Texture Artists

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Blorph, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

ok I'll send a final .zip of them (I am not as good at block texturing so those are still up for grabs)

2. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Everyone's happy, It has everything but the blocks, maybe someone else can do those.

Attached Files:

Blorph likes this.
  3. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Anyone know where I can download all the templates for TiCon tools/weapons.

Blorph likes this.
  4. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

Just extract the textures from the jar.

Blorph and Yulife like this.
  5. Chaka

Chaka FTB Team Mod Developer Retired Staff

Your an awesome texture artist. Look. I made a block that doesn't look like a pile of colors, sort of.

[​IMG]

6. TennePlaysGames

TennePlaysGames New Member

I followed your tutorial, and I made this. How does it look, compared to the one you made?

[​IMG]

CyanideX likes this.
  7. TennePlaysGames

You're getting there. With some more practice, I'm sure you'll be able to improve ^_^

8. Yulife

Yulife New Member

Looks great in the middle but I think the noise on the dark outline is too strong. Try it a bit smoother like Chris ~

9. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

It looks awesome! The only main difference I noticed is that the noise overall is stronger and that the outline is darker. :)

I usually run the noise at around 0.5 and repeat until I like what I see.

Yulife likes this.
  10. TennePlaysGames

I tried it again and made two variations of it. Are either of these any better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I think the first one is perfect. :)

TennePlaysGames and Yulife like this.
  12. Blorph

Blorph New Member

Hmm, seems to just be a way of creating TE machine sides w/ @CyanideX styles..

13. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

It's just a basic tutorial on that particular block and style. If you want more, I can do more.

Yulife and Blorph like this.
  14. Blorph

Blorph New Member

I mean it's good and all.. I'd just like for all of them to come up with their own things influenced by your style. ;)

15. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I don't think they're planning on using that texture for anything. It's simply to practice technique.

16. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Honestly, you'd think it doesn't apply but practice makes perfect.

CyanideX likes this.
  17. TennePlaysGames

The main tutorials I want to see are on Logs, planks and leaves, because I can never get those right >_>

18. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

Not gonna lie... leaves suck. o_O

jdog1408, Blorph and Yulife like this.
  19. Theopenlink22

Theopenlink22 New Member

Hello guys. I am making a new mod And I need textures. It is for Apple Tools and Armor, Raw meat Tools and Armor, Bread Tools and Armor, Pumpkin Pie Tools and Armor, Melonslice Tools and Armor, Melonblock Tools and Armor. I need Cake Tools and Armor, rotten flesh and spider eye Tools and Armor. Potatoe and cooked Potatoe Tools and Armor. Carrot and Golden Carrot Tools and Armor. I need Cactus Tools and Armor. Stone(Not cobble) Tools and Armor. Golden Apple and Notch Apple Tools and Armor. Lastly I need Lapiz Tools and Armor. It is a big job. I would really appreciate help. I suck at making textures. BTW the tools still are crafted with sticks so don't make the whole tool made of food. Thank you so much. Please msg me!

20. Theopenlink22

Theopenlink22 New Member

Also Cooked meat Tools and Armor