Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
Use Itemducts. There's no need to worry with stopping machines or having anything overflow. That's kind of the point. Also, machines shouldn't be spreading redstone signal. I'll check and make sure, but that does not sound accurate.
The gates sends a strong redstone signal now. It's like placing a lever directly on the machine instead of on a block next to the machine. Same effect. So, not bug in your end as such, I think.

I still prefer the BuildCraft pipes. I feel more in control then. The ItemDuct is a little bit too helpful :p

I might have found a bug with the auto eject on machines. It looks like they don't check if the inventory slot is valid. "isItemValidForSlot". The ItemDuct do, but not the machines.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
Is there any way to keep itemducts from connecting to each other?
Base at this post at mincraft forum thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...expansion-300b7a/page__st__1500#entry26478886 you will get this feature soon)

wdxo.png

Linkitch

Jul 29, 2019
Pipes are weird. Use Itemducts. I'll see about getting this fixed, but since pipes are stupid, allowing them to connect on receive-only means that they'll attempt to send items in, which will basically get voided. I doubt this will be changing, since it's only a visual issue.
The only reason I really want to use Pipes, is because of the Void pipe. Which is invaluable for setting up a quarry. And void Chests just aren't fast enough to keep up.
So since I can't really use that, I don't really have any ideas of what to do.

Linkitch

Jul 29, 2019
Nullifier. That's why we added it. ;)
The more you know.

But something unrelated to Pipes, I'm getting crashes related to Tinkers Construct and Molten Shiny Metal.

I made a world with MystCraft with Molten Shiny Metal in it, went around and gathered it up with buckets and put it in Portable tanks.

But when ever I tried to put the Shiny Metal into a Casting Basin, my game crashes. If I load the game back up and if it's done making the blocks, I can pick them up just fine. But as soon as the Metal starts pouring into the basin, it crashes.

I don't know if this is a problem with Tinker's Construct, or Thermal Expansion.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that doesn't happen to me, I can pour molten shiny metal into a casting basin without any problems. I even set up a redstone clock and hopper so I can just dump a tank full of molten metal in and away it goes.

...and people say Mystcraft isn't OP :p

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me - or do you think the steam and magmatic dynamos should swap textures?

The magmatic is silver (like steam) and the steam dynamo is copper-colored (like lava).

Attachments

• magmatic and steam.jpg
    magmatic and steam.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 103

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me - or do you think the steam and magmatic dynamos should swap textures?

The magmatic is silver (like steam) and the steam dynamo is copper-colored (like lava).
Look at the materials used to make them and you'll understand the coloring. :p

Reactions: RedBoss

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Uh...have you not clicked the extraction part of an itemduct with a bare hand yet?Fluiducts too. Both incredibly powerful, and probably a bit too cheap at this time. Itemduct filters are side-specific btw, Fluiducts not so much.

I don't think we'll be doing a diamond-like pipe thing, since that's already easily achieved with the current filters and a chest.
The item filtering available with the itemducts is seriously powerful, to get the same kind of functionality in a RP2 or BC based sorting system required dedicated machines or requires dedicated pipes and they still don't have the functionality available with these, the meta\ore dict\nbt buttons\whitelist/blacklist buttons are just fantastic. Cost wise they are probably a shade too cheap but in some respects their greatest functionality is only useful to get around some of the restrictions of the game itself. TE is a very much must have mod imo, it just does what it should... elegantly.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
The item filtering available with the itemducts is seriously powerful, to get the same kind of functionality in a RP2 or BC based sorting system required dedicated machines or requires dedicated pipes and they still don't have the functionality available with these, the meta\ore dict\nbt buttons\whitelist/blacklist buttons are just fantastic. Cost wise they are probably a shade too cheap but in some respects their greatest functionality is only useful to get around some of the restrictions of the game itself. TE is a very much must have mod imo, it just does what it should... elegantly.

They are a shade too cheap, yes. We'll be tweaking the mechanics *slightly*, but on the upside, you'll get more conduits for the base recipe. :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
They are a shade too cheap, yes. We'll be tweaking the mechanics *slightly*, but on the upside, you'll get more conduits for the base recipe. :)

Would adding a plugin module to the pipes balance it at all. Something you could plug in to the pipe to assess the interface.
This would allow for a couple of usefull options.
In creative mode you could simply give assess without having to worry about the item. And you could pre-set the item to give a pipe specific settings and copy the item to make setting pipes in mass easier.

Reactions: arthahar

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I might be crazy, but with enderIO's compact 4 "wire/cable/pipe/tube" in 1 block. I personally think that TE's itemducts arent that cheap. Granted, the non hardenend glass recipy's are :p

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Just because mod A prices its items differently doesn't mean that equivalent items from mod B are too expensive (or too cheap). Maybe it's mod A that screwed up the price/performance ratio instead? Both have to be examined.

For me, I think the current price of ducts is quite okay. TE is already one of the cheaper mods in terms of resource investment if you look at the spread of the ecosystem as a whole.