Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
well, maybe to judge how much hair we have to pull out

Is it alright if I ask the dev team cautiously how much work is left to do before a public beta/final release?

Not an ETA, but there was somebody a page or so back in the comments which was saying that you were hoping for a public release soon, so I was wondering if that's actually true in respect to the workload

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
An undisclosed fifth member, hmmm? Well, I suppose they have their reasons. The speculation on the previous page was hilarious, though :D

Reactions: SonOfABirch

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The mantra here is that people want to figure out complex systems, solve problems. if the MOD itself solves all the problems and makes the systems simpler... how is it any fun to play the game anymore?

The point is choice. The point is always choice.
People should be able to choose the 50 step over complicated way or choose to do it the simple way. And the next time they play a mod or mod pack they should be able to choose to do it a completely different way.
Some mods do things the easy way. Others the more complicated way. Some complicated mods can be made easy when combined with other mods. Some easy mods can be made complicated with other mods.
But no mods should ever force any sort of specific choice on a player in any way.

Ultimately none of us give a dame about how other people play. We are not required to.
And King L isn't ether. But L is trying to balance HIS MOD in away that MOST people will be able to use it and have FUN with it.
YOU do NOT have to use it. YOU do NOT even have the right to complain.

There is an old saying about critics and artists. And believe me King Lemming is an artist.
"Listen to all the advice and none of the criticism." I would add that one one of them are actually useful.
And king if you please take that bit of advice to hart.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Offcourse the week TE comes out they release X rebirth! Guess ill check the 1.7 release ones i get out from my addiction xD

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, crap...I had to go and Google "X Rebirth".
  • single-player
  • sandbox
  • complex economics and combat
Sounds a lot like MoO2 and Galactic Civ. How do these guys get in my head and learn my addictions ?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds a lot like MoO2 and Galactic Civ. How do these guys get in my head and learn my addictions ?

It's actually not that similar, since you're not managing a cvilization from an abstract map view... much rather, you're a person zipping around in a spaceship (who has access to map views, but still).

A better comparison would be "if EVE Online had an offline mode". You get all the economics, all the space battles, all the star systems and all the cool sci-fi stuff - but without all those meddling other players and their accursed dogs foiling your plans all the time ;)

Reactions: MigukNamja

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Like having your alliance get ripped for 150bil :s

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, crap...I had to go and Google "X Rebirth".
  • single-player
  • sandbox
  • complex economics and combat
Sounds like something I'd be interested in. Damnit, I don't get enough time for Minecraft and my other gaming interests. Why do I have to go to work? Oh, right, Money....

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
As kids, we have the time to game but no money to pay for it... as adults, we have the money but not the time :confused: *fistshakes*

That's probably the one thing I respect most about mod makers... not their coding skill or creativity, but rather the fact that they find the time to do it!

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
A better comparison would be "if EVE Online had an offline mode".

This, essentially. Such a great and often overlooked space sim. For someone who played the original Elite on his C64 as a kid, this series ranks as one of my all-time favs. The only warning I'd offer is: Sharp (Learning) Curve Ahead. If you spend the time, however, the rewards are vast.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Overlooked, indeed !

I've been playing strategy games since 1980-ish and have owned and played tens to hundreds of games in this genre over the years. How could I have missed this diamond in the rough ?

Must....resist....downloading....at....work....

As kids, we have the time to game but no money to pay for it... as adults, we have the money but not the time :confused: *fistshakes*

That's probably the one thing I respect most about mod makers... not their coding skill or creativity, but rather the fact that they find the time to do it!

So true, so true. Between work, wife, kids, and other commitments, difficult to commit to any other major projects.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
YOU do NOT even have the right to complain.

Wrong. Unless a mod tells me I am not allowed to state that i dislike a mod, I can do so. No one said all the gregtech whiners couldn't complain every single thread i read when i first came here, right? Someone could make a post that said "how do you make red dye". First response would be "gregtech is too haaaaard, waaaaaaah". Every time.

the real issue is that going against the crowd always brings out people like yourself that don't think logically and just think with their emotions. No one got upset when the majority here complained about gregtech AD NAUSEUM. (Ok actually some people said 'enough is enough'.) so I think my couple comments here stating I didnt like how he handled things are fine. You can disagree all you want, but don't try to tell me I can't state my opinion, that's just ridiculous.

tl;dr: If people can bash Greg every day (and they did this before any spat with Mdiyo), I can politely tell Lemming I think he is disingenuous, etc.

Reactions: King Lemming