Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What is TiCo? I have tried searching for it but havent been able to find any solid leads that i trust.

I know that feeling there are a lot of abbreviations who's meanings can get lost.
Someone needs to start up a Feed the Beast dictionary. :D

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread there was mention of IC2 compatibility, How do you do that?

I haven't figured out how to do it with my Batbox.. I know the MJ compatability is with the conduits, so I attempted the same thing to connect a conduit to a batbox, but that didn't work. And conduits aren't connecting to the tin cable i plop down either. So does this mean that there's a special way to get them to connect up?

(Had a quick look for change logs, and they didn't mention anything about it, but i wasn't sure I was looking in the right place)

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
The new(ish) ExtraUtilties pipes have a sorting pipe, and when it is attached to a chest it only accepts items that are currently in that chest, otherwise it sends them further down the line.

This is really great for sorting chests that have more than 9 types of items in them. Is there anyway to do this with Itemducts?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The new(ish) ExtraUtilties pipes have a sorting pipe, and when it is attached to a chest it only accepts items that are currently in that chest, otherwise it sends them further down the line.

This is really great for sorting chests that have more than 9 types of items in them. Is there anyway to do this with Itemducts?
No, but you have the option of black listing or white listing items. So while only nine items can be defined, it's possible to sort out more with the way you set-up your duct

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Just grabbed the new beta and, Metallurgy Ores will not pulverize. I'd shoot the developer a message myself but, he has yet to reply to a week old message so it might be something you should look into on your end.

We had a compatibility module. I'll look into bringing it back, but frankly they should be able to do this via IMC. Putting blanket code in to handle all of this stuff is a problem.

Also how does one create recipes for the mechanist workbench? I cant figure it out :(

You put a schematic in the bench. Select it. You put your items in the grid. Then click the button that says "Write Schematic" - that's about it.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
We had a compatibility module. I'll look into bringing it back, but frankly they should be able to do this via IMC. Putting blanket code in to handle all of this stuff is a problem.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've temporarily routed everything though my ic2 automation but, Ore Washing plants are very picky about which dirty ores they'll wash and, not quite as easily packed away as linkable TE machines.

Nappa231

Jul 29, 2019

You put a schematic in the bench. Select it. You put your items in the grid. Then click the button that says "Write Schematic" - that's about it.

Eesh that is simple.. i was using paper lol silly me.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm not sure if this is a bug or perhaps a simple API conflict but, the Crescent Hammer in the most recent beta release no longer works with anything that isn't TE. In previous versions it functioned as a TE/Buildcraft tool and, would also allow me to pop off Universal Cables from Mekanism or wrench up engines from Buildcraft. All I can do now is rotate various non TE blocks.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm not sure if this is a bug or perhaps a simple API conflict but, the Crescent Hammer in the most recent beta release no longer works with anything that isn't TE. In previous versions it functioned as a TE/Buildcraft tool and, would also allow me to pop off Universal Cables from Mekanism or wrench up engines from Buildcraft. All I can do now is rotate various non TE blocks.

Use the Invar BattleWrench for now. The Crescent Hammer does not currently pass sneaking clicks to blocks.

Reactions: Flipz

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Use the Invar BattleWrench for now. The Crescent Hammer does not currently pass sneaking clicks to blocks.

For some reason I had a feeling the battle wrench would work. Thanks again for the speedy reply. Off to finish my combustion array with one less tool cluttering my inventory.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Feature request: something useful to do with TE's sulfur chunks.

I pulverize a lot of coal, and that byproduct is seriously starting to pile up. It now requires a chest of its own because it's getting in the way in my production output chest. And since it's not ore dictionary compatible with sulfur from other mods (Railcraft, Industrialcraft Experimental, GregTech to name a few), the only thing you can do with it is craft gunpowder. And, well. Gunpowder? That's stuff you have too much of, all the time, just from killing creepers. Never in my Minecraft career have I found the need to craft any. Factorization used to need a small but steady supply for sulfuric acid for the ore tripler, but in the newer versions that was removed too.

If TE sulfur chunks were ore dictionary compaitble, they could at least be used in the small number of recipes that call for sulfur in other mods (such as making advanced batteries in IC2 Exp). That would be a start. But that's still not going to consume half a stack, much less half a chest full. So ideally, I'd like them to be useful somewhere else - maybe an alternative recipe for pyrotheum dust that replaces one of the three components with a sulfur chunk.

(And yes, I know I can always just throw stuff away. But I think it would serve the mod better if the stuff it adds was actually useful for something.)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019

I pulverize a lot of coal, and that byproduct is seriously starting to pile up. It now requires a chest of its own because it's getting in the way in my production output chest. And since it's not ore dictionary compatible with sulfur from other mods (Railcraft, Industrialcraft Experimental, GregTech to name a few), the only thing you can do with it is craft gunpowder. And, well. Gunpowder? That's stuff you have too much of, all the time, just from killing creepers. Never in my Minecraft career have I found the need to craft any. Factorization used to need a small but steady supply for sulfuric acid for the ore tripler, but in the newer versions that was removed too.

If TE sulfur chunks were ore dictionary compaitble, they could at least be used in the small number of recipes that call for sulfur in other mods (such as making advanced batteries in IC2 Exp). That would be a start. But that's still not going to consume half a stack, much less half a chest full. So ideally, I'd like them to be useful somewhere else - maybe an alternative recipe for pyrotheum dust that replaces one of the three components with a sulfur chunk.

(And yes, I know I can always just throw stuff away. But I think it would serve the mod better if the stuff it adds was actually useful for something.)
TNT! Best thing in the game, mine with tnt :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, let's destroy 70% of the resources I "mine" with that. How about no!

IC2 gives you industrial TNT which supposedly doesn't do that, but still. That assumes the presence of another mod that may not always be there.

Linkitch

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find anyone mentioning it, but are Tesseract suppose to not connect to normal Pipes when set to only receive items?
If you set a Tesseract to send items, the pipes connect just fine.

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
Would you consider adding more support for BuildCraft Gates and piping mechanics? With the current implementation there is nothing in BuildCraft that can stop a TE machine from sending resources into a pipe. I can turn the machine off with redstone, but that will often also stop the machines directly next to it. The current mechanics forces me to spread the machines.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

Update. You are apparently somewhat behind.

I can't find anyone mentioning it, but are Tesseract suppose to not connect to normal Pipes when set to only receive items?
If you set a Tesseract to send items, the pipes connect just fine.

Pipes are weird. Use Itemducts. I'll see about getting this fixed, but since pipes are stupid, allowing them to connect on receive-only means that they'll attempt to send items in, which will basically get voided. I doubt this will be changing, since it's only a visual issue.

Would you consider adding more support for BuildCraft Gates and piping mechanics? With the current implementation there is nothing in BuildCraft that can stop a TE machine from sending resources into a pipe. I can turn the machine off with redstone, but that will often also stop the machines directly next to it. The current mechanics forces me to spread the machines.

Use Itemducts. There's no need to worry with stopping machines or having anything overflow. That's kind of the point. Also, machines shouldn't be spreading redstone signal. I'll check and make sure, but that does not sound accurate.

Reactions: RedBoss

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
KL, plans to add in a filterduct or at least filtering capability into your itemducts?

Can I also use this as an excuse to request for liquefied diamond to make the filterducts with the recipe requiring an itemduct inside a liquid transposer filling it up with the liquefied diamond?

:p

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
KL, plans to add in a filterduct or at least filtering capability into your itemducts?

Can I also use this as an excuse to request for liquefied diamond to make the filterducts with the recipe requiring an itemduct inside a liquid transposer filling it up with the liquefied diamond?

:p

Uh...have you not clicked the extraction part of an itemduct with a bare hand yet?Fluiducts too. Both incredibly powerful, and probably a bit too cheap at this time. Itemduct filters are side-specific btw, Fluiducts not so much.

I don't think we'll be doing a diamond-like pipe thing, since that's already easily achieved with the current filters and a chest.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
One thing Mekanism added that I thought was fairly cool was a pipe that locks itself when given a redstone signal. Is it possible for this make in into Itemducts, in the form of a mode or redstone-filled ducts?