Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with the new TE and I'm loving everything about it, however I'm trying to figure out what to do with the flux capacitors. I realize that they are a portable power source like a battery however I'm trying to figure out what they can be used for, it doesn't seem like the current TE machines have slots for them for power and they cant be slotted into the energy cubes. I have a few made but I'm not too sure what to do with them. Anyone have any ideas?

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Err, just for the record, what are the default config settings for CoFH world ore gen in 1.6?

(I may have turned down diamonds and ferrous and forgot to document the original)

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with the new TE and I'm loving everything about it, however I'm trying to figure out what to do with the flux capacitors. I realize that they are a portable power source like a battery however I'm trying to figure out what they can be used for, it doesn't seem like the current TE machines have slots for them for power and they cant be slotted into the energy cubes. I have a few made but I'm not too sure what to do with them. Anyone have any ideas?

They go here:
Os7v2mo.png

Reactions: PierceSG

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Err, just for the record, what are the default config settings for CoFH world ore gen in 1.6?

(I may have turned down diamonds and ferrous and forgot to document the original)
Code:
####################
# world
####################

world {
  ####################
  # vanilla
  #===================
  # This section controls generation specifically related to vanilla Minecraft ores. THESE VALUES ARE USED INSTEAD OF STANDARD GENERATION IF REPLACEMENT IS ENABLED.
  ####################

vanilla {
  ####################
  # dirt
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Dirt; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

dirt {
  I:ClusterSize=32
  I:MaxY=128
  I:MinY=0
  I:NumClusters=20
  B:RetroGen=false
  }

####################
  # gravel
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gravel; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 10, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

gravel {
  I:NumClusters=10
  }

####################
  # coal
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Coal; Defaults: ClusterSize = 16, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

coal {
  I:ClusterSize=16
  }

####################
  # iron
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Iron; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 64
  ####################

iron {
  I:ClusterSize=8
  I:MaxY=64
  }

####################
  # gold
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gold; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 0, MaxY = 32
  ####################

gold {
  I:MaxY=32
  I:NumClusters=2
  }

####################
  # redstone
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Redstone; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumCluste7s = 8, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
  ####################

redstone {
  I:ClusterSize=7
  I:MaxY=16
  I:NumClusters=8
  }

####################
  # diamond
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Diamond; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 1, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
  ####################

diamond {
  I:NumClusters=1
  }

####################
  # lapis
  #===================
  # <NORMAL> Generation settings for Lapis; Defaults: ClusterSize = 6, NumClusters = 1, MeanY = 16, MaxVar = 16
  ####################

lapis {
  I:ClusterSize=6
  I:MaxVar=16
  I:MeanY=16
  I:MinY=16
  }

}

Reactions: un worry

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No trouble.

Code:
 ####################
  # thermalexpansion
  ####################

thermalexpansion {
  ####################
  # copper
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Copper; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 8, MinY = 40, MaxY = 75
  ####################

copper {
  I:MaxY=75
  I:MinY=40
  B:RetroGen=true
  }

####################
  # tin
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Tin; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 6, MinY = 20, MaxY = 55
  ####################

tin {
  I:MaxY=55
  I:MinY=20
  I:NumClusters=6
  }

####################
  # silver
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Silver; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 3, MinY = 5, MaxY = 30
  ####################

silver {
  I:MaxY=30
  I:MinY=5
  I:NumClusters=3
  }

####################
  # lead
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Lead; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 4, MinY = 10, MaxY = 35
  ####################

lead {
  I:MaxY=35
  I:MinY=10
  I:NumClusters=4
  }

####################
  # nickel
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Nickel; Defaults: ClusterSize = 4, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 5, MaxY = 20
  ####################

nickel {
  I:ClusterSize=4
  I:MaxY=20
  }

}

Last edited:

shamanProgrammer

Jul 29, 2019
With TE3, I'm hoping for some neat weapons that use RF. Not necessarily from TE3 itself, but yeah, Weaponized florb bullets :^)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Regarding the filter on ducts, and the costs of pipes with this inbuilt powerful filter, I have a suggestion.

Instead of adjusting the recipe to reduce the amount of ducts you get, instead, keep the ducts as normal, but by default they don't have the filter option. Then, have a "duct filter collar" item that you craft which when right clicked on the pipe connection, adds a "thicker" looking collar to the pipe. This is the filter. Code wise it shouldn't be that much extra processing.
The filter recipe then can use Silver as it's primary crafting material, since as mentioned earlier, Silver doesn't get much use in TE.

This adds an extra visual difference to duct systems, and a "balancing" material cost to the power of the filters.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Then, have a "duct filter collar" item that you craft which when right clicked on the pipe connection, adds a "thicker" looking collar to the pipe. This is the filter. Code wise it shouldn't be that much extra processing.
Sounds like a big change to me, and opens up a few questions. Now each duct can have 6 collars, are they removable? Do they pop off if the connection disappears?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
With TE3, I'm hoping for some neat weapons that use RF. Not necessarily from TE3 itself, but yeah, Weaponized florb bullets :^)

Definitely in the works. Florbs have some under the hood changes to make Florb cannons possible.

Regarding the filter on ducts, and the costs of pipes with this inbuilt powerful filter, I have a suggestion.

Instead of adjusting the recipe to reduce the amount of ducts you get, instead, keep the ducts as normal, but by default they don't have the filter option. Then, have a "duct filter collar" item that you craft which when right clicked on the pipe connection, adds a "thicker" looking collar to the pipe. This is the filter. Code wise it shouldn't be that much extra processing.
The filter recipe then can use Silver as it's primary crafting material, since as mentioned earlier, Silver doesn't get much use in TE.

This adds an extra visual difference to duct systems, and a "balancing" material cost to the power of the filters.

Actually recipes are changing to give 8 ducts each. By default, redstone mode is set to high required, and you can't change it until you upgrade the duct. You do so with a pneumatic servo, and it just opens up the GUI. We aren't going to do 6 of them per Itemduct and 1 per Fluiduct sorry - just a bit extreme. ;) Two iron, two glass, and a redstone is probably enough. There may be a visual difference, haven't decided yet.

If an upgraded duct is broken, the servo is returned.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Aren't the defaults always listed in the commented-out headers in the config file?

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually recipes are changing to give 8 ducts each. By default, redstone mode is set to high required, and you can't change it until you upgrade the duct. You do so with a pneumatic servo, and it just opens up the GUI. We aren't going to do 6 of them per Itemduct and 1 per Fluiduct sorry - just a bit extreme. ;) Two iron, two glass, and a redstone is probably enough. There may be a visual difference, haven't decided yet.

So we are back to levers everywhere? :(

Reactions: un worry

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
but having a cobble gen going the problem wlll be redstone but if you have a silk touch and bumped up the rdstone generation you shouldnt have any problems making your first item sorting room
well a simple cobble gen would be
[]=[]
PFPIPC
BBBBBB

where P is a pulverizer
F is a furnace
I is an igneus extruder
C is a cyclic assembler
B for barrels or chests
I should give you
[]==[] is an item duct set to round robin so your cobble stone will not backlog too easily
stone
flint
sand
glass
and stone bricks
and gravel
either powered via magmatic engines (if you have access to lots of lava) or solar generators wind turbines from mekanism[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/I]

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Definitely in the works. Florbs have some under the hood changes to make Florb cannons possible.

Sweet, although you should use silver as part of that recipe. It's the one resource that is overlooked.

Players would need a visual clue that a connecting duct does have some upgrade.

Florb cannons sound fun. Now TE has it's foundation nearly perfected, it's the perfect time for some fun/complex stuff.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet, although you should use silver as part of that recipe. It's the one resource that is overlooked.

Players would need a visual clue that a connecting duct does have some upgrade.

Florb cannons sound fun. Now TE has it's foundation nearly perfected, it's the perfect time for some fun/complex stuff.

Florb cannons sound very very fun considering what is considered a fluid now :D

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hoff,

Here's the contents of my unedited CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg:

Code:
# Configuration file

####################
# world
####################

world {
    ####################
    # vanilla
    #===================
    # This section controls generation specifically related to vanilla Minecraft ores. THESE VALUES ARE USED INSTEAD OF STANDARD GENERATION IF REPLACEMENT IS ENABLED.
    ####################

vanilla {
        ####################
        # dirt
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Dirt; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
        ####################

dirt {
        }

####################
        # gravel
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gravel; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 10, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
        ####################

gravel {
            I:NumClusters=10
        }

####################
        # coal
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Coal; Defaults: ClusterSize = 16, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
        ####################

coal {
            I:ClusterSize=16
        }

####################
        # iron
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Iron; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 64
        ####################

iron {
            I:MaxY=64
        }

####################
        # gold
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gold; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 0, MaxY = 32
        ####################

gold {
            I:MaxY=32
        }

####################
        # redstone
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Redstone; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 8, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
        ####################

redstone {
        }

####################
        # diamond
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Diamond; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 1, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
        ####################

diamond {
        }

####################
        # lapis
        #===================
        # <NORMAL> Generation settings for Lapis; Defaults: ClusterSize = 6, NumClusters = 1, MeanY = 16, MaxVar = 16
        ####################

lapis {
            I:ClusterSize=6
            I:MaxVar=16
            I:MeanY=16
        }

}

####################
    # thermalexpansion
    ####################

thermalexpansion {
        ####################
        # copper
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Copper; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 8, MinY = 40, MaxY = 75
        ####################

copper {
            I:MaxY=75
            I:MinY=40
        }

####################
        # tin
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Tin; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 6, MinY = 20, MaxY = 55
        ####################

tin {
            I:MaxY=55
            I:MinY=20
            I:NumClusters=6
        }

####################
        # silver
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Silver; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 3, MinY = 5, MaxY = 30
        ####################

silver {
            I:MaxY=30
            I:NumClusters=3
        }

####################
        # lead
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Lead; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 4, MinY = 10, MaxY = 35
        ####################

lead {
            I:MaxY=35
            I:MinY=10
            I:NumClusters=4
        }

####################
        # nickel
        #===================
        # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Nickel; Defaults: ClusterSize = 4, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 5, MaxY = 20
        ####################

nickel {
            I:ClusterSize=4
            I:MaxY=20
        }

}

}

Update : My CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg was probably from an early CoFH/TE beta version. I'm now using b8a/b8. I removed my config/cofh directory and restarted the server to force a re-gen from CoFH b8a. I then did a diff. The only change was RetroGen used to be false in older versions and is now true in b8a.

Code:
minecraft@miguknamja:~/forge-1.6.4/config$ diff cofh-old/CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg cofh/CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg
26c26
<             B:RetroGen=false
---
>             B:RetroGen=true
40c40
---
54c54
---