The state of 1.6 Modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
The experimental 1.6 whatever had the first IC2 feature additions in forever besides several reactor revamps. Besides the reactors, the mod in 1.5 is pretty much exactly the same as it was in 1.1. And as far as gregtech goes, a lot of people (including me) dislike it.

i like what it adds i just dont like the mod makers interactions with other modders. now lets leave it at that and get back to the topic on hand.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
i hope you add NotEnoughCodecs client side. so open blocks radio will work again, i hate making people add it manually

RjGraffiti

Jul 29, 2019
The experimental 1.6 whatever had the first IC2 feature additions in forever besides several reactor revamps. Besides the reactors, the mod in 1.5 is pretty much exactly the same as it was in 1.1. And as far as gregtech goes, a lot of people (including me) dislike it.
So, edit it so that GregTech doesn't touch vanilla IC2 and make it so the machines are additions.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's the lateness of the hour or my own inherent weirdness or a combination of the two, but this statement made me picture a secret machine/recipe in TE that made in-game dimes out of metal ingots. :p

Ok, we need a mod that introduces a coin machine. And, a villager that actually buys and sells emeralds for coins.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
they shouldn't get new equipment. If it runs fine for them on their old system, it runs great on ours :D Give them new systems and you get more demanding mods:p

Oh wow.

Did you ever consider that the requirements for compiling a mod are not the same as the requirements for playing?

I have not done enough mod work yet to comment on this (so far one set of improvements to an existing mod), but from past work in C/Objective C, I can assure you that a faster machine to speed up the compile/test/fix cycle is a completely different thing than the play modded minecraft.

Yes, while working with minecraft, Eclipse as a dev environment does a nice job of incremental compile as you go, but if you don't actually do a full compile/package/test before release, you risk all sorts of last minute bugs and a need for a hot fix.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow.

Did you ever consider that the requirements for compiling a mod are not the same as the requirements for playing?

I have not done enough mod work yet to comment on this (so far one set of improvements to an existing mod), but from past work in C/Objective C, I can assure you that a faster machine to speed up the compile/test/fix cycle is a completely different thing than the play modded minecraft.

Yes, while working with minecraft, Eclipse as a dev environment does a nice job of incremental compile as you go, but if you don't actually do a full compile/package/test before release, you risk all sorts of last minute bugs and a need for a hot fix.
I'm a professional software developer, so yes, i know that a dev machine needs more power than a machine to play it on.
Is it me, or is there a lack of humor lately?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a professional software developer, so yes, i know that a dev machine needs more power than a machine to play it on.
Is it me, or is there a lack of humor lately?
Well besides me trolling the king and derailing trains, this thread is a little bland in the humor department..

King Lemming and Myrathi walk into a bar...

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming and Myrathi walk into a bar...
A man flying in a hot air balloon suddenly realizes he’s lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts to get directions, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says: "Yes. You're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."

"You must work in Information Technology," says the balloonist.

"I do" replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but It's of no use to anyone."

The man below replies, "You must work in management."

"I do," replies the balloonist, "But how'd you know?"*

"Well", says the man, "you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault."[DOUBLEPOST=1400655881][/DOUBLEPOST]Or something more appropriate here:
“Knock, knock.”

“Who’s there?”

very long pause….

“Java.”

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
you may want to see a doctor about that...
I got a queasy feeling of excitement in my intestines after reading this. It's starting to hurt...

This happens usually because of drinking to much Liquid Ender. Can you tell me if you've had any issues with your spatial awareness? Vertigo? Nausea? Finding yourself in random rooms without knowing how you've gotten there?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This happens usually because of drinking to much Liquid Ender. Can you tell me if you've had any issues with your spatial awareness? Vertigo? Nausea? Finding yourself in random rooms without knowing how you've gotten there?
You forgot about the explosive diarrhea.

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so. And I'm pretty sure I don't have a magma crucible in my house, so how would I obtain liquid ender?

Status
Not open for further replies.