The state of 1.6 Modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Whoops yeah sorry about the Rp2 frames thing (Double checked my research and realized this chronic is a bit stronger that I've expected) But I will still not let you off the hook for hiding your mod behind a paywall Donationwall.
Shure I might be a cold hearted bastard But, anyone who donate's only to get "something" in return has a colder heart than me..

And the 1.6 thing was a TON of work for me, and it was going to happen regardless of the donations

I'm not sure you really understand exactly how much work was involved there, how burned out I was, and also apparently missed where it was happening anyway. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who legitimately believes I held the mod hostage for donations. Everyone else knew it was being worked on. I simply pulled a few sleepless nights and damaged my body and sanity to help some sick children out. Truly, I am a monster.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure you really understand exactly how much work was involved there, how burned out I was, and also apparently missed where it was happening anyway. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who legitimately believes I held the mod hostage for donations. Everyone else knew it was being worked on. I simply pulled a few sleepless nights and damaged my body and sanity to help some sick children out. Truly, I am a monster.

Most of us really appreciate the effort. The fact that you helped us raise more money for kids is awesome.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying you a saint, but you aint a devil. And to prove i'm right.. why don't you come back coding? :D

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly sure why this discussion is still ongoing; Minecraft entities simply despawn when killed, so we should follow the game's example and let the metaphorical dead horse disappear in a puff of particle effects instead of incessantly beating it. :|

...have I mentioned it's REALLY late here and I should be sleeping already? Let's be nice to each other so I don't have to be a sad panda in the morning, OK? :)

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I just don't feel the same way you do..
I suppose I'm just frusterated that so many awesome modders are leaving the modding scene to pursue life dreams.
I mean, I am A sadistical satan....it it in my name. lol
It's just that your going to make this awesome mod and then leave just like Eloraam, saoryn and papiahmar (i don't consider a few dusts and 1 uncraftable chest a real mod).
Shure new Mod developers will take over....
Raising money for those sick children is one of the best things anyone can do, really it is.. But It seems like I"m the only one who has a problem with the fact that TE was already complete 2 weeks BEFORE the charity began.. So when KL says that "I put in a lot of work into it" that I have some sort of problem "understanding" what kind of work he did in the aforementioned two weeks prior the the charity...

But I digress..

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Now that RL is calming down for me and I will be getting much much more time to sit down and do what I love (game dev,)
Somehow, this was the highlight of the entire post for me. :) It's good to know that all's well in anonymous people's lives over the Internet, that have become strangely interconnected with our lives. :)

Also, I thank you and everyone of you in FTB team (sub-team, quasi-team, part-time-team, wiki-team, etc.) that does whatever it takes outside of your life and family to bring us joy, entertainment and *cough* drama *cough* :p

Take care!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
. But It seems like I"m the only one who has a problem with the fact that TE was already complete 2 weeks BEFORE the charity began..

No it wasn't. I beta test TE... and alpha test... and no it wasn't. I got the Alpha version nearly a month after the charity event.

I don't think there are many people who get the TE3 alphas (other then TeamCoFH) before I do.

ANXHaruhi

Jul 29, 2019
Will it be updates to the unstable pack? Just adding/updating mods as they go out for 1.7 I don't care about stability, more like a creative pack to play.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
so in 7-9 days if all goes smoothly we should see and up date to all mod packs? sorry just been up all night, brains shot to hell. now where did i put my hat

PDDnox

Jul 29, 2019
The mod devs i follow who have Patreon, use the money to invest in equipment. A lot of them don't have the money to buy it themselves.
So they create a possibilty to receive funding to be better equipped.

Better equipment means better / cooler mods. So more fun for the users.

Jaded/Eyamaz. So no Unstable surprise in the coming months?? snif snif :)
And Jaded... please be gentle if you use the Solstice pack of Pahi and BB.Chris. Well done Steve ain't cool!

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
The mod devs i follow who have Patreon, use the money to invest in equipment. A lot of them don't have the money to buy it themselves.
So they create a possibilty to receive funding to be better equipped.

Better equipment means better / cooler mods. So more fun for the users.

Jaded/Eyamaz. So no Unstable surprise in the coming months?? snif snif :)
And Jaded... please be gentle if you use the Solstice pack of Pahi and BB.Chris. Well done Steve ain't cool!
they shouldn't get new equipment. If it runs fine for them on their old system, it runs great on ours :D Give them new systems and you get more demanding mods:p

Reactions: PDDnox

TaintedHorizon

Jul 29, 2019
KL, I want to thank you for TE it is and has been one of my favorite minecraft mods.

Reactions: CrazyA

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Umm KL agreed to do that as a favor to Slowpoke and the FTB team to help raise money for charity. He wasn't going to release for 1.6 at all. We asked him to reconsider for the charity event. What's wrong with having a reward for a charity that supports sick kids?

. (Stuff)
'

1. KL didn't put 1.6 behind a paywall. We got him to agree to a stunt for charity that caused him a lot of extra work
2. KL does not have a mod feature tied to a patreon goal
3. What's the issue again?

Don't you just love Olympic Conclusion Jumping? :D

I suppose I just don't feel the same way you do..
I suppose I'm just frusterated that so many awesome modders are leaving the modding scene to pursue life dreams.
I mean, I am A sadistical satan....it it in my name. lol
It's just that your going to make this awesome mod and then leave just like Eloraam, saoryn and papiahmar (i don't consider a few dusts and 1 uncraftable chest a real mod).
Shure new Mod developers will take over....
Raising money for those sick children is one of the best things anyone can do, really it is.. But It seems like I"m the only one who has a problem with the fact that TE was already complete 2 weeks BEFORE the charity began.. So when KL says that "I put in a lot of work into it" that I have some sort of problem "understanding" what kind of work he did in the aforementioned two weeks prior the the charity...

But I digress..

Heaven forbid anyone wanting to do something that provides a "Real Life" reward...

Not all of us can live for free in our parent's basement until we inherit the house, spending our time creating Intellectual Property to give away gratis, you know (not implying you do, but I know a few, and they actually contribute nothing for society)

Last edited by a moderator:

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, one small step closer to FTB 1.8 packs... LoL. All I can say is.... There better be at least Rotarycraft (and all related mods) at least V23.. Thank you

RjGraffiti

Jul 29, 2019
It's called sarcasm. My bad, i thought another rant about RF was coming.
I just hope EU makes any kind of comeback. It is, in my opinion, the best and easiest system. Sure, I like RF with their tater batries and Berg Reacters, but EU was classic, and simple. And GregTech was a great mod for some people. I like a bit of a grind. Sure, EU may be phased out a bit, but it still is one of the freaking greatest mods ever. Hell, it was the thing that got me into modded minecraft in the first place. It's a legend in a .zip file, and even though its team is getting flack for being jerks, they still deserve some respect. And any EU related pack must have GregTech or I won't play it. No dang way.

Reactions: CuteTurret

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I just hope EU makes any kind of comeback. It is, in my opinion, the best and easiest system. Sure, I like RF with their tater batries and Berg Reacters, but EU was classic, and simple. And GregTech was a great mod for some people. I like a bit of a grind. Sure, EU may be phased out a bit, but it still is one of the freaking greatest mods ever. Hell, it was the thing that got me into modded minecraft in the first place. It's a legend in a .zip file, and even though its team is getting flack for being jerks, they still deserve some respect. And any EU related pack must have GregTech or I won't play it. No dang way.
The experimental 1.6 whatever had the first IC2 feature additions in forever besides several reactor revamps. Besides the reactors, the mod in 1.5 is pretty much exactly the same as it was in 1.1. And as far as gregtech goes, a lot of people (including me) dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.