipes = True and DefaultRecipes = False.

Yeah, I thought the same, but the MPS configs are bare-bones:

./config/machinemuse/numina.cfg
# Configuration file

####################
# general
####################

general {
B:"Debugging info"=true
B:"Ignore speed boosts for field of view"=true
B:"Use Sounds"=true
}

./config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg
# Configuration file

####################
# block
####################

block {
I:"Lux Capacitor"=2478
I:"Power Armor Tinker Table"=2477
}

####################
# item
####################

item {
I:"Power Armor Component"=24770
I:"Power Armor Feet"=24774
I:"Power Armor Head"=24771
I:"Power Armor Legs"=24773
I:"Power Armor Torso"=24772
I:"Power Tool"=24775
}

Tried forcing your suggested config into numina.cfg and powersuits.cfg, but it didn't work (didn't recognize them). Will now try older version of MPS to see if the configs were there.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Got it to work !!

Gotta love code inspection. Found the key info here:

https://github.com/MachineMuse/Mach...emuse/powersuits/common/ModCompatability.java

snippet of interest:
Code:
    public static boolean ThermalExpansionRecipesEnabled() {
        boolean defaultval = isThermalExpansionLoaded();
        return Config.getConfig().get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "Thermal Expansion Recipes", defaultval).getBoolean(defaultval);
    }

I added this to my ./config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg:
####################
# general
####################

general {
B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=false
}

Client started up great ! I then checked the re-written powersuits.cfg and it greatly expanded: http://pastebin.com/vy5GX6ef

Wow. Not sure if that's an MPS bug or not with the config file, but adding that 1 valid config apparently cause *all* the other configs to be written, which is probably a preInit, Init, postInit Forge kind of thing rather than an MPS bug, per se.

In other words, it might have had to get *past* the recipe loading to read/write the "general" section and other sections in powersuits.cfg.

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help here. Anyone else experiencing crashes when they start their Steam Dynamo up?

My creative world test set-up is a Steam Dynamo to an Energetic Infuser. A creative strongbox with charcoal in it for infinite charcoal with an itemduct connecting the chest to the dynamo, a creative portable tank filled with water with liquiducts linking it to the dynamo. Every single time the dynamo starts working (turns red), Minecraft crashes on me.
Just signed up for pastebin and this is the link.
2013-11-21_07.33.59.png

Last edited:

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm, I am abit confused. I got a single HP boiler providing steam to 3 steam dynamo's with steam. This should provide 120RF/t right? Well the engines all say they provide 40RF/t so they seem to be getting enough steam. Yet, 1 of the redstone furnaces runs at 10RF/t while the pulverizer(connected directly to the leadstone energy cell) runs 30RF/t. The leadstone cell isnt storing energy either. Is there some huge loss going on with these leadstone conduits or? o-O

I would expect the furnace to run at 20RF/t, pulverizer at 40RF/t and the leadstone cell filling up at close to 60 RF/t, minus the time the second furnace runs to smelt the bonus dust. Am I guesing wrong here? :eek: Seems to happen with beta 3 and 5.

Edit: I think its an update issue with the dynamo's RF output. I dont think they are actually getting enough steam even though there power output seems to suggest they do :)

oicrYG5.png

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
What is the RF transfer limit of the leadstone conduits? I do remember pressing shift and seeing a pretty low limit. At double-digits iirc while the redstone energy conduits transfer rf at 5-digits.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm, I am abit confused. I got a single HP boiler providing steam to 3 steam dynamo's with steam. This should provide 120RF/t right? Well the engines all say they provide 40RF/t so they seem to be getting enough steam. Yet, 1 of the redstone furnaces runs at 10RF/t while the pulverizer(connected directly to the leadstone energy cell) runs 30RF/t. The leadstone cell isnt storing energy either. Is there some huge loss going on with these leadstone conduits or? o-O

I would expect the furnace to run at 20RF/t, pulverizer at 40RF/t and the leadstone cell filling up at close to 60 RF/t, minus the time the second furnace runs to smelt the bonus dust. Am I guesing wrong here? :eek: Seems to happen with beta 3 and 5.

Did you try to configure which side of the LEC to output energy?
Also, leadstone conduits only transfer 40rf/t iirc.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help here. Anyone else experiencing crashes when they start their Steam Dynamo up?

My creative world test set-up is a Steam Dynamo to an Energetic Infuser. A creative strongbox with charcoal in it for infinite charcoal with an itemduct connecting the chest to the dynamo, a creative portable tank filled with water with liquiducts linking it to the dynamo. Every single time the dynamo starts working (turns red), Minecraft crashes on me.
Just signed up for pastebin and this is the link.
View attachment 8370

Atomic Science is adding Steam without adding an icon for it. That's on them. In the meantime, you can uninstall it or just don't use Steam Dynamos. Sorry.

Edit: I think its an update issue with the dynamo's RF output. I dont think they are actually getting enough steam even though there power output seems to suggest they do :)

oicrYG5.png

Not sure what's going on here exactly. I won't say your math is entirely right, but it's not too far off.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
another minor note it seems that with optifine magmatic dynamos texture get buggy such that you actually see lava being spliced along with the texture... sadly there is no other way for me to optimize MC without optifine... cause i keep on getting one hell of a frame rate issue

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
How many times does it need to be said: RF will supply any machine that takes MJ.

Actually we better be clear about this - TE's Energy Conduits will supply MJ. Tesseracts, Energy Cells, Dynamos, Flux Capacitors are RF only. I'm not going to promise that Conduits will distribute MJ in the future without conversion either, we'll see.

another minor note it seems that with optifine magmatic dynamos texture get buggy such that you actually see lava being spliced along with the texture... sadly there is no other way for me to optimize MC without optifine... cause i keep on getting one hell of a frame rate issue

Sorry. :( But optifine needs to not do whatever it does with textures. I'll look into shifting the z-layer another unit for you.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
After playing a while, I am pretty sure my favorite feature in all of TE3 is... the battlewrench :D

It's not even about the silliness factor of beating things up with a humongous spanner... it's just such a great improvement in user experience in general. A wrench is usually something you don't keep on your hotbar at all times, yet you still need it often enough that you end up switching it in and out of your inventory/hotbar/tools storage over and over and over. But with the battlewrench replacing the sword in the hotbar, it's always there - and now I always have a wrench at my fingertips without constantly shuffling it around like a redheaded stepchild. Never having to run back to the other room (or the other base!) again because I forgot it. I'm loving it like a McDonald's advert!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
After playing a while, I am pretty sure my favorite feature in all of TE3 is... the battlewrench :D

It's not even about the silliness factor of beating things up with a humongous spanner... it's just such a great improvement in user experience in general. A wrench is usually something you don't keep on your hotbar at all times, yet you still need it often enough that you end up switching it in and out of your inventory/hotbar/tools storage over and over and over. But with the battlewrench replacing the sword in the hotbar, it's always there - and now I always have a wrench at my fingertips without constantly shuffling it around like a redheaded stepchild. Never having to run back to the other room (or the other base!) again because I forgot it. I'm loving it like a McDonald's advert!

now it only needs the ability to dismember mobs of their heads or spin them around like the omnitool ;)

Reactions: SpitefulFox