The rebirth of IC2 ?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are great expect for the stupid "ductaped" e net placeholder just to reduce server hogging. But this placeholder is so buggy (from cabling not melting, no eu loss on any cables, and also only exploit with transformers and eu emitting blocks from a watermill to a MFSU)

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are great expect for the stupid "ductaped" e net placeholder just to reduce server hogging. But this placeholder is so buggy (from cabling not melting, no eu loss on any cables, and also only exploit with transformers and eu emitting blocks from a watermill to a MFSU)
These IC2 versions are not meant to be used by the community and especially not by mod pack teams. I fully expect a placeholder to not work correctly for many cases as i wouldn't bother making it work if i will replace it later once i got things sorted out.
You are complaining about something which will not exist in the future....

Reactions: ShneekeyTheLost

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well certainly just my opinion but I rather have the old e net back and Then replace it with something more refined! I know that's it a placeholder but still this is just like duct taping a broken chair to be able to sit on it... Plus who's care about a CESU if the stinky E net is still full of exploits and bugs. I also aware of buggness and Some unbalance but usually it's isn't at this level of derpy when you try a prerelease. (look at EE3 for once, yep the Iron>enderpearls is exploitative but the mod is at somewhat balanced.) Heck we all know balancing is one of the last things on the list for most mods, But something like this Needs to be fixed on the double. Even Bigreactors took actions against uranium duping (the mod just came out not too long ago) In short I still think IC2 shouldn't done this "duct tape fix" Even for an experimental build. (especially when you add new features to it) If they keep on doing it, it's just going to be a chain reaction of the e net. Like building a house, if the foundation is unstable you think you wanna add walls and roofing to it? No cause the whole thing would break down. (depending on how bad it was in the first place)

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Well certainly just my opinion but I rather have the old e net back and Then replace it with something more refined! I know that's it a placeholder but still this is just like duct taping a broken chair to be able to sit on it... Plus who's care about a CESU if the stinky E net is still full of exploits and bugs. I also aware of buggness and Some unbalance but usually it's isn't at this level of derpy when you try a prerelease. (look at EE3 for once, yep the Iron>enderpearls is exploitative but the mod is at somewhat balanced.) Heck we all know balancing is one of the last things on the list for most mods, But something like this Needs to be fixed on the double. Even Bigreactors took actions against uranium duping (the mod just came out not too long ago) In short I still think IC2 shouldn't done this "duct tape fix" Even for an experimental build. (especially when you add new features to it) If they keep on doing it, it's just going to be a chain reaction of the e net. Like building a house, if the foundation is unstable you think you wanna add walls and roofing to it? No cause the whole thing would break down. (depending on how bad it was in the first place)

It's not a prerelease. It's development. There's more than one mod developer (and multiple mods that interface with ic2) and a rather large number of people testing and reporting bugs/issues on the ic2 forum. New machines are being added so they need to hook into the new energy net regardless of whether or not it works. The experimental build is not intended, at all, for "live" worlds.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
If they implement GT ideas without insane difficulty ramps it wont be too bad, But they should add things to IC2 to make it fresher

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
If they implement GT ideas without insane difficulty ramps it wont be too bad, But they should add things to IC2 to make it fresher
i dont think Greg would allow it. otherwise there would be nothing left for it to not be just a nerftech.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I was lurking around Jenkins, and this was what I found, to sum everything up:

• New machines
    • Ore cleaner
    • Replicator
  • Something with regards to patter storage ???
  • Updated cable code
  • Ability to refill uranium cells
  • Lead ore and ingot. Lead casings.
  • The nuke as a gui.
  • Someone yelling at Thunderdark to use the forge dictionary.
  • cesu, has something to do with the MFE and MFSU
None of this is confirmed.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I was lurking around Jenkins, and this was what I found, to sum everything up:

• New machines
    • Ore cleaner
    • Replicator
  • Something with regards to patter storage ???
  • Updated cable code
  • Ability to refill uranium cells
  • Lead ore and ingot. Lead casings.
  • The nuke as a gui.
  • Someone yelling at Thunderdark to use the forge dictionary.
  • cesu, has something to do with the MFE and MFSU
None of this is confirmed.

CESU is the new Tier 2 Energy storage (so it's the replacement of the MFE) So here how these units are rated now.

Batbox same stats as before
CESU same as the MFE before the change with half the capacity and diamond free to make (although require insane quantities of Bronze)
MFE output HV current and have 4,000,000 eu buffer
MFSU output EV current and have 40,000,000 eu buffer (so emptying a full one is same number of ticks as the old MFSU)

Cabling are rated as for now for
Tin Cabling 32 eu/t
Copper Cabling 128 eu/t
Gold Cabling 512 eu/t
High Voltage Cabling 2048 eu/t
Fiber Glass Cabling 8192 eu/t

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
yep. i like GT very much after i undo its stupid hard-mode recipies.
and can someone please link to where theyre getting all the news?

BigBrother_

Jul 29, 2019
There's work done around UU-Matter, it's now a FLUID and has that wierd pink-purple texture....
I don't know where that's leading to but my guess is that ( as they tend to add machines to do everything ) there will be another machine to do whatever UU has to do.
I think this a big change in IC2 since getting UU is pretty much the goal of the mod...

Reactions: SpitefulFox