Texture Artists

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Blorph, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Blorph

Blorph New Member

Ooh.. I can't, because I'm self-taught, I first started by creating a MC skin with GIMP, coloring over.. just messing about. I first started playing with MC for the mods, than I found some modders to test my texturing abilities. It takes time, and I was really bad at the beginning. The "Colorize" and the "Noise Generator" tools are some of the best things to mess with at the beginning of texturing. Take a MC skin, and start with that, or try retexturing Vanilla, and ask for help/input regarding that. GIMP is a free alternative to Photoshop, and is quite powerful. :)

bounding star likes this.
  2. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I have been working on a set of texture tutorials; perhaps they will be done before 2016.
    Also, instead of triple posting, you should edit your first post.

Here is a VERY simple tutorial:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. bounding star

bounding star New Member

i am also self-taught, again mostly by messing around, and i would recommend paint.net, very similar to gimp but perhaps a bit easier to use. also lots of plugins and filters to do different things.

4. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Here are some templates I made to make texturing easier, hope it helps. I used to suck at texturing but I got a lot better after practicing with these. http://imgur.com/a/JlEvI

Blorph likes this.
  5. Scipio^2

Scipio^2 New Member

I made thaumcraft versions of uranium, what do you guys think?
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    jdog1408 likes this.
  6. goreae

goreae Ultimate Murderous Fiend

Fixed it for you. You linked to the imgur album, not the actual image's URL.

CyanideX, Strikingwolf and Yulife like this.
  7. Wavebrother

Wavebrother New Member

I would like someone to do some textures for me. The textures are all pretty terrible. I just retextured vanilla stuff. Check it out here or in the first link in my signature. Ender tools and armor.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  8. TennePlaysGames

TennePlaysGames New Member

I'm not sure if this is really relevant to texturing, but sorry for my absence from the thread/texturing, I've been really busy with IRL things, ranging from school to getting ready to move. I'll try and get back into texturing and stuff when I can ^_^

CyanideX, Blorph and Yulife like this.
  9. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Awesome! :)

Blorph likes this.
  10. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

I wanna let you know you aren't being ignored but you just asked for a lot of textures

Blorph likes this.
  11. Wavebrother

Wavebrother New Member

Ya I know it's a lot of textures. I don't need them super fast. I'm currently working on something that is talking longer than expected.

12. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

just wanted to let you know

13. Wavebrother

Wavebrother New Member

Thanks.

14. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

I'll start sending textures as I finish them a batch at a time

Attached Files:

15. Wavebrother

Wavebrother New Member

Much better than before. Thanks. Oh and extreme tools too. They're gonna be added in the next update. Sorry for asking you to do all of this.

jdog1408 likes this.
  16. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Axes

Attached Files:

Blorph likes this.
  17. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Wait I should probably redo the handles to match the ender stick

18. Wavebrother

Wavebrother New Member

Yes that would be nice.

19. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

More tools

Attached Files:

Blorph likes this.
  20. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I suggest linking to a download of all the files instead. It's not as fun having to save each file individually. ;)

A Dropbox folder is a great solution.

Yulife and Blorph like this.