Texture Artists

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
I'll actually post an actual texture of a thaumic apiary
ZyAVCfZ.png

mKQXugf.png

I'll admit it's a hack job.
/underhanded But at least it's not just a copypasta job lolz.

Not bad, but here's a few pointers:

1: The thaumic symbol on the top is off. It should be something like this:
YgwZk7j.png

2: The textures could be more faithful to vanilla TC textures.
3: It honestly doesn't look like an apiary(to me, at least)

To show you my way of thinking for the Apiary, you have to think about how/what it would be crafted out of. There's only two types of wood in vanilla TC: Greatwood and Silverwood, which they already have their own vanilla planks. In terms of my texture, it only seems logical to have it made out of Greatwood and Silverwood, hence the copy/paste(ish) job. There's only so much you can do to make an apiary faithful to it's original counterpart while still making it look thaumic. Other than that, it's quite an interesting/unique texture ^_^

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'll actually post an actual texture of a thaumic apiary
ZyAVCfZ.png

mKQXugf.png

I'll admit it's a hack job.
/underhanded But at least it's not just a copypasta job lolz.
My main issue with it is it looks like a machine. Like it's processing materials into something else. One definite improvement is to change the ooze. Make it look like it came out of a bee's butt and less like flux goop.

Reactions: Blorph

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
My main issue with it is it looks like a machine. Like it's processing materials into something else. One definite improvement is to change the ooze. Make it look like it came out of a bee's butt and less like flux goop.
The texture itself is fine, however, a bit more "open-ness" at the top would look even better ;)

Reactions: Blorph and goreae

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To show you my way of thinking for the Apiary, you have to think about how/what it would be crafted out of. There's only two types of wood in vanilla TC: Greatwood and Silverwood, which they already have their own vanilla planks. In terms of my texture, it only seems logical to have it made out of Greatwood and Silverwood, hence the copy/paste(ish) job. There's only so much you can do to make an apiary faithful to it's original counterpart while still making it look thaumic. Other than that, it's quite an interesting/unique texture ^_^

I did take the potential materials in to consideration.

Apiaries are essentially wooden boxes with an opening for bees. (actually I was sort of half watching some Home/ Garden show where they showed a garden that had an old wine barrel full of bees, the entrance was where the tap/ plug was).

I made it look like a greatwood box(actually might be closer to the color of living wood in retrospect) framed with silverwood and some thaumimium bracing plates at the corners. Thaumic bees would be whily creatures, you'd need a pretty heavy duty box to house them so you'd want to incorporate metal in to the structure. I mean regular bees have a tendency to explode (/underhanded tekkit era jab) so imagine warped thuamic bees.
I think there's a place for keeping things "faithful" but you need to indulge some artistic license sometimes to keep things from being more of the same. I tend to settle for recognizable, when I texture things I want them to look different but recognizable.

The texture itself is fine, however, a bit more "open-ness" at the top would look even better ;)

Not that this matters but I think bees are pretty specific as to where and what they choose for a nest, and I don't think view of the sky is preferable factor as it would let in rain.
But I'm not a bee keeper so I could be wrong.

Reactions: Blorph and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I did take the potential materials in to consideration.

Apiaries are essentially wooden boxes with an opening for bees. (actually I was sort of half watching some Home/ Garden show where they showed a garden that had an old wine barrel full of bees, the entrance was where the tap/ plug was).

I made it look like a greatwood box(actually might be closer to the color of living wood in retrospect) framed with silverwood and some thaumimium bracing plates at the corners. Thaumic bees would be whily creatures, you'd need a pretty heavy duty box to house them so you'd want to incorporate metal in to the structure. I mean regular bees have a tendency to explode (/underhanded tekkit era jab) so imagine warped thuamic bees.
I think there's a place for keeping things "faithful" but you need to indulge some artistic license sometimes to keep things from being more of the same. I tend to settle for recognizable, when I texture things I want them to look different but recognizable.

Not that this matters but I think bees are pretty specific as to where and what they choose for a nest, and I don't think view of the sky is preferable factor as it would let in rain.
But I'm not a bee keeper so I could be wrong.
Indeed, that would perhaps not be good for the bees...nevermind.
It is just that the block looks very closed up - I suggest giving it bigger openings on the side and then it will be perfect. Maybe make it more of a colour of Greatwood instead of Livingwood. ;)
Hope it gets accepted!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, that would perhaps not be good for the bees...nevermind.
It is just that the block looks very closed up - I suggest giving it bigger openings on the side and then it will be perfect. Maybe make it more of a colour of Greatwood instead of Livingwood. ;)
Hope it gets accepted!

I don't particularly mind if it's accepted or not, I just wanted to post something.

Reactions: Blorph and Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Heya everyone, me again, this time I actually need a texture instead of delivering one.
Long story short I want to create cupcakes with several types of frosting (which I have already textured ) using Quadrum in my modpack but I am not sure how to do the cupcake texture.
Both a frosted and an unfrosted version of the cupcake would be appreciated, best would be a big, thick swirl ontop of the cupcake with the colour white. I accept 16x16 and 32x32, 64x64 is simply too high.
Thanks for reading and... I'll look forward to your textures :)

TennePlaysGames

Jul 29, 2019
Heya everyone, me again, this time I actually need a texture instead of delivering one.
Long story short I want to create cupcakes with several types of frosting (which I have already textured ) using Quadrum in my modpack but I am not sure how to do the cupcake texture.
Both a frosted and an unfrosted version of the cupcake would be appreciated, best would be a big, thick swirl ontop of the cupcake with the colour white. I accept 16x16 and 32x32, 64x64 is simply too high.
Thanks for reading and... I'll look forward to your textures :)

Ask and ye shall recieve

epHWPDU.png

m4WIsf1.png

Scipio^2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making custom items for my modpack using quadrum and i was wondering if anybody could help me?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Im open for a texture artist to join my dev team

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks, could you make it so the colors resemble the colors of the botania ingots?
Send me all the items you want and some details IE
Broken Manasteel Sword : The Color of a manasteel ingot
Coin : Looks like a gold ingot just round