Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said grab a bunch of mod guys and wright it all down. There has to be a host of overlooked aspects and as they are on this trend of making major re-wrights this might be a good time to do it. You might even be able to beat the idea of not only adding official multyblock support but microblocks as well. (No chance with that second one it was apparently vetoed by the request of notch himself.) And Cubic Chunks would be a dream like addition. :D

One of you must have some contacts in mojang that can get that list delivered to them.
If not directly then you can probably get it delivered by second or third party. Like the FTB guys or one of the well known youtubers.
There used to be a gethub and dev page that you could probably go through. But that has bin taken down. So you are going to have to go though the personal route.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
compression dynamo has been repeatedly said can take Biofuel (MFR), Fuel (BuildCraft), Oil (Buildcraft), Ethanol (Forestry), I forgot Iiquified coal

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
I havent played around with the beta yet, but I was wondering about the Invar battle-wrench, how much damage does it do? Is it equivalent to an Iron Sword?

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
...ummm. Iron tanks should not auto-output from side valves. Not TE fluids, not anything, ever o_O

I was late on deleting my post, seems you replied the same time. They definitely were auto-outputting, which is why I was baffled when the exact same setup was working for fuel but not oil. I spend a good hour messing with it, restarted the game in frustration, and then it stopped happening. No idea, something in RR modpack must of caused it.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. How odd.

On another topic, is it normal for itemducts to not connect to Buildcraft quarries (beta 6b)? I mean, with quarries autoejecting into chests and itemducts connecting to chests, I had absolutely no issue making it work anyway, but I was surprised and wondered if I was seeing a bug.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. How odd.

On another topic, is it normal for itemducts to not connect to Buildcraft quarries (beta 6b)? I mean, with quarries autoejecting into chests and itemducts connecting to chests, I had absolutely no issue making it work anyway, but I was surprised and wondered if I was seeing a bug.

Put a Tesseract on top of the Quarry. Set it to send Items and receive Energy. Connect a 2nd Tesseract to your main power, and a 3rd to your chests at your base (or 1 to do both, if setup allows). Best setup i've found for Quarries, only 1 block to move when it finishes and only requires 2-3 Tesseracts.

To answer your question though, they don't connect for me on latest beta. Seems like a bug to me.

Reactions: PierceSG

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Put a Tesseract on top of the Quarry.

Can't afford tesseracts yet due to the huge cost in enderpearls. Hunting endermen is quite difficult when you're on sloped terrain in the dark, in a 1.6 world with its constant zombie horde spawns and food-guzzling health regeneration, with the server fixed on highest difficulty ;) And of course then there's Murphy's law in terms of drop luck. What few pearls I have I'll probably save up for opening The End first.

So instead I plopped a normal chest on top of the quarry, with itemducts pulling out of that, and placed down a line of six barrels for the most common resources plus a final overflow golden chest at the end. Since itemducts conveniently insert into the closest valid inventory, this works flawlessly... I just have to empty the barrels regularly because they're filling up at a breakneck pace. A couple Forestry backpacks help me do a whole lot in a single trip.

Quarry is powered by four magmatic dynamos with lava-filled reinforced portable tanks placed on them. Lasts for a good long while at a very respectable clip.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...didn't Saice came up with a spawning platform build that can help you with your ender pearl issue?

Edit: Here's the link.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't build mob spawners, period. They're butt ugly and immersion breaking, they abuse mechanics not intended to be used that way, they remove most of the point of survival mode gameplay and their mere existence is the whole damn reason why I need to cough up a full stack of enderpearls for a simple tesseract pair in the first place. Call me a grumpy old man shaking his cane, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :p

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. How odd.

Absolutely not a bug. A quarry is not an inventory and they do not implement special code to connect and send to ItemDucts. There's no reason they would connect, and I suspect they never will.

Reactions: AlanEsh

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I don't build mob spawners, period. They're butt ugly and immersion breaking, they abuse mechanics not intended to be used that way, they remove most of the point of survival mode gameplay and their mere existence is the whole damn reason why I need to cough up a full stack of enderpearls for a simple tesseract pair in the first place. Call me a grumpy old man shaking his cane, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. :p
I kinda like them. It's something to build that's both useful and can be done in so many different ways. I would rather Mojang encouraged building stuff like this, rather than nerf them at every opportunity. Minecrafts supposed to be about building, give us more reasons to do it! Encourage inginuity!

Reactions: immibis

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Since when did Mojang anything to nerf mobspawners...? They work as well as they always have. Mojang has absolutely nothing against them (just I do).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Since when did Mojang anything to nerf mobspawners...? They work as well as they always have. Mojang has absolutely nothing against them (just I do).
Last I remember notch or jeb HATED them. Deep seated hate. They've tried to do a few things to make them not work.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't there a change made to limit xp gained from a single spawner to limit the effectiveness of mob farms?